North Cyprus Tourist Board - LNB spec for new OSN HD Satellite TV channels?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > LNB spec for new OSN HD Satellite TV channels?

LNB spec for new OSN HD Satellite TV channels?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

jimchris09

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 27 in Discussion

Previously on my visits to TRNC I have been able to use my Showtime box and card with my existing dish and LNB. However in April I brought my new Orbit Showtime Network HD box and connected it up...but got nothing.

I think I need a different kind of LNB which has two output cables to feed to the box.

Any ideas on this?

AnthonySmith

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 27 in Discussion

Enter Washerman. It's his pet subject, but please, Paul, let's keep to topic and answer this chap's question rather than get into verbal fisticuffs with other members.

Washerman

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 27 in Discussion

Jimchris09...........Yes it is a special LNB

jimchris09

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 27 in Discussion

How special?

Would an "Arisat At2 universal twin LNB with 0.5 db high gain" do the trick?

Washerman

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 21:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 27 in Discussion

No, I doubt it.

We provide 7 day customer service to our customers (free), but we are a business and so, we have to charge non-customers for our knowledge, expertise, assistance, support etc. - happy to help though, we can call out and get the problem sorted out for you 'quick' - telephone 0533 869 4372

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/06/2011 23:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 27 in Discussion

Dear Jim

I'm sorry I've just seen this.. I've been out most of today

I'm not sure WHAT would be special about the LNB you need - unless that is speak for "I can charge you more" :(

The cost of the LNB you need is about 25-30 GBP on UK Sat retail sites - incl delivery

I'll email you off board...

Washerman

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 27 in Discussion

£25 - £30, blimey, I can sort it out tomorrow for you for less than that - those are "Rip Off" prices AND watch out when mmmmmm gives out his 'free' advice. Look what happened to someone else that followed one of his 'many' free recommendations - http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/65173.asp

AND when it all went wrong, guess what, mmmmmm didn't want to know !

0maintenance

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 00:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 27 in Discussion

I remember that thread,was such a pity for paul,paid all that money and on 6ms advise he got next to nothing for his money.

Not even as much as a sorry mate of 6ms :(

Very sad indeed.

girnegeeza

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 01:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 27 in Discussion

Omaintanance.

When advice is given for free, the recipient af that advice has a choice to take it or not, if it all works out OK then great, one has a result, if it all goes wrong then that is the risk you take.

If you want someone to be answerable then employ the services of an expert, then you can hold them responsible for the outcome good or bad.

jimchris09

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 04:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 27 in Discussion

Thanks Paul I'll bear that in mind.

However, in the meantime could you possibly tell me what type of LNB I need so I could check out availability/price here in Oman and bring with me for fitting?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 09:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 27 in Discussion

OH Dear, I couldn't 'resist a peek here :(

@ Jim ! check out the price for Inverto twin Black Ultras - for off-set dishes - they are sensitive and 'special' ... Do not buy one for a prime focus ( C120)

It is best to use a good sat meter to peak the signal on weaker transponders - as fitting the best LNB is negated by not optimising it ...good luck

re msg 7, Washerman

>>£25 - £30, blimey, I can sort it out tomorrow for you for less than that - those are "Rip Off" prices<<

Washerman.. pls do a search for Inverto twin lnb

Here's an example of a Premium - the model 'down' from the Ultra...

http://www.pulsat.com/products/Inverto-Black-Premium-0.2dB-Twin-Output-LNB.html ..

Oh, look at the price.. ( 25 GBP)

When it comes to LNBs I'd only fit the best quality... hence the LNB *I* recommend..THAT truly IS special.

re the thread you 'quote' ..I see you are still repeating fibs thinking if repeated enough, it will constitute the 'truth' ... :(

0maintenance

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 09:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 27 in Discussion

message 9 girnegeeza.

Your 100% correct,you take the advice of MM and roll the dice or spin the wheel

Thats why i went to a professional outfit and found washerman who supplied me my full TV package,great customer service and always there if and when you need them.

Jimchris09

Id be very careful taking the advise of 6ms,please read the link in post 7,1 poor chap was left high n dry after foolishly listening to what he thought was fair good advise,ehhhh orrrrr,it turned out to be poor advise.

