North Cyprus Tourist Board - Dumped dogs in Bahceli area
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Dumped dogs in Bahceli area

Dumped dogs in Bahceli area

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

BrightonJim

Message Posted:
05/06/2011 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Dumped dogs need help in the Morlais/ Sunset Valley area. Hasan who works for Carringtons is trying to look after two adult dogs and two puppies who were dumped in the Morlais/Sunset Valley area.Hasan looks after swimming pools in the area and the dogs follow his van around on weekdays.He trys to feed them once a day when he is working,at week ends they just roam around looking for attention and food.They are really lovely friendly dogs and urgently need to find homes with people who live here. Can anyone in the area help? Hasan cannot afford to keep feeding them and has been asking around to see if anyone would adopt at least one of them but no luck so far.

There is a blond long haired labrador cross, a brown pointer/hunting cross and a short haired labrador puppy and a dark haired spaniel.The puppies look about 6 months old.

If we lived here we would take them on but we only holiday here.

vikkicm

Message Posted:
05/06/2011 23:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

A huge thanks to all of you for your kind words. I am not able to print, from my computer, but would be more than willing to pay for anyone who could print some posters for me, and also as I am unable to speak turkish, would be good in both languages...

as to the long haired labrador cross that has been found as per BrightonJim, I wonder if that maybe the dog who has been missing since end April, and whose posters are in Supreme, vets. etc.

I am so desperate to know what has happened to Bob, even if its only bad news. I continue to keep my faith in human nature and that someone, somewhere, can shed some light.

Also 1,000tl reward is, of course, rermains open

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
06/06/2011 08:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

We live on the next estate to these dogs and I know one of my neighbours put food out for them. Sadly, the two adult dogs were dumped some months ago, the puppies are new. They were dumped in a garden about 2 weeks ago. I can vouch for the adult dogs being gorgeous, especially the blonde labrador cross. She is a honey. I have not seen the pups close up. Our worry, as neighbours is that, as there is at least one bitch in the four, the four will soon become many more then we are into a pack situation.

If anyone can help (KAR are too full even for the puppies) then please come and see them. The pointer barks when you approach but he is a softie really.

How can people live with themselves for just dumping dogs..... makes me sick!!!!!

BrightonJim

Message Posted:
06/06/2011 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

The blond lab cross is still hanging around and is desperate for a home,haven't seen the others today, they may be following Hasan.Is there anyone out there who could adopt one or more? Or can people give Hasan some dog food to help him feed them? We are leaving end of this week but have been helping Hasan food wise.It would mean they will be fed some days at least.

Four puppies were dumped at Deniz Shir recently, noone came to their aid and three have died.What a horrible life and death for them.

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
06/06/2011 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

The thing is Brighton Jim, we are caught between a rock and a hard place. Do not feed and they die, feed and they become a pack (if the 4 of them stay) and it is we, the permanent livers, who have the problem then.

I certainly do not know what to do but I wish someone would take them in but sadly there are dozens of dogs (and cats) looking for homes and those are ones not in the KAR centre.

We already have 2 dogs (from KAR) and cannot take more. The lab cross is just lovely and if we did not have our two already, we would have taken the both of the adults dogs (before the pups were dumped).

North Cyprus has many pluses but the treatment of "pets" is not one of them!!!

berilela

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 06:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

BrightonJim

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Yes I agree Carrie, there is no easy solution and a pack of feral dogs is a problem for the permanent residents in particular and the neighbourhood in general. I was just hoping that someone would want a pet and take at least one in.

Hasan tells us that at least one of the dogs responds to commands in English which indicates a link to a GB owner who may simply have upped sticks and abandoned them. I am not one of the "lunatic fringe" animal lovers but I wish the culprits a similar fate to their victims.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.