North Cyprus Tourist Board - 60,000 Americans sterilised during eugenics movement
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > 60,000 Americans sterilised during eugenics movement

60,000 Americans sterilised during eugenics movement

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

Groucho

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 10:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Interested to here your views on this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13700490

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

msge 1

Which aspect of this do you want to explore Groucho?

AnthonySmith

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

It is old news, but if only they'd have stopped a certain George Bush from reproducing.

Jonesy299

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Agree with Message 2 - is there a particular area you wish to debate / is there a link with life in the TRNC that I'm missing? Or is it just a random news item (albeit a heart rending one) that, once you've read it there is no conceivable gain to be had discussing it at length on a Cyprus resident / businessman / villa owner website.....

Groucho

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

It was a World issue and a disturbing reminder of how 'civilised' the western world has behaved in the past. I thought some might have views on how supposedly civilised countries felt it right to practice eugenics...

I don't know if enforced sterilisation of the 'feeble' is practised elsewhere in the world and was looking for answers.

Jonesy your view of this board is very parochial, you will find many subject discussed here. If you don't want to take part, don't.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

groucho

I guess Eugenics was a misrepresentation of both Darwins work and the bible, plus limited human consciousness. Don't think eugenics is practiced any more in the western world. Human dignity is a Western cultural value which has developed and grown over the last 30 years. Lots of people seek to protect this value, however with Global population increasing and scarce resources dwindling, I would not be surprised if some groups have a plan to limit numbers. I wonder if the bilderberg group have ever discussed this subject.

We can be sure that in some countries the weak are bullied but not necessarily sterilised. China obviously had a one child policy and I know many young girls are purposefully neglected to die in India.

Parts of the world still believe in spirits, and make human sacrifices of the weak. Recently some Africans sacrificed one of their own to appease the gods when their ship seemed to be sinking.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

@ msg 1, Groucho: (...) Interested to here your views on this... (...)

▶ If I read "to here" I'm not interested to hear the views.

Jonesy299

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Groucho - I'm not knocking having a sensible discussion or asking for views on important topics (there are many interesting debates on world events on this forum) ... but it has to have some relevance or resonance with your audience (i.e. forum members) or you may just as well ask for views on cold fusion or whether kangeroo numbers are dwindling in Australia.

You wanted to know if this was practiced elsewhere in the world and wanted an answer (Message 5) - this is not debate or discussion.. this is a request for information (you could 'google' it maybe?).

However, you will have proved your point (and I will buy you a pint) if the subject of US eugenics in the 1970s becomes a hot topic on the site - ilovecyprus has shown an interest so maybe this will trigger more debate.....

Groucho

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Dutch,

A typical response... no info just a ticking-off for a typo... Hey ho :(

Jonesy,

I don't know whether this sort of activity goes on here (sic Dutch). It certainly did in the UK! I was hoping that one of our TC members could enlighten us. It would not necessarily be mentioned on the internet, contrary to popular belief not everything is.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 19:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

@ msg 9, Groucho: (...) A typical response... no info just a ticking-off for a typo... Hey ho (...)

▶ "Typo"..?! Yeah, hey ho. Reread your posts when > I < wrote something.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 20:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

I believe this forum was designed to aid and assist people in holidaying in NC. It still serves this purpose, however cyprus 44 has created a community. Yes some people are passing through, but the community members are either people who live in the UK or reside in Cyprus. Both these groups want to know what is going on in cyprus. I think it is best to think of cyprus44 as the local pub.

Some people on cyprus44 want to what they do in a pub. Some want to:

*gossip

*to have a laugh

*to get stuff of their chest

*to rant

*be clever

*to get in to a fight

*to sell their goods and services

*to know what is happening in the community

*to know what local events are taking place

and some want to engage in political or philosophical debate.

I think it is okay to debate, knowing full well that like any pub there are likely to be no experts in the room, so we all take what we say with a pinch of salt.

As far as I am concerned anything goes on cypruss44 (within reason)

Urgent

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

A friend of mine was sterilized willingly after 3 babies for 3 years. Then he met the woman of his dreams, and spent a host of money for the restoration of genital function. But nothing happened. They have 10 years of living in a childless marriage.

But against their will? In USA? sounds horrible.

Roomy

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Msg 11

You must be having a laugh, while having my wrists slapped for swearing on this open forum I was called, amongst other things, "a puerile prat" and a "pr!ck". The double standard here knows no bounds.The good thing is I happen to know that one of them is a fat baldy old man suffering from penis envy, the others sexuality is ambiguous to say the least.Hahahahahaha...

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

msge 13

yaba daba doo

Groucho

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 07:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Dutch, you make a good argument for the sterilisation of the feeble...

deputydawg

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

"To debate whether Kangaroo numbers are diminishing in Australia" ? I think we should as it is reported that at least 15% of Australians are eating these outsized grasshoppers. In truth I could not give a rat's arse but if we keep this going Groucho may get a free pint !

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.