Do as 6ms is telling you,buy what he is telling you to buy,but i have the same system your talking about,and personally i think he is barking up the wrong tree,IMHO

Take care jimchris09. i hope your system works when you arrive.

jimchris09

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 27 in Discussion

Message 12

I'm sure Wman has supplied you with a full TV package etc etc...but all I want is and LNB that'll work with my HD box.

So far he hasn't been as forthcoming with specific advice and pricing as 6ms has.

Maybe I'll telephone him from here in Oman and find out what I need...

Washerman

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 27 in Discussion

Jimchris09........the best thing to do is as 0maintenance has suggested and follow mmmmmm's recommendations.

If you need me, I am here, but I don't give out free advice to non-customers.

I carry everything that is needed in stock and I have offered to sort your problem out for you. I can't do any more than that, sorry.

Paul - 0533 869 4372

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/06/2011 08:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 27 in Discussion

re msg 12

'0clue'

>>Id be very careful taking the advise of 6ms,please read the link in post 7,1 poor chap was left high n dry after foolishly listening to what he thought was fair good advise,ehhhh orrrrr,it turned out to be poor advise. <<

The 'poor' chap took my advice and saved a fortune - he paid the RETAIL price locally - as have otters.

IF Jim reads the thread he'll note that the'poor chap' DID have a problem back in CY but he chose not ask adviCe as to what that prob might be....

Now 'apparently', I have some sort of 'hidden agenda' by giving adviCe for nought ;)

proger1

Message Posted:
16/06/2011 09:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 27 in Discussion

The chap will now add his input if nobody minds.

I would advise going with somebody who can assist you after the problems occur because as much as Mark did help me with advice he can only assume what went wrong and again advise how to fix it. A local supplier can actually come round and do something.

The only reason things were much cheaper is because I happened to be in a country that I could get it for at a much cheaper price. Marks advice is sound up to a point but in the most honest terms I can put things is this.

If I chose to do it again, I would have gone local supplier, at the end of the day, whichever way you decide to go it is a grey market supply.

I know I will get a mail from you making statements about how you will be proved to be right in the end Mark but I am afraid, whether a customer of yours or just someone who took advice, I am not happy with the end result.

Amanda and Paul might be laboring on my case a bit to much but they are accurate.

0maintenance

Message Posted:
16/06/2011 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 27 in Discussion

Hi erolz. last night when you posted my name and address,did you do it by mistake and it should of this address.

Part of post deleted , posting personal details about another member is not on

Simbas

0maintenance

Message Posted:
16/06/2011 09:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 27 in Discussion

When your friend that greek guy erolz posted david name and address,i was clueless as to why he posted it,but im 100% he posted the wrong address for david,and should of posted the above address.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/06/2011 09:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 27 in Discussion

Hi Prodger1 re 16

simple Q

When you hit your problem

Did you contact me?

There is no doubt contacting a local guy is a good move - there are folk I could have got to visit.. BUT... you didn't ASK !!

re msg 17

Dear "0clue"

I don't have a problem with you posting my contact address for domains - it is in the public domain... However, I think you posted it to be 'malicious' thinking it would 'upset me' !

I DO have a problem with you posting links to vids 'advertising' Washerman's grey market piracy operation on youtube that are libellous.

@ Mods I would be grateful if you could ( Again) remove these links - as I have made legal moves to youtube to have the vid removed and I don't want this site promoting such material :(

0maintenance

Message Posted:
16/06/2011 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 27 in Discussion

6ms. i posted the address for david,just as you would of asked your friend erolz to post davids address last night,which simbas removed this morning.

There is nothing wrong with the link,if it does not bother president obama or george bush,why should it bother you.

Back to the address you asked to be posted of david,it was pointless,david cant help with sat or techie questions,so on that i posted your address for you to be helpful.

Washerman

Message Posted:
16/06/2011 09:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 27 in Discussion

Seems to me that the main antagonist that is getting everyone's backs up is mmmmmm.

If the mod's care to check, last time he was banned, I don't think that there was any upset regarding internet and satellite TV. I don't think that I saw need to even mention our business except when a question was asked.

Iceman,Washerman,Dopi and others were competing in the market without any back-biting at all.

