North Cyprus Tourist Board - Multimax internet - a real company or a scam?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Multimax internet - a real company or a scam?

Multimax internet - a real company or a scam?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

xiziqo

Message Posted:
17/06/2011 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 171 in Discussion

Never heard of them before, the prices looks pretty good. Does anybody subscribed to their service? Is it good? I am currently on extend, and it works fine for me, but if multimax really offers that speeds for such a low prices i ll change my ISP.

thats their web site: http://multimaxcyprus.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=57&lang=en

negativenick

Message Posted:
17/06/2011 19:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 171 in Discussion

scam in the trnc ? - never.................

erolz

Message Posted:
17/06/2011 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 171 in Discussion

looks interesting xizigo but at this stage its impossible to say how legit this is. There is a worrying lack of hard info and susbstance on the site. However this may just be a result of it being a new service and not indicative of a scam, but it does make it very hard to make any judgments or sensibles guesses. I would like to know what 'technology' of wireless they are using and in what part of the spectrum they operate in. From the scant information available it looks like it might be a wimax based system but that is just speculation. Not heard anything about this other than via your link but again that may just be because they are pre launch or just about to launch. Certainly one to watch and please do keep us informed if you do decide to give them a go.

allycatthree

Message Posted:
17/06/2011 21:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 171 in Discussion

This may be the new service being set up by the same people who established extend??? if so I believe its ligit, they have been putting in their stations lately and have an office up the road fron 1001 near the school?

erolz

Message Posted:
17/06/2011 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 171 in Discussion

Interesting allycatthree. The question is, for me, can they deliver 10mbs service. The statement on website "*All speeds indicated are optimum connection speeds without a guarantee." is both reassuring and worrying at the same time. Its reassuring because its up front and honest and really true of all ISP services. However its worrying in that it gives alot of 'wiggle room'. The kit they are selling in the market would seem to be wifi 802.11n standard kit. Does this mean / imply this is what they are using themselves to deliver the service ? Can not really say. I would have to say IF they are using such kit rahter than more advanced tech like wimax, then delivering decent consistent 10mbs service to the 10k customers they expect to get by 2012 would be a considerable challenge in my view. Not impossible with such wifi kit, but very hard to do. Definately one to watch though.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
17/07/2011 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 171 in Discussion

Has anybody get any experience of this company yet?

Pippie

Message Posted:
17/07/2011 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 171 in Discussion

I'm looking to possibly switch from Extend. What other ISPs are on offer besides Multimax that seem to offer a good deal and a reliable supply?

flamefabs

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 06:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 171 in Discussion

Post deleted , as per rule 3 ........ Simbas

pcDoctor

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 16:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 171 in Discussion

Hello to you all, ossie here aka the pc doctor, writing in here for the first time. i've had my advert in Cyprus Today for over 5 years now and i'm sure there are many readers/bloggers here who know me or have used me to fix their pc's and laptops over the years, and those of you who have met me know i'm not a waffler.

i also work for multimax internet so i can assure you all, that the company is not a scam, and if any of you have questions with regards to our internet please feel free to call me on 0533 841 7324 or on the office line 0392 444 6629, when you hear the digital receptionist, just hit 313 which is my direct extension. (9am-5pm), or wait till the call gets answered and ask for the Ossie

also at the moment we have some very nice deals and best of all, if any of our customers do have any problems, they can call me directly as opposed to other companies where no one really wants to speak to the english customers.

pcDoctor

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 171 in Discussion

ps. you can also email me at sosman@multimaxcyprus.com

cyprustimes

Message Posted:
23/07/2011 10:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 171 in Discussion

soon as me tel sim dongle out im there , dongles are a rip , prices seem good , worth a go pay monthly so hay ho

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 00:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 171 in Discussion

