North Cyprus Tourist Board - Book Publishers in TRNC or Turkey
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Book Publishers in TRNC or Turkey

Book Publishers in TRNC or Turkey

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus History

ilk22

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

I have written a book about the 1974 war seen through the eyes of an 8 year old child, although factual it is also a light read with some humour thrown in. 3 kids from London go to Cyprus on their 1st ever holiday and after a week the war breaks out. Suddenly having to adapt to what was going on: Dodging bullets, getting captured and trying to return home over a 3 month period.

The book is in the hands of a Ghostwriter, and there has already been some interest in publishing it as an ebook on Amazon with possibility of paperback if it does well. I am currently keeping my options open.

If any publisher is interested in possibly translating it into Turkish and publishing in Turkey or the TRNC, please get in touch with me. This project has been going on for 3 years now and ghostwriter has almost completed his work.

ilk22

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Chapter 1: We’re all going on a summer holiday

Thump! The dry Mediterranean heat introduced itself with a body blow as I climbed down from the Boeing 747. I’d never before experienced such temperatures; then again, I was only eight and my horizons up to that point had been limited to south London’s dull, grey skies. I knew little of the world beyond Tooting or what it had to offer.

The year was 1974, the place was Nicosia Airport in Cyprus and the experiences that were to follow will be branded in my brain for as long as I live.

ilk22

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

What an extraordinary feeling; stepping off the aircraft stairs on to the scorching Nicosia ground, it felt as if the rubber soles of my shoes were at melting point. I was used to the more temperate climes of my London home and nothing had prepared me for these temperatures.

But what a great time I was going to have on this yearned-for holiday, my first ever. Already, its first, weird experiences had filled me with delight. I had been so excited about the trip that I had been practising Cliff Richard’s 60s hit Summer Holiday for weeks, and daydreaming about bursting into song on the plane, with all the passengers joining in.

We’re going where the sun shines brightly.

We’re going where the sea is blue.

We’ve seen it in the movies,

Now let’s see if it’s true.

Naturally, it didn’t turn out that way, for I was a shy boy and didn’t have the nerve to sing out loud to a cabin full of bemused strangers. Instead, I contented myself with singing the song in my head and smiling all the way

Zoots

Message Posted:
01/06/2011 20:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Try Rustem publishing in Nicosia. You'll have to pay them.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

What is the title of your book?

An average paperback book page size is usually about 177 x 112 mm - you'll need to work out how many pages at this size that your book will contain.

Advice for first time authors is to limit the number of pages to 250.

'Vanity' publishing, unless you intend the readership to extend only to family and friends, in which case a low production run is very expensive, is not a good idea, as many people have been left with pallet loads of books left unsold, mouldering in their basements!

ilk22

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks Zoots & Tenakoutou

Book should be around 180 pages. Not looking to pay out but for a publisher to take on. Know it will not be easy, but am sure there may some sort of interest out there. Will try a few agents in UK, but would be good if i could get a Turkish publisher to take on and translate.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.