North Cyprus Tourist Board - Electricity Prices ok ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Electricity Prices ok ?

Electricity Prices ok ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

High Priest

Message Posted:
26/10/2008 10:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Hi ,

We've just come back to UK having spent 3 weeks in our new apartment . We received our first electricity bill with trepidation after reading all the reports of inflated charges etc . However we were pleased to find that 103 units had been used at a cost of 67 ytl . We didn,t live in the dark during our stay , used the washing machine / dishwasher many times , stereo , fridge freezer etc. + used the electricity as we do at home in the UK . We only used the aircon a couple of times though .

We were pleasantly surprised by a bill for once , so long may this continue .

Water was a bit of a joke , we had 2 bills whilst we were in Cyprus both for 1.5 ytl , again no skimping , showers everyday , dishwasher / washer etc .

There,s alot of doom + gloom at the moment , so lets share some of the good stuff . Here,s to our next visit .

HP .

simbas

Message Posted:
26/10/2008 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

hi high priest , very positive posting , hope you had a good time

regards , simbas

Groucho

Message Posted:
26/10/2008 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Lynn

Builder's electric (which is expensive) aside, I think a lot of people don't give enough thought to the efficient use of electricity. I see villas with lights on all over the house (inside and out) , air-con running with the windows open... pool running 12 hours a day... immersion heater being used when the solar panels should be providing plenty of hot water...

If they are worried about bills why would they do this?

Answer, I don't know!

It seems some people are not happy unless they are moaning... I know some people say this is typically British but I think it's a wider spread personality flaw. It just that most of the people ex-pats associate with are Brits...

Whenever I hear somebody moaning about the price of electricity I try to delve a little deeper and find out why their bill is so high...

I usually find it's because they are being daft.

scampy

Message Posted:
26/10/2008 14:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Lynn

I also got my bill too and for 2 months it was 410 lira, not bad with 2 teenagers in the place

Susie x

NoNowt

Message Posted:
26/10/2008 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Priest - We, 2 adults + 2 kids + 1 guest, occupied our villa for the whole of August with all those things you used plus a few other little things. The bill up to the 26th August was 704 ytl (c.£315 at the time). We thought it was a lot even though we used the air conditioning only for 2-3 hours in 3 bedrooms each night.

I think it became a big issue for us because previously, we were forced to be on builders rates over a year by telling us that they had no meters. Who provides the meters - they do. Who couldn't provide them - they couldn't. Who paid ridicoulous charges - WE did. Complete scam is how to appeared to me.

sweep

Message Posted:
28/10/2008 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

hi all

once you have had the meter installed do you get a standard charge each month straight away or only from once you start using apt.

also how do you recieve / pay your monthly/quarter bill from kiptec.

thanks sweep.

Barrovian1

Message Posted:
28/10/2008 04:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Sweep

We have an apartment on TBV at Esentepe. The meter is read on about the 2nd or 3rd of the month, and then the bill appears a day or 2 later by by the meter.

We pay ours by going into Kyrenia, into the Electricity office, and paying a top up each time we are over.

Bob.

sweep

Message Posted:
28/10/2008 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

surley there must be a better way of paying how do all those people pay who do not live there like me how often do you pay as you say when you are over there you pay and top up do you have to pay each time you recieve a bill or store them up and pay a big lump in one go.

thanks for info

sylvie

Message Posted:
28/10/2008 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

we do not live permanently there - we have an individual electric meter - we open a bank account in irne - put some money an told them to pa the electric bill every month -

the 15TH of each month they check the meter and the bill is paid around the the 22nd of the following month - and it goes on like that every month -when we are not there it is only a few YTL

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.