North Cyprus Tourist Board - Today's Extra Deal: Ali Campbell's UB40
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Today's Extra Deal: Ali Campbell's UB40

Today's Extra Deal: Ali Campbell's UB40

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

firsatkibris

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Today's Deal: Concert Ticket for Ali Campbell's UB40, at Escape Beach Club on 16th July, For only 40TL! The Original Price is 80TL, Save 50% by Fırsat Kıbrıs Discount!(Limited Number of Tickets)

Check this deal: http://www.firsatkibris.com/en/firsat-detay-234-concert-ticket-for-ali-campbells-ub40-at-escape-beach-club-on-16th-july-for-only-40tl-the-original-price-is-80tl-save-50-by-firsat-kibris-discou

fatboy

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

This is misrepresentation,Ali Campbell is no longer front man for UB40 He is solo.

tokar

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Dear Fatboy,

Do you prefer to listen ‘One in Ten’ ‘Red Red Wine’, ‘Don’t Break My Heart’ and ‘Can’t Help Falling In Love’ from Ali Campbell's Ali’s infectious vocals or from other new voices?

A whole generation has grown up listening this music from Ali Campbell and I think this generation will prefer to listen his vocal again, not some other voices. it doesn't matter much who plays the guitar, but it matters who sings the songs..

firsatkibris

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Ali Campbell’s Official website on MySpace shows the date of concert as 16 July 2011, Kyrenia.

As brief information; In January 2008, Ali Campbell announced his departure from UB40. Following Ali’s departure, Mickey Virtue, the keyboard player from UB40, also resigned for the same reasons and is part of Ali’s new band.

Over the last 18 months, Ali and the band have toured across the world in countries ranging from Australia to Europe and Africa to the UK.

Ali Campbell is currently touring with his new band and continues, to thrill audiences worldwide, performing the classic hits, he is so well known for, like Red Red Wine and Kingston Town, together with some new songs from his latest solo albums.

So this is Ali Campbell left from UB40 but as you know the important thing is voice and singing style. Ali Campbell succeeded to be one as a singer for years. It is no longer important that the musicians are the members of UB40 or not.

You can easily check out what we mean by Ali

fatboy

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Just an observation,personally I can't be doing with either,we shall leave it at that before i get a battering.

rowlo

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

its not UB40 . its ali campbell ,

TouristTed

Message Posted:
10/06/2011 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Hi N Cyprus friends!

Just a quick note from across the seas in UK.

As a big fan of UB40, and from experience of seeing this show, I can tell you that it does make a massive difference having the real band of UB40 behind a singer! UB40 were and are still a tight tight band, not a singer with a backing band, which is evident if you watch or listen to them live. In fact, the guy who took over from Ali when he left UB40 is his other brother, so they still have two campbell brothers on the microphone= Same blend of beautiful sweet reggae! I guess you guys arent as lucky as us to have many bands passing through, so Im sure if you go you will have a good time. BUT did you know that the genuine UB40 are coming to Northern Cyprus on 20th August in Kyrenia at Kyrenia Municipality? Its on their Official Facebook page. Now thats a show I wouldnt miss! Have a nice day!

negativenick

Message Posted:
10/06/2011 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

mess 7 - would have to disagree with you..........

I got dragged to Manchester MEN Arena a few years ago to see them and i thought they were pretty dam average.......

i for one won't be going to see them again..........

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.