North Cyprus Tourist Board - Oasis at Ayfilon Hotel North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Oasis at Ayfilon Hotel North Cyprus

Oasis at Ayfilon Hotel North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

joyjim

Message Posted:
05/06/2011 14:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Hi All,

Can any one tell me if the Oasis at Ayfilon hotel in N Cyprus is still up and running, we are looking to spend a couple of nights up there in september. This will be our fourth time in North Cyprus and our second with Maureen and Tony at their Carob Cottage situated in Hisarkoy.

During our previous visits we have explored many places, but as yet we have never been able to explore the most northern tip of this wonderful part of the world.

This hotel was recommended to us four or five years ago, but we cannot find much up to date information relating to it in the North Cyprus web pages at this moment in time.

Many thanks

Jim

poochops

Message Posted:
05/06/2011 16:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

http://www.oasishotelkarpas.com

It really is a lovely little spot on a gorgeous beach and a great place to explore from. I would advise you to book as early as possible, they have less than a dozen rooms and are always full esp In the summer

Ruyaed

Message Posted:
05/06/2011 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

If you manage to stay at Oasis you might consider doing the Pakize and Buylent's tractor safari which takes you from Oasis up into the inaccessible hills and includes lunch at a secluded beach. I think the details are on the forum somewhere. We did it last year and thought it terrific.

joyjim

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Hi poochops, thanks for that information

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

It is a dump and the beach below is poor

mrsgee

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

It is NOT a dump, and if you walk along the dirt track heading west just before you get to the church you will find a beach to die for...........It is a lovely place....ok basic but beautiful setting and the sunsets are fabulous........don't know which Oasis TheScarlets was staying at but we were there two weeks ago.....and it was still up and running.

mrsgee

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

,,,,,and still just as lovely......

poochops

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

You've got to be kidding right? It's one of the most beautiful secluded beaches in the area with a great little restaurant and bar right on hand at the top of the cliff. The hosts are really really genuinely warm & friendly and the guests are often from all over Europe and further afield, never ever met a single gobshite in the many times we've visited, although clearly at least one has been before. Book it you'll love it, and dipkarpaz and the surrounding area is the best part of the island imho, but in a wierd way, because it's so basic and down to earth I think. Have fun if you go

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

the beach in front of the oasis is not kept clean and the Oasis is very basic and the accomodation even more basic. The beach along the track road is fabulous and we'll be there agin this summer

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
10/06/2011 07:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

We rang the Oasis up and asked for an en suite room, they said 'no problem'.

The ensuite was literally a toilet with a curtain pulled around it, the beach directly in front of the 'hotel' was disgusting!

I must admit, never again, a little too basic for us however the beach that is a few minutes walk away around the coast is stunning.

Jayne

Message Posted:
10/06/2011 08:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Having stayed herea f ew weeks ago and going back end of June, I cant recommend it enough for total peace and tranquility.

The ensuite rooms do have proper bathrooms with proper wooden doors and not curtains around the toilet. They are small bathrooms but have a toilet, wash basin and a shower cubicle and are very clean. There is no air conditioning though but they will give you fans and each room has mosquito nets. The beack down the track that you can walk too is total paradise and very clean. Rooms are basic but it all adds to the experience in my opinion. Give it a try and I hope you enjoy yourself.

westender

Message Posted:
10/06/2011 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Was at the Oasis a couple of weeks ago for lunch, but for comfort would stay at Karpaz Arch Houses, only a short drive away.

poochops

Message Posted:
10/06/2011 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

estender I like your post "for comfort" we stayed at the arch houses.....

Isn't part of the fun of visiting the Karpaz the fact that you can sleep on a bed that's a glorified pallet with a 2" thich matress and think to yourself "right now I wouldn't be anywhere else in the world"

Last time we were there we got woken early by a cow mooing like crazy for its breakfast, we had coffee outside the front door and watched the kids walking off to school, we had a long walk round the village which quite frankly looks like many of the residents don't have two liras to rub together, and then had a boiled egg and toast for breakfast. By the time we were off for a drive I'd spoke more turkish to more people in a morning than I use in lapta in a fortnight.

I think why I find the karpaz is so special is because it's probably a taste of what the villages were like before tourism, hotels, villas &c, just plain, freindly an unassuming. I do still love lapta though, just for different reasons.

andre514

Message Posted:
10/06/2011 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

as a flag waver for the "wild east" I think the oasis a splendid place,

it is right next to the preserved 5th century church of ayios philon

true the rooms are rather crude but nobody forces you to stay there

...as others said, around the headland barely 250 meters westward

is a quite stunning near-deserted beach reminiscent of rossilli, wales

occasionaly mein host organises an official-release of baby turtles

towards the surf, and you'd be a hard xxxxxxx not to feel moved

rubbish does collect on the tiny beach in front (a.p. was a roman

harbour from a time when the northern karpaz was one of the

world's most commercialized and industrialised areas)

but can any of us put their hand on their heart and say they always

collect a bag of rubbish each time they come back from any beach?

(a lot on north cyprus beaches comes from elsewhere in the med)

an impressive view from the oasis clifftop cafe where all are welcome,

...and aphendrika is ten miles on

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.