It's mmmmmm that causes the problems, he doesn't even live in Northern Cyprus or, have anything to do with it other than, the problems he causes here.

His constatnt malicious postings about Sat TV co's are upsetting the satellite TV status Quo in Northern Cyprus and NOW, he is starting on the internet companies.

Mod's, just ban him and let everyone else compete in relative silence !

0maintenance

Message Posted:
16/06/2011 09:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 27 in Discussion

I totally agree 100% with washermans post.

6ms does not even live in cyprus or TRNC,he does not have so much as a good word to say regarding the TRNC,he has no home here,no business here,all he wishes to do is to try to ruin businesses here and cause problems.

I have had to come on the internet so many evenings in the last two weeks to defend david because of 6ms,6ms you should leave his name out of my posts.

I believe 6ms should not be able to post here,he is not helpful,how can a man help a customer if he has no customers here,all he wishes to do is try to divert customers away from legitimate companies here who are already finding it hard to survive in the competative market place.

I believe 100% he has some other motive in mind with others.

Washerman

Message Posted:
16/06/2011 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 27 in Discussion

and NOW, he is starting on the internet companies and 'they' will no doubt have to start defending the malicious lies and untruths that he posts about them.

Personally, I am sick of having to check what he has posted and defend myself every five minutes.

Please, I am asking that all the Northern Cyprus Sat TV Co's have a personal meeting in Northern Cyprus and put to bed the differences that mmmmmm has caused because of his constant harassment of certain individuals and companies.

The fact that he 'gives' free VPN connections as a form of blackmail to muster up support for himself on thei board is an example of the lengths that he is prepared to go to.

There's a much bigger market on the Greek Cypriot side - I say, let him go onto their forums and bother them.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/06/2011 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 27 in Discussion

re msg 20 '0clue'

>>6ms. i posted the address for david,just as you would of asked your friend erolz to post davids address last night,which simbas removed this morning. <<

IF I had wanted to check out who owned domains and posted.. WHY would I ask anyone to do it for me...

1/ I have no interest

2/ I CERTAINLY didn't ask ErolZ to do it... !

>>There is nothing wrong with the link,if it does not bother president obama or george bush,why should it bother you<<

I have stated - CLEARLY - that as it is in the public domain - it doesn't 'upset me'..

>>which simbas removed this morning. <<

I have no idea whether simbas was asked to remove the link or did it off her own bat..

Washerman has posted my Limassol contact address - many times.. I didn't 'object' then either ;)

>>Back to the address you asked to be posted of david,it was pointless,david cant help with sat or techie questions,so on that i posted your address for you to be helpful.<<

This is lie..:(

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/06/2011 09:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 27 in Discussion

re msg 23

>>and NOW, he is starting on the internet companies and 'they' will no doubt have to start defending the malicious lies and untruths that he posts about them. <<

?? Have you READ the threads about folk complaining about poor service?

>>Personally, I am sick of having to check what he has posted and defend myself every five minutes. <<

You shouldn't make claims that you can't substantiate to promote you biz.. I do NOT post links to promote.

>>Please, I am asking that all the Northern Cyprus Sat TV Co's have a personal meeting in Northern Cyprus and put to bed the differences that mmmmmm has caused because of his constant harassment of certain individuals and companies. <<

Your meeting with Uran - who's ad is currently at the top of this thread - whom you delighted in knocking a pirates, too should be 'interesting' !

simbas

Message Posted:
16/06/2011 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 27 in Discussion

This thread is now closed.

Reason: Not specified. This is personal , you have been asked to take it off board . If you start another thread and it goes the same it will be deleted .

Simbas

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/06/2011 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 27 in Discussion

cont

>>The fact that he 'gives' free VPN connections as a form of blackmail to muster up support for himself on thei board is an example of the lengths that he is prepared to go to. <<

Washerman,

STILL thinking there's an agenda.. ask yourself - WHEN have I posted a link to promote any biz activity related to ME...?

>>There's a much bigger market on the Greek Cypriot side - I say, let him go onto their forums and bother them.<<

..what and let you state fibs re your being 'an official dealer', or guarantee continued pay tv reception when the company concerned says otherwise... ?

YOU use this board to self promote.... please tell me what my 'motive' is... ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.