For info I decided to try out this new company as they were willing to install it for one month and only charged 50TL (+KDV) and the one month service fee. I went for the 10Mbs service. I have only had it for a couple of days but so far it has been good overall. If it continues like this for the rest of the month I will take out a year subscription. The company is new but those behind it are not, they are the same people who set up extend in their early days, and they are still putting in base station and some admin infrastructure. Of coure the real challenge will be performance over time. For all ISPs managing load and capacity as their customer base increases is a challenge. Anyway I will report back at the end of the month and say if I decide to go for the year or not, but so far after a couple of days I am happy. For those that like speedtest snapshots (and I dont) here is one to UK.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1405173389.png

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 09:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 171 in Discussion

erolz..............A few comments, for complete transparency, you should have told everyone that you used to work with the owners of this new internet start-up when they were at Ayzanet because, when people find out later, they may think that you didn't mention it because you have an ulterior motive.

In my honest opinion and based upon the experience that I have gained working with internet in Northern Cyprus for the last seven years - the wireless infrastructure in Northern Cyprus cannot support multiple users at these speeds.

Whilst the network is under-subscribed, the first few users will get good results, but as more join the network, my prediction is that speeds will rapidly decline.

Customer service is far more important than speed especially as there are frequent problems on the wireless network in Northern Cyprus.

All that being said, in my dealings with Kemal, I have found him to be honourable and trustworthy and he does have the relevant knowledge and expertise to run....

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 171 in Discussion

...........this new internet start-up.

Further, I do not see any significant additions to the backbone infrastructure in Northern Cyprus or, in the connections to the outside world, that would be required to support a x10 sustainable speed improvement.

I doubt that these speeds are available (consistently) throughout the majority of the UK or, in fact, many other (developed) countries never mind the TRNC.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 09:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 171 in Discussion

I have never worked for Ayzanet, or extend as they became, so please stop telling lies about me. I do know Kemal from the Ayza net days and I did help them out a bit in their earliest days, all for free. I was involved in setting up wifi community networks in the UK, again for not personal profit, long before any such commercial networks were set up in the TRNC and I shared that experience with Kemal. I also for a brief period of about 2 weeks allowed Ayza Net to use my then sat based Internet connection to provide an emergency service to the handful of customers they had at the time following a failure on their own sat backhaul service, whilst I was out of the country. Again this was done for no charge. It is just a lie to say I worked for ayza net, or that I had some ulterior motive, but just yet one more in a long sucsession of such lies and implications you have made about me as an indivdual.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 09:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 171 in Discussion

For the record I had no knoweldge of this company or its service or who was runing it until it was mentioned here. You 'warnings' about if its possible to run such a wifi service and the effects on service as customer base build up are not different from what I have already said in previosu posts. For example

"then delivering decent consistent 10mbs service to the 10k customers they expect to get by 2012 would be a considerable challenge in my view. Not impossible with such wifi kit, but very hard to do."

Whilst I have NO commercial interest in internet provision in the TRNC, you on the other hand did and still do. Yet you tell lies about me and then talk about ulterior motives.

The fact is we need companies like this in the TRNC to offer higher bandwidths at lower prices, something which will benefit all users in the TRNC, regardless of who they use. I decided to test their service for a month with minimal cost and risk, and reported that here

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 09:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 171 in Discussion

I will report again at the end of the month as well as I have already said.

Frankly Washerman, as someone who has been involved in the community wifi movement for over 15 years, has met and worked with some of the most established indivduals working on projects as diverse as providing community based wifi in the Himilayas to the Yorkshire Dales, my personal view of your own competance in such matters is not very high. I am not suprised that your own company stopped providing service, that you now work as an agent for others, yet still slate competition based on your 'expereince' and persistently tell lies about indivduals who might dare to challenge your BS and expose the weakness of your technical knowledge.

Yes custmoer service matters, but it is NOT the only consideration and certainly not for a user like myself. To me speed and cost and reliability matters. I do not need someone to come round and 'fix' or 'diagnose' my pc or net connection.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 09:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 171 in Discussion

erolz - first of all, I didn't say you worked 'for' them. I said worked 'with' them.

I was very careful how I worded my post as I wasn't sure whther you worked 'for' them or 'with' them, but I do distinctly remember attending a meeting which you also attended as I understand it, as a representative of Ayzanet.

