North Cyprus Tourist Board - Qigong (Chi Kung) Workshop in Girne- This Sunday, 2nd November
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Qigong (Chi Kung) Workshop in Girne- This Sunday, 2nd November

Qigong (Chi Kung) Workshop in Girne- This Sunday, 2nd November

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

tarik

Message Posted:
27/10/2008 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Dear Members,

I will give an introductory qigong workshop on Sunday, 2nd of November 2008 between 10:00-13:00 in Girne. The participants of this workshop will learn how to practise the qigong form called “Standing Like a Tree” on their own and also be ready to attend the weekly classes if they wish so. At the moment the weekly classes are held only in Lefkosa, but I plan to open a new class (an hour a week) in Girne after this workshop for the participants who would like to improve their practise.

The fee for the training will be 50 YTL and you can get the other details from http://www.qigongcyprus.com

Booking should be done through tariktekman@gmail.com or 0533 841 8000

Looking forward to seeing some of you there

Tarik

Groucho

Message Posted:
27/10/2008 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

'practise the qigong form called “Standing Like a Tree” on their own'

Mate if I stand like a tree on my own, I still look like a forest...

You are opening a new branch?

In case you haven't twigged I'm only joking...

It sounds like fun... but what is it supposed to do? I looked at the site but it does not give any warnings about suitability if for instance you have a pre-existing medical condition...I'm sure it's all good stuff...

I also think you need to state what the costs per one-hour session are...

tarik

Message Posted:
29/10/2008 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Hi Groucho

Practising qigong improves your health and strength.

It can be practised by almost anyone. If you can just stand still and breath at the same time, then you can do it.

If you have a serious medical condition or if you can not stand-up, then you can practise it while sitting.

If you can not sit down, then you can practise it while lying in bed.

Qigong is a very flexible practise because it just teaches you the most basic things like how to stand, how to breath, how to move, how to improve your energy levels etc.

Millions of Chinese practise it every day and they use it in hospitals for the treatment of many different conditions. Its benefits are so fundamental that qigong is practised by the sick, healthy, priest, martial artist, layman, old and young.

One hour class in Lefkosa is 15 YTL and the Girne class will also be something like 15-20 ytl depending on how many people are attending, where we practice it etc.

jock1

Message Posted:
29/10/2008 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Groucho, i think tou were barking up the wrong tree, so leaf it out..........

Groucho

Message Posted:
29/10/2008 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

I'm thinking of putting in a trunk call to get to the root of the problem.... Last time I looked at a cross section I counted 200 rings so I'm too old to take part and I have a pre-exisitng osmosis problem... need some good manure around the base...

I'm also suffreing from mildew, aphids and scab... but that's my fault....

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.