North Cyprus Tourist Board - Mine Konat, Solicitor par excellence
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Mine Konat, Solicitor par excellence

Mine Konat, Solicitor par excellence

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

ivebinad

Message Posted:
08/06/2011 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Anyone needing a solicitor, look no further than Mine Konat, she is the very best, and a truly lovely woman as well.

I can highly recommend her.

Ralph96

Message Posted:
08/06/2011 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Please tell me why is she so good.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
08/06/2011 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Strange how different people have totally different perceptions. Mine Konat was the seller's advocate when I bought my house and she drove my advocate absolutlely crazy - he swore he would never deal with her again. My advocate was great - but I can't recommend him because he is a judge now so no longer practising.

Further, Mine is advocate for 2 of my neighbours and they are the only 2 still without a kocan. They both tell the same tale - it takes 20 visits/ telephone calls to get anything done.

ivebinad

Message Posted:
08/06/2011 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Well I cannot fault her, she always answers emails immediately, she is thorough and when I read of some of the horror stories on here regarding solicitors then I think myself lucky to have found some one who is honest, who has integrity and is genuinely very very good at her work.

professoregit

Message Posted:
08/06/2011 14:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

IMO Mine Konat is really a glorified conveyancing agent, making big bucks doing what back office staff usually do in most solicitor firms. I used her to write up a contract with my initial builder, which was a standard proforma type, I then added to this specific build requirements and milestones. For this she charged 500 Stg. As my initial builder's mother was in fact a High Court Judge, I quizzed her on possible conflict of interest to which she there was none. Anyhow without going into details, builder broke the contact, running off with a partial stage payment and Ms Konat dragged her feet on litigation even though she wrote the contract. After several months of going nowhere, she finally advised me that it would be best if I employed another solicitor as she was too busy!!! I won't repeat what I said, but leave it to your imagination. So, expensive conveyancing agent without teeth if the going gets tough. Be warned!

birdman

Message Posted:
08/06/2011 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Message 5 professoergit

I concur. Very expensive for printing out a standard building contract, for you to sign, already on her computer. (With blank spaces to be filled in by each new contractor.)

Then again, they are all up to it and as it's a legal requirement, we MUST pay.

At least I knew she was working for me as my builder did not like her !!!! LOL

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
08/06/2011 16:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

We had no problems at all with her. We bought too much land in 2000 and the Advokate we used then did not know this and it left us in a mess. She found a way and sorted it and even though it took us till 2009 to actually get our Kocan ( because the law changed then about owning more than one donum) she looked after us and never charged any more money. she said it was all part of the original deal.

Really nice lady!!

I think, charging a lot of money for something menial is the Turkish/Cypriot way of saying no. They can never do that, can they.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.