North Cyprus Tourist Board - Anyone having problems with DIGITURK TV reception?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Anyone having problems with DIGITURK TV reception?

Anyone having problems with DIGITURK TV reception?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

pammick

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

We have been with 'DIGITURK' for 5 years now and have never had a problem with them until 2 weeks ago. We lost quite a few channels, which also included the ones we mainly watched. i.e. BBC world news - Euronews - BBC Entertainment etc. We had the engineer out 4 times and he changed the box (two new one's) - the roof dish receiver - the cable - tested our card and all to no avail. He was tatally lost as to what the problem could be. At the office they then told me that there were problems with BBC programmes and it would be sorted out. That was a week ago.

Has anyone else had problems with their 'DIGITURK' channels? Would appreciate any info if you are having problems, so that I can go down to the office with more information in armoury to tackle them about it.

Many Thanks,

MIKE

juliamoons

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Same here all the news channels and bbc entertainment.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

We have lost 3 film channels, and down to 122 channels from 142 in less than 2 weeks!

Chris

pammick

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Julia and Nurseawful, thanks for that info. I am going down to the office tomorrow to see if it can be resolved as to what the problem is with the BBC channels. They don't seem to be doing anything about it. I have to say, some people are receiving all their channels, including all the BBC one's. Why some should be receiving the BBC and others are not is a mystery to me. I just wonder if their is a problem with the 'cards'!!

Many thanks.

Would appreciate more info from other 'DIGITURK' users.

MIKE

ClaireCat44

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

I have had no problems with any channels on either of my boxes. I've had Digiturk for 9 years now, and never had a problem!

juliamoons

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 13:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Maybe it depends where you live and at what satellite station you are pointing at. I live in Karsiyaka and BBC Ent and all news channels been bad for ages. Most other english language channels are okay, including films.

pammick

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Julia, we have been with DIGITURK for 5 years now and never had a problem. Then 2 weeks ago we watched the BBC News and then went out shopping. All channels were OK. 4 hours later everything had stopped, and it seemed for no reason. I don't think (in our case anyway) that it was to do with were we live or which satelite our dish was pointing at because it was working perfecly before we went out that day.

The frustrating thing is that the engineers don't know what is wrong and what to do about it and, more importantly, don't seem to be doinb anything about it.

I have heard today from a friend who's Digiturk is working perfectly, yet his neighbour, just next door is having the same problems as you and I. That can't be a problem with the area signal surely.

MIKE.

Inkman

Message Posted:
13/06/2011 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

This last week I've had no end of problems with nearly all channels being broken up or interrupted with a break in signal. Funny as prior to that it was faultless since getting it in Feb this year.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.