North Cyprus Tourist Board - need help on post office prices
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > need help on post office prices

need help on post office prices

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

nickibee

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 08:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

where can i find out details on post and post office prices in kyrenia and surrounding

how easy is it for post to come in and out

how do i get a po box on the greek side

please get back to me

andrew4232

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 08:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

why do you feel the need to have a PO Box on the Greek side, i have lived here 2 years and never had any mail go missing, and i have sent things to the UK which normally arrive about a week later

susief

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 08:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

My PO box in Girne cost me 25tl for a year - you may have to go on a waiting list though as when I went to ask for one last October I was told to come back on January 1st - I think they're on a first come first served basis when the become available. So far I've had lots of post delivered from several different countries!

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 08:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

You are very lucky then andrew4232 as I and friends have had lots go missing. Esentepe PO boxes cost 25tl for a year, first come first served basis but all mail, if you do not have a PO Box, can be addressed to a post office and they will hold it for you. Just to go the post office concerned.

I tell everyone posting me anything to put in in brown envelopes, which have more chance of arriving. ALL parcels should be registered (insured) when sent so that the sender can reclaim if it does not arrive.

Make no mention of the word "Cyprus" on any mail or it will go around the houses and you will be lucky if it turns up.

Hope this helps.

Agobard

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

A PO box on Greek side is sometimes useful if you are buying stuff from UK of any value and having it sent out here. Goods from other EU countries are (mostly) free of tax whereas the customs bandits here will charge you duty on some things. However, you need to bear in mind that you will pay VAT in the UK for stuff sent to the RoC but not if it is sent here. So, depends what you want to use your box for. Don't know what the availability is like around Nicosia (Greek side) - you'd have to enquire at some of the post offices there. I have one in Limassol and it is very difficult to get a PO box there as they are all rented out already.

Garfield

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

I have a post box in Lapta, have received a slow cooker,and a s/steel frying pan,and craft goods from UK ++++letters/cards no problem, only had to pay 1tl on a small parcel of craft pens/inks nothing on large parcels

!!!.also 25tl for year,if you ask at p.o. they will give you cost per kg.

Hope this will help.

nickibee

Message Posted:
20/06/2011 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

went to post office, they would not give me a price per kg, wanted a greek pobox as heard many stories of post going missing. wanted to get items bought online and business post delivered there. is the po box in nicosia reliable like uk, does anyone have any of the pricelists they can send me

regards

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.