North Cyprus Tourist Board - giving birth in trnc
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > giving birth in trnc

giving birth in trnc

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

maddie2608

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 01:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

hi i am coming over to trnc i a week with my partener and daughter i am 32 weeks pregnent and there is a good chance i will be giving birth there, i just wondered what would be best the best way to do this, would it be going to a hospital in north or southern cyprus and what are the costs in trnc and in southern with the ehic card

thankyou maddiexxx

philbailey

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 01:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

surely one week away

is a bit late to be asking ?

Are you hoping for dual-nationality for the child

surely better to have the baby in the uk

have you checked out healthcare in cyprus?

maddie2608

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 01:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

we are coming to live with my parteners mum and dad and we want a better life for our kids because its rubbish ere. i have spoke to few mothers on ere and they seem to say its pretty good i just wondered what the prices of health care

were and which side would be best

philbailey

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 02:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Is your partner Cypriot ?

maddie2608

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 02:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

no english

negativenick

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 03:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

so whats your 12 yr old (and your other child, when born) going to do for jobs when they leave school ?

and who's going to pay for their education ? - is almost impossible to work legally here...........

surely you ain't going to send your 12 yr old to a tnc state school ?

honestly - words fail me.............

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 03:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

I don't see any mention of the other child being 12 years old? The Greek side - being EU, one would think, there would be no costs, but if your partner is Turkish Cypriot, surely his family would already have given you the information you need? This HAS to be a wind up - NO mother so close to giving birth, would have such a lackadaisical attitude to her labour and after care - surely........

I am astonished that any woman wouldn't have sorted out where she is going to give birth, have established a relationship with that hospital, or, indeed, if there is family here and they aren't fully involved (in your absence) in arranging what you need for your arrival - such a lack of communication with them, doesn't bode well for you all living here.......

nurseawful

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 06:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Maddie,

I am somewhat confused here, on the 11/06 on a thread you started you said 30 weeks pregnant now 2 days later you are 32 weeks! Which is it?

Chris

nostradamus

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 07:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

You certainly won't get free treatment in South Cyprus with an EHIC card. These cards are for situations like holidaymakers who fall ill or suffer accidents whilst on holiday. I don't think pregnancy is likely to fall into other of those categories! You would be far better to stay in the UK until you've had your child as it is likely to cost you quite a bit here - somebody else can no doubt advise on costs.

proger1

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 08:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

maddie, I am sorry about some of the answers above, if you are a genuine poster I am sure you are hoping for answers instead of accusations and if you are not genuine I don't see what harm there can be with answering such a simple quaetion.

Anyway, I am afraid I have no idea about the South but my son was born in Kyrenia 18 months ago and have to say that the hospital my wife chose was fantastic and she has had no problems and still uses it for everything since. If you are interested in more information contact me on admin@biznizguide.com. I won't post details on here as you can see from some of the above posts that the fangs are out with some people who might not agree with your decisions.

Chris, I could be making an incorrect assumption but I think she meant she would be 32 weeks when they arrive next week, any later and they probably wouldn't be allowed to fly.

Anyway, if I am making a mistake, more fool me.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 09:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Paul if you look at maddie's past posts on the 11/02 she was 16 weeks. By my calculations that makes her 33+ weeks! And probably should not be flying! Surely her midwife in the UK has advised her of this!

Chris

proger1

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

I didn't see that Chris but then as I said, if they are genuine then it is easy to help, if not then I can't see what harm can come of comparing North and South hospitals. If they write to me I will try and assist with the minimal amount I do know and if not, I won't.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

msg 11. I worked that out too and did think was this a genuine post, the only enquiries made are about having the baby nothing else about living there.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

maddie. You say your Mum & Dad live there and you are moving to live with your partners Mum & Dad have none of them made any enquiries and arrangements for you in case you have the baby early?

girne

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Giving birth here is as the same as back in the uk as so0n as you arrive go and see DR Meyrem in Girne located near the courts and she will help you. She was my doctor when i gave birth here 5 years ago and haveing 2 children already which where born in the uk its no different its actualy a lot cleaner and you get a room to your self you will of course have to go private. Once born take the bith cert to the British Embassy ands the new adition will be entilted for a british passport.

As for Negativenick there is a lot of things kids can grow up and be and earn in the income from in the TRNC better than being back in the uk on the dole time watching constantly ........... If a kid knows what he/she wants to do after school thats the main issue.

maddie2608

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

hi everyone i would like to clarify that i am 33 weeks pregnant on the 17/06/2011 , my partener as been using my forum to post on and a think as got a little confused with how far along i am lol! we are moving next week and we have got family out there ! the reason for not writing about anything other than hospitals is because we have all the other info on apartments schools etc! my daughter is only 2 years and 9 m onths old, so i dont understand where the 12 year old as come from!

i think the negativity on this forum is not very nice and extremly rude but i suppose each to there own opinion, thanks to girne and proger1 your info is really helpful.

but thanks to everyone but probs wont post on here again you all scared me lol

xx

tyalgin

Message Posted:
17/06/2011 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

If everything goes well (i.e. pregnancy without any complications) (and I wish it does) giving birth in the TRNC should be fine.

However, due to many horror stories I have both heard and personally experienced here, I am highly apprehensive of the whole NC medical industry.

Aretaion hospital in the South is a very nice hospital with highly qualified doctors. This is a private hospital and if I remember correctly, cost of giving birth is around 2500EUR (including 1-2 nights stay + operation).

I can recommend Dr. Marina Demetriou in that hospital. She is amazing.

For details: http://www.aretaeio.com

Good Luck!

chriswife

Message Posted:
18/06/2011 01:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

re mess 16 good luck with everything.There ARE some lovely members here don't be put off you had same as me.

Natty

Message Posted:
18/06/2011 06:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Maddie, I had a baby here in the TRNC 2 years ago and cannot praise the medical reatment I received enough. My Doctor was Dr Meryem whom I can highly recommend. I would be happy to give you more details and costs. Please email me on haighsincyprus@gmail.com

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.