Your memory isn't as good as mine, it seems !

In future, please read my posts carefully !

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 09:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 171 in Discussion

erolz................your experience of me differs from the majority of our customers, most of whom have been with us for 6 years or, more and who, are much better placed to judge me than you are, with the 'rant' that you have offered to this forum.

You have jumped the gun in accusing me of lying and most members can see that - you didn't read my post properly, at all !

Where did I "slate" the competition ? I offered a personal opinion based on my experience of internet in the TRNC

Please take the time to read my posts completely and carefully or, if you prefer, just carry on as you are, making yoiurself look very silly !

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman, indeed you DID say 'worked with them' - very carefully - but may be you could have worded it 'better' - viz : "ErolZ is biased" - could not be an interpretation ?.......

ErolZ has contributed on threads discussing the merits / demerits of various technical subjects relating to this part of Cyprus and CLEARLY has no axe to grind...

I'm pleased you have made the posters aware that - for the foreseeable future - only a service that DOESN'T rely on the backbone to Turkey can deliver 10Mps services reliably ! ( I admit I am biased as I'll be offering such a service real soon now)

You need to take a 'holiday' back in the UK, as the unbundling of the local loop - ( other companies allowed to put their lit into BT exchanges) means that - provided you are close enough to the exchange - LOTS of folks get 10 Mps reliably.... BT are rolling out fibre to the cabinet (40/10 Mps) and Virgin ( using cable ) have a 100 /10 Mps service...

'Silly' is defo a bit strong... :(

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 171 in Discussion

(cont)

I have a SKY and BT ADSL ( internet via the phone ) service and get 14 /0.7 from BT and 16 /0.85 ( up / down ratio) in a small market town.. this is not un-typical - so ErolZ suggestion wondering why you say certain ( nonsensical techie ) things is valid.

Even in Lima(s)sol folk are getting WAY in excess of 10 Mps ..

http://www.primetel.com.cy/en/pressroom/deltia-typoy/primetel-fastest-internet-speeds-cyprus-30-50-and-100mbps

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 10:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 171 in Discussion

re msg 20...4th paragraph

... putting their KIT [ not lit !] into the exchange... [ emoticon for embarrassed goes here ! ]

juliamoons

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 171 in Discussion

I am paying for 2mbps on Extent but most speed tests showing only 1/2mbps. My Extend payment is due by tomorrow so I am off to Multimax to sign up. I will also test it for a month and if it is good will also sign up for a year. The price is unbeatable, so I am hoping the service is good.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 10:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman your lies are just that lies. Work for or work with implies I got some money somewhere from my relationship with the people concerned. I did not. Your attempts to impune my integrity are disgusting behaviour. I remember very well the meeting I had, which was to try and encourage all the main wifi operators to consider setting up a single wifi network communaly, over which they would all then offer their own services competetively. The idea made sense on many levels, and I put the time and effort into this for not money what so ever, but simply from the desire to use my experience in community based wifi systems, to help those companies with provision in the TRNC. At the time the suggestion came to nothing but of the three companies there, your stopped trading as far as offering net connection and the other two subsequently merged.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 171 in Discussion

The fact is Washerman I have a 15 year plus record of having strived, for no pay what so ever, to be an advocate for internet consumers in the UK and to a much lesser degree the TRNC. I have in the past attended, by invitation, meetings at OFTEL and then OFCOM, where as a speaker I was the ONLY person in the room not being paid by someone. Like wise for the YEARS I was the sole consumer voice in the UK governments Broadband Stakeholders group, unpaid. I have appeared in the UK media in the past countless times as a consumer advoate for internet users, appearing on newsnight, channel 4 news, bbc news, watchdog, countless radio stations and other media outlets and never recived a penny for any of it. Years of unpaid effort for the benefit of internet consumers. That is my track record.

