North Cyprus Tourist Board - eating out in bogaz/iskele area
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > eating out in bogaz/iskele area

eating out in bogaz/iskele area

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

arcadian73

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

hi all,

can anyone recomend anywhere decent to eat in this area any cuisine we are not fussy.

thanks jim

Ballyboffin

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

The Kiyi restaurant opposite the Exotic Hotel in Bogaz is superb and right on the sea-front. The menu is extensive and service great, well priced as well. They offer complimentary starters and a basket of toast and garlic butter.

ClareW

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

I agree re Kiyi - very good choices and consistently good food. Nice to eat next to the sea now too. Hilltop Restaurant at Hilltop (Safakoy) site is also good and sometimes have entertainment on too.

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Re: Msg 1&2,

Yes, Kiyi is OK. I wouldn't call it superb, but you definitely can have a decent meal there and the location is its strong point. Never have had a complimentary starter there though, always have paid for one.

Ex- 'Moon over the Water' used to be good; unfortunately I have never revisited the place after its closure, so cannot say anything.

JohnDownes

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

I think I remember Busy Bees cafe being a decent sort of place. More cafe than restaurant but a decent Sunday lunch. It's a couple of miles further North East along the coast road from the Moon over the Water.

yenibob

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 16:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Message 5, Bumbles is closed.

smooth

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 17:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Depends what you fancy. Kemel in Yeri at the harbour is very good, fish and normal Turkish Meze starters. Kiyi is also good nice steaks as well as Fish, also Nese rstnt opposite Lemar. Good food and right by the sea. In Iskele there is a Cypriot Restaurant called Yar Yars. 50TL for food and drinks included. It is more like a Greek Meze with hot and cold Meze dishes delivered to your table until you have to tell them to stop! Hilltop is good and value for money. You could always have a bacon butty at the Buffe Bar at the harbour Very tasty, cheap and fabulous views. Seems like the ex moon over the water, now called Deks Moon Light may be opening up, if so again good food but make sure you book.

arcadian73

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

thanks everyone Kiyi sounds good will give it a go when we are over in august.will be staying at Hilltop so looks like we got a bonus with the restaurant. all the best jim

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.