North Cyprus Tourist Board - Good news re PTP turkish title pre 74
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Good news re PTP turkish title pre 74

Good news re PTP turkish title pre 74

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Follow North Cyprus News with Cyprus44 News

ajaney

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Regarding a query to my lawyer I have just been informed by my them today that they have recieved PTP on a resale Turkish title property which was originally sold by a Turkish Cypriot POST 74 to a British buyer and then recently on to another British buyer who has just received PTP. I hope this will be good news for some buyers who are waiting to receive PTP on a resale Turkish tile property.

walkerscott

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 09:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Who is your Lawyer? And where is the property located? Beware, Lawyers have a personal interest in trying to kick start the market! The property market is a very important Milk Cow for them.

http://www.no-deeds-no-money.moonfruit.com

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 09:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

WS why do you have to hijack every post about property with your negativity?

Someone has just posted some GOOD NEWS regarding an instance of someone purchasing Turkish Title land and receiving their PTP. We all know about your website and your views, so maybe occasionally you can just let someone post something positive without jumping in with your 'all lawyers are bad lawyers' crap!

G

walkerscott

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

George,

I am sorry if I have hit a nerve. I do not hijack any posts but only enquire so that others can have an overall fairly unbiased picture of the whole saga. My views are mine and personal, the website contains stories, facts, opinions and polls provided by others.

Yes, it is nice to hear some positive news but it is also nice to hear the details of it it all. So, young man, its not always the answers which are the most important but the questions posed. If I, with the help of others, can only help one person from losing their life savings, dignity and health, then I consider any efforts to help, worhtwhile!

What are you doing to help the community?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

StGeorgeI/Msg 3:

Obviously, you haven't been affected by the pre '74 TT scam, fraudulently conceived by the TRNC government of the time and allowed by the present government to perpetuate.

As for 'lawyers' - have you been involved in litigation in TRNC resulting in the loss of half your life savings?

'GOOD NEWS' you term some unsubstantiated second hand report of PTP being granted. What about all the innocent people who bought pre '74 TT in good faith and whose PTP applications were rejected?

Potential buyers have every right to be warned - in fact, it is every decent and moral person's right to warn them, in order to prevent further victims of blatant government condoned fraud.

Bravo, 'walkerscott'! - many potential victims owe you profound thanks!

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 10:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Msg 4:

You haven't hit a nerve with me - I just don't see why, if someone comes on here with something positive, everyone HAS TO turn it into a negative. We all know your views and I'm sure many people appreciate your website and advice, but if something positive happens why not just leave it alone. You all moan about the negatives of the island so much, and the you question anything positive.

And as it goes I do plenty to help the community and I do it in my own way - Northern Cyprus has been my home for many, many years and it will be for many years to come.

Msg 5:

No I haven't been hit by the Pre74 TT 'scam'... but YES I have been involved in taking our first builder to court, a case we won, but by then he was out of business and not in the country - so there is little chance we will EVER get what we are owed. Luckily for us we still had enough in the pot to by another property, but I do realise some other people aren't so lucky.

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

and yes it is GOOD NEWS - why is not? Someone is passing on some a positive experience that has recently happened to someone they know. They are not guaranteeing that people in the same situation will have the same outcome.

G

blade

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Well done you!

You now become a member of the pre 74 Turkish Title owners club, who did get PTP and a kochan.

This shows that Cyprus44 mob rule isn't always right.

MrsSnakes

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

I read message one as their Advocate told them about someone else receiving PTP, not themselves.

Geoff

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Thank you Aianey for that piece of very good news. most appreciated.

Geoff

Famagusta City.

philbailey

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Msg9, so did I

MrsSnakes

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 12:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

Msg 9, whilst visiting 4 different Advocates last year, I heard different pieces of information. Some said the odd PTP may filter through for Pre 74 TT...I think just to give me some hope!! and then followed with do you have a cypriot friend and about a trust company they could put me in touch with. I am so sorry to be so doubtful, but unless it is yourself that has just received the PTP.........

martinD41

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 12:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Unless the government change their policy,it (the good news)....is no more than a grain of salt.....

ajaney

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

I did expect this post to be shot down as are many others. I do understand the cynical reaction. It is not myself who has obtained the PTP but I have no reason to disbelieve my lawyer. I have been trying to buy a property in NC for some time (please no adverse comments on this) and the information I received last October from my lawyers was that at that time no PTP for recent application on pre 74 Turkish title (in which title had already been transferred to a foreign purchaser) had come through. There was no mention of trust etc and as I have already said in my original post they have just had one succeessful application come through. They have no reason to lie to me and quite rightly so have not informed me of who the applicant is. I just thought this might give a glimmer of hope to anyone who is in a similar position.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Why should the government change their policy?Long it may last,if anything.

You all need to work out the meaning of PTP.

walkerscott

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 13:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

ajaney - your sentiments are appreciated and thank you for trying to alleviate some of the worry which others do have.

the second line of yorgozlu's message, msg 15, says it all: "You all need to work out the meaning of PTP"

to those who don't know:

http://no-deeds-no-money.moonfruit.com/#/p-t-p/4544142536

emphasis is on:

No one should enter into any Property Sales Contract other than one stating that it is

"an intent to purchase" subject to Permission To Purchase and unencumbered Deeds being made available, nor should anyone pay any deposits on properties until they have received their Permission to Purchase.

T h i s i s t h e l a w . . .

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

Yorgozlu;

The government should change their policy because it is deceitful - no decent person condones blatant dishonesty, but it has been demonstated that your government does.

Please don't bother to counter the above statement by telling us all that all governments, worldwide, are corrupt - it won't wash!

nostradamus

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Message 15: I, and many others I believe, would be very happy if 'your government' actually had a policy that was put into practice for at least 24 hours on any subject at all!

martinD41

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

msg14 A "Glimmer of Hope" are you for real!!!These people have been blatantly lied to and robbed...and you think a glimmer of hope will do the trick.............Go Away, and join the Salvation Army !!

tarry67

Message Posted:
08/06/2011 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

When you get the new deeds it will not show that it was turkish pre 74 title, it will just read as being trnc title, which becomes difficult if you want to sell it on as you then have to prove to the new owner it is indeed pre 74 as the tapu don't seem to want to release this information anymore for some unknown reason.

The property that I am in is supposed to be turkish pre 74 but having met a previous owner from 10 years ago he has said it was never pre 74 but exchange title when he purchased it and he sold it as being exchange title. Saying that I have never had anyone knock at the door since I have been here....!!

erolz

Message Posted:
08/06/2011 13:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

You can confirm pre 74 title using RoC land registry, as far as their records are accurate. There are those that spread 'scare stories' about the risk in doing this being if you do so and it turns out to not be 'pre 74' title you will be arrested in the ROC and similar rubbish. This is just not the case. Land registry records are public information, you do not have to say why you are asking. Anyone can check the RoC land registry records with no risk in doing so. I personally would take a google earth screen shot of the plot you are interested in marked on it and take that to the RoC land registry if you want to confirm who they think is the land owner.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.