North Cyprus Tourist Board - hotel in north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > hotel in north cyprus

hotel in north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

johny

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

hi all.does anyone know of the lapethos hotel in north cyprus.

i have heard that this hotel is employing workers,then after a long time of no wages,they eventually leave.

then they employ new workers and this starts all over again.

if anyone knows anything about this i would be grateful if you could let me know.

jacko

Message Posted:
18/06/2011 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Johny

my daughter used to live there but after nearly 3 months of no pay she left with no money in her pocket to pay her rent or to buy food until she found another job. She chased her oney up daily but they either hid from her or made excuses. She finally received a cheque off them a few weeks ago which cannot be cashed until end of August. She did go to see if she could cash it in Girne at one of the exchanges but they wouldnt as they have 9 cheques still already they are waiting to recieve money off.

This is not the first time this has happened to her it seems employers in cyprus can get away with anything and no one can help, it is a scam to get cheap labour and hoping that the person who leaves the establishent gives up chasing for their money owed which i know many any people do. Dont get me wrong i am sure there are companies out there who pay there workers regular each month.

Your message on the board needs to be highlighted and help to protect other persons seeking

jacko

Message Posted:
18/06/2011 13:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

maybe someone on the foru can suggest way a person can be guaranteed payment. Obviously from your brief comment you have experienced something similar happening to you.

jacko

Message Posted:
18/06/2011 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

my daughter used to live there ;

oops

sorry meant to say work there plus my keyboard is playing up to.

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
18/06/2011 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Disgusting to treat people in this fashion. Typical that there is no redress, but that is why workers belong to Unions, they are there to protect workers from unscrupulous employers.

Hope your daughter's cheque clears, but if it does not then the issuer will be in serious trouble, bouncing a cheque here is one of their biggest crimes! Hope they are brought to book!

jacko

Message Posted:
18/06/2011 17:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Suehowlittle i do hope that you are correct about the cheque, that the money will be available for her to collect out of her bank end of August.

We all watch the news about cheap labour in countries like India, pakistan etc and there is a huge outcry but here in cyprus, employers get away with it. it makes me so angry when tourists go to these places thinking what great service they get fro the staff not realising that most of them in certain establishments and i am not talking about just small businesses but big hotels in cyprus do not get paid, when will all this stop,?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.