North Cyprus Tourist Board - Girne Western Bypass
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Girne Western Bypass

Girne Western Bypass

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

McSteviet

Message Posted:
25/09/2007 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Has anyone got a map or sketch of exactly where the bypass will go, when completed.

Does anyone on the ground there know the exact status of construction to date. The last I heard, it was stopped to move some Olive trees.

MC

davidoff

Message Posted:
25/09/2007 12:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Hi MCS,

All I know is I read in another forum that the work had stopped for a while due to environmental reasons!!

That they werecutting down trees to build the bypass ans wanted the builders to replant trees to compensate for the ones thay had to cut down!!

So they upped and went back to turkey for a while- but they are supposed to be back now doing the work!!

See ya D

Susie

Message Posted:
26/09/2007 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

There was no-one working on the bypass when we were there two weeks ago. It begins at the Girne-Lefkosa road where the big mosque is (near the roundabout close to Girne)

It currently ends somewhere near the American University

Intersetingly, although it is a four lane tarmac strip with no road markings or lighting, until recently some vehicles were using it (at considerable speeds) until two piles of spoil were 'dumped' on it to stop peopke using it!!

Marvo

Message Posted:
26/09/2007 17:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Hi,

If you check google earth you can clearly see the location, not a finished road when the picture was taken but the ground had been cleared for it.

alanka

Message Posted:
27/09/2007 00:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

I was told when there that they are not able to connect because it means some villages will lose their electrcity and water supples for possibly up to 3 days, nobody had thought about this.... we have driven the route, had to go off, and rejoin, oh probably less than a quarter of a mile later.

But, it is going to take ages to arrange the emergency supplies, and the developers thought it was all in place.... they are not happy....but isen't that what you love and expect here?? I am not being sarcastic.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.