North Cyprus Tourist Board - Broken ankle Plaster cast - waterproof cover for swimming ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Broken ankle Plaster cast - waterproof cover for swimming ?

Broken ankle Plaster cast - waterproof cover for swimming ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Swimming Pool threads posted so far

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

the2ofus

Message Posted:
04/06/2011 17:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Does anyone know if you can buy here the waterproof self sealing covers which allow people with plaster casts to swim/bathe etc ? Need one for husband who has broken his ankle and will be in plaster 6 - 8 weeks !!

If not is there anyone who is coming our from UK next week that would be kind enough to bring one for me -if so i will order it and pay for it online to be delivered direct to you.

The other alternative is to get it delivered DHL - does anyone know how long it would take and if it needs to go to South side to be collected ?

Many thanks.

LooseBoots

Message Posted:
04/06/2011 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

If you would like to contact me off board. We have one that you could borrow............

nurseawful

Message Posted:
04/06/2011 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Waterproof covers for a plaster cast are great in the shower. But to go swimming!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

p.s. Have a word with the surgeon as I am only a nurse.

the2ofus

Message Posted:
04/06/2011 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks Looseboots.

Chris - yes i thought that also but on the various UK sites they are quite emphatic that they (certain ones) can be used for "bathing, swimming in pools and/or the sea". Mind you not that he will be doing much moving - more like lying and cooling ! Will double check it though - thanks.

cooper

Message Posted:
04/06/2011 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

A lot do say not for swimming but this one is ok - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Physio-Supplies-Ltd-WATERPROOF-PROTECTOR/dp/B0035FVYWK/ref=pd_cp_d_1

deputydawg

Message Posted:
05/06/2011 00:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

I hope he soon has an appropriate water proof cover and is restored to full health and mobility shortly. Without this, as the weather is getting hotter, I see in my mind pictures of him swimming around the edges of a pool with one leg on the patio and the plaster running on a caster wheel or skate board !

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.