Yours is of entirely commercial entprises going back 7 years, one of which stopped providing service. Yet you dare to try an imply my account of using this supplier is motivated by ulterior motives.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 171 in Discussion

Your behaviour on these boards washerman is reprehensible and motivated solely by your own commercial interests in my opinion. You whine and moan and wail about how unfairly some posters have behaved towards you and the commercial service you offer, yet your own behaviour is as far as I am concerned far far worse. You have told blatant lies about me and stated them as fact. You have repeatedly sought to undermine my personal integrity as an indivdual.

You might offer the best customer service to your customers in the world. Regardless of that you BEHAVIOUR on these boards is simply disgusting and for me reason enough to never consider using any service you provide no matter how good that service might be.

cyprustimes

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 171 in Discussion

well ive just had it installed 50tl and its 58tl per month 1g speed unlimited download im well happy at moment with it

alshaheen

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 171 in Discussion

l have from 3 days now excellent service and very good price.i pay 812 TL for 1 Year 4mbps. i did TT speed test and is 4.25mbps.

IMTIAZ

eyebob

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 171 in Discussion

Amazing! Is this the same Washerman having a go at someone`s business on here, as the one who is constantly moaning that people are wrongly criticising his business, hypocrisy springs to mind.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 12:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 171 in Discussion

Just for the record there is a fibre connection out of the TRNC to Turk Telcom. The potential capacity of that fibre link could support way more than 10Mbs for ecery single person in North Cyprus. The limitations on the backbone link out of North Cyprus are purely commercial and NOT technical at all. It is all down to the price that Turk Telecom charge for weholsale access to their fibre. So to say ' I do not see any significant additions to the backbone infrastructure in Northern Cyprus or, in the connections to the outside world, that would be required to support a x10 sustainable speed improvement.' is just plain nonsense. No 'additions' to the physical infrastructure are necessary is the reality. I do not know TT wholesale prices but I would bet every penny I have that the prices for such capcity on the fibre link out from NC to Turkey have fallen significantly over the last 6 years and THAT is what matters, not 'new phsyical infrastructure' but pricing of exisitng infrastructure.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 12:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 171 in Discussion

And for the record where washerman says " but I do distinctly remember attending a meeting which you also attended as I understand it, as a representative of Ayzanet. "

This is also totaly incorrect. I did NOT attend that meeting as a representative of Ayza Net. The WHOLE point was I was independant of all the then three suppliers, trying to convince all of them of the potential benfits for them and consumers of a unifed network. This was clearly stated in the documentation inviting people to attend and the documentation used in the meeting. To claim I was there as a representative of one of the suppliers only is a gross distortion of truth and if necessary I will publish the documentation and get the represnatives of Ari Net and Kemal from then Ayza Net, who were at the meeting to post this truth as well.

Just more untruths upon untruths washerman with the sole objective of trying to impune my personal integrity.

Fawkes

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 171 in Discussion

a gross distortion of truth & Washerman ( AKA Paul Aldred ) Iam not sure how many people on this forum respond to guerilla advertising but some seem to respond despite the many warnings.

Tango1

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 171 in Discussion

I'm a bit of a technophobe here and am hesitant to join in this thread, but just to say I joined Ayzanet years ago and was No. 63 or something, then I became an Extend subsciber and have been ever since and am very pleased with them. I watch live UK TV (most of the time) through My Private Network but unfortunately NOT the test match!! The web cam and Skype are usually 100%. Which begs the question, if the new set up is controlled by the Extend people, would there be any benefit to me to change. If it ain't broke, don't mend it, comes to mind.

T1

mrjim

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 13:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 171 in Discussion

Erolz after reading your post I do have a admiration for you, unpaid work in any field over those amount of years and constantly having to defend yourself on here shows you have a remarkable character,keep it up

Texas

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 171 in Discussion

mrjim,

Re; Message 34.

I would like to second your comment. Erolz has done many unpaid hours of work for me too. This is in a personal capacity. Not charity work, or something that could possibly even benefit him. I would state that if I chose a TC to go into business with, it would be him.

He may not want me as a partner, but he is one of very few here, Brit, European and TC that speaks the truth. In fact I do not think he would even know how to lie.

I wish people here would try and get to know each other before making innacurate assumptions.

