North Cyprus Tourist Board - PLEASE, PLEASE could you all keep a look out for my stolen phone
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > PLEASE, PLEASE could you all keep a look out for my stolen phone

PLEASE, PLEASE could you all keep a look out for my stolen phone

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

nannycyprus

Message Posted:
06/06/2011 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Hi all of you out there.

I had my phone stolen at the Black Olive during the Glastonvicki Festival on Saturday and just wondered if you could keep a look out for it. It is oldish, no real mod cons, bright pink, a bit scratched and one or two of the keys don't work very well. But it had all my special photos on it, phone numbers that will be hard to get back and a charm from my daughter Dawn was hanging from it. It even had a special ring tone given to me by a friend which I probably can't get again. Oh, also it's an LG make. Not much use to sell and make money from but precious to me.

Would appreciate it. Thanks.

erolz

Message Posted:
06/06/2011 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Have you tired ringing it ? Was it pin code locked ?

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
06/06/2011 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Have you warned Turkcell/Telsim to block the number (and your bill if you have a monthly subscription!)?

Soonest tell the Police and Turkcell/Telsim the IMEI number of your phone (hope you have written it down somewhere).

sagsy22

Message Posted:
06/06/2011 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

hi honey have rung it everywhere I have been but have had no luck .x

Pipie

Message Posted:
06/06/2011 20:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Sensible advice DC !!

negativenick

Message Posted:
06/06/2011 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

and they laughed when i paid 14 quid for my phone..............

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
06/06/2011 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

NN you was robbed! I got a pay as ya go in Sainsburys last time I was back in UK - 10 quid with 10 quids worth of credit! sorted!

Maggie

berilela

Message Posted:
06/06/2011 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

its not the phone its the memorys of the photos that hurts like my phone i lost last yr had my dead gransons pics on now i lost every thing of him i do hope u find yr phone x

vikkicm

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

nanny cyprus,

I have lost my dog here, 3 weeks ago, in TRNC and am very worried about him, hoping he will turn up. I do however, sympathise with the loss of your mobile fone, as my husband passed away here, nearly 2 years ago, and my screen saver was the last picture I had taken of him, on memory card, and mobile fone is broken and replacement fones take different size memory cards, I do hope you find it.. any idea where you may have left it, dropped it, etc?

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 01:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Maybe they wouldn't answer the 'phone for obvious reasons, but you could try texting the number, saying about the precious numbers and 'photos et cetera - you never know, appealing to someone's compassion sometimes works.

I left a ring (not worth that much really, but sooooooooo special to me) in a washroom at college after washing my hands..........soon as I realised, I went back - it had gone. I typed and left notices all round the College saying it was from my late father, and meant the world to me and that if it was left in the pigeon hole of a tutor at the College sealed in an envelope with my name on it I wouldn't make any effort to find out who stole it. I got it back, that way, a week later. Still have that ring.

JohnW

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 07:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

nanny cyprus

You need to report the loss to the police. They then inform Turkcell/Telsim. The first time the phone is used, with or without a new sim card, they then inform the police (your phone has an EMEI number which the phone company log every time it is used so it can be identified even if used with another sim). The police then phone the user and ask him to bring it to the police station. We got a stolen phone back like this inside a week. The nice man told the police he had bought it in a bar from someone he had just that minute met.

John

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 07:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

@ msg 8, berilea: (...) its the memorys of the photos that hurts like my phone i lost last yr had my dead gransons pics on now i lost every thing of him (...)

▶ Sorry to say it bluntly: losing ANYTHING digital (text, graphic files etc etc) is the owners own fault. I've written it many times here and elsewhere: BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP. In 2011 it's cheap and easy.

@ msg 11, JohnW: You're right. Excellent repeat of: see msg 3 in this thread.

leprechaun

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 08:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

try this http://cellzio.com/?gclid=CKr-z7SHo6kCFYYXzQod1CnTuA says the can track any mobile.

blade

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

A friend of ours hand his phone taken from a table in a restaurant. He did inform the police and they did help in recovering it a few weeks later when the theif made a call on it. So please report it.

proger1

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

I am sorry to hear about the loss but perhaps and this is only a different viewpoint on the matter.

Perhaps you misplaced or dropped the phone and someone has picked it up afterwards and is considering returning the phone when they open this thread to find that they have been accused of theft, they should be hung drawn and quartered by the police and legal system if they even consider contacting you.

By your own admittal, it is an old out of date phone that probably isn't worth anything so I am curious why someone would steal it.

If you try to call and it does not ring then it is likely that the phone is now out of power or is damaged or as you suspect, was stolen and the card has now been swapped.

If it rings however then it might get somoens attention ot send an sms from another phone as suggested above that explains how to contact you.

Just another viewpoint as in my experience most phones are lost, not stolen. The finders often keep them but not always.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.