North Cyprus Tourist Board - filters fitted to balance tank pipes and ground tanks
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > filters fitted to balance tank pipes and ground tanks

filters fitted to balance tank pipes and ground tanks

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

I have had these fitted and the difference that they make to the debris in your pump basket and your water tanks on the roof is fantastic.

it also saves time and money as the nrv on the roof tanks dont fail or get blocked so often

mr pipe has these in and fitted mine

flightholiday

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 13:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

John Msg 1 - I have been going on about this type of thing for about 5+ years - people see it as an extra expense. I am glad that you have fitted some prevention rather than going for the usually more expensive cures.

We advocate both filtration and simple water softening systems (electronic or filter based) as they can save long term costs on replacements of anything from pump parts through water heating elements to even just the cost of heating that water in your kettle.

see http://www.softcleanwater.co.uk

deputydawg

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 13:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

I have been pre-filtering my balance tank and hence filter for 7 years by way of a a penny piece of chicken wire plugged into the plug hole of the pool gulley. As a makeshift this has worked well but needs constant alertness in case of weather with strong winds when leaves can very quickly block the water flow. Anything which does not stress the sand filter and associated parts must be good news, so thanks for the "tip" Cyprusairsoft.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 14:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Brian Msg 3 - a simple sensible cure to an obvious problem - I like it rather, like a ball of wire netting in your gutter just above the down pipe for rainwater off the roof

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Changing the balance tank non-return valve to the Waterco cat-flap type, will ensure you never get a jammed nrv again.

http://www.waterco.com.au/CMS/default.asp?Totalproducts=2&Area=General+Pool+Equipment&productname=2&productvalue=41&id=41&status=stage8&cmsnumber=1&page_id=43

These valves are now available in TRNC.

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

nice one vaughan things dont always have to be expensive to work well

i couldnt believe the dirt in a filtration system after a month of running

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.