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 171 in Discussion

Hello people,

As the criminal mind behind multimax, I just wanted to say hi and also give you some first hand information about us.

Before all, regarding erolz, ayzanet/extend and Kemal relationship; it is true that we have received help from Erol when we had some problems with our satellite connection. It is also true that he was actively involved as a possible cooperation between providers in cyprus through a UN sponsored unified network, as a mediator, which never kicked off. All of this had happened back in year 2004. At no point in history, Erol has had worked in ayzanet or extend. This is the truth and anything else mentioned about relationship between myself, my previous companies and Erol is a lie.

continued in next thread...

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 15:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 171 in Discussion

Tango1 just to be clear the people who set up Ayza Net, that then became Extend, essentialy sold that business and left the internet provision business entirely for a number of years. They are now starting up an entirely new business, with new and seperate (last mile) infrastructure essentialy in competition with Extend and the other providers out there. As a new company they are pushing both the capacities they offer vs the competition and the prices they offer services at.

I personally have chosen to first trial them for a month and possibly sign up for years service not because my old provider was not good. I have been entirely happy with my old providers service in terms of reliability and performance of the connection over time. However Multimax are offering a level of potential bandwidth that my current supplier does not and at a price that is compelling. Even if the new connection only operates as 30% of its maximum potential capaicty on average [cont]

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 171 in Discussion

I will still end up with a faster connection for less money than that level of service would cost from my existing provider. Multimax is attempting to push down the cost of provision and increasing the level of provision generaly available in the TRNC and as such I applude such efforts. There is no doubt that technically what they hope to achieve in a profitable manner is ambitious compared to their competitors current offerings, but they are not new at this game and it should be possible to provide more for less in something like internet provision as time goes on. Weather they will be able to achieve this remains to be seen and moving to them over a provider you have a track record of good service from is a risk. It does remain to be seen how well and profitiably they can mange to provide these services over time. For me personally the lure of greater potential bandwitdh and a desire to see prices pushed down is motivation to take that risk and that is why I am trialing the service.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 171 in Discussion

That is why I chose to trial them and why I am reporting back on my findings so far. The notion that I am doing this or saying what I have said is because of some 'ulterior motive' other than that of a user of internet connections in the TRNC sharing their own experience of a given provider is absolute nonsense, given that I have and never have had personal commercial interests in internet provision in the TRNC,but do have a long track record of unpaid 'consumer advocacy' re internet provision in the UK and the accuastions come from and indivdual who did and does have commercial interest in internet provision in the TRNC.

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 171 in Discussion

As for multimax is concerned, here are some facts;

1) There is no problem in getting any kind of bandwidth from Turk Telekom in Turkey, and other than being forced to go with only one provider (no backup to TurkTelekom is currently possible), it works pretty decent, and you get what you pay for.

2) Some people have mentioned that 10Mbps speeds are not possible with current wireless infrastructures, which is a true fact. That's why multimax has made substantial investment and built up her own infrastructure. multimax is the first company to register and use its own frequencies for backbone links. The frequencies are registered through telekom and the capacity is well beyond any ordinary wireless link can provide.

3) We dont need to convince anybody of the quality of our internet connection, with no installation fee and low prices, you can try and see for yourself. Money back if we dont deliver what we promise. I dont think anything else can be said on this matter.

Kemal

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 16:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 171 in Discussion

Thanks Mr Jiim and Texas for your kind words and thanks to Kemal for setting the record straight re my (entirely non commercial) relationships with Ayza Net / Extend. I wish you all the best in your endeavour and sincerely hope you can bring more for less to internet consumers in the TRNC whilst making a healthy profit for yourself in the process.

cyprustimes

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 16:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 171 in Discussion

well all good here at minute , poo shouldnt tell everyone ,.. all stay were u are .!

Texas

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 16:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 171 in Discussion

kbasat: Any possibilities of an ADSL service with 10mb?

0maintenance

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 171 in Discussion

message 12

there is a difference between 'burst' speed on a speed test that downloads for less than a minute and consistent download speed over time. These kinds of speedtests are very limited in many ways , the main one being they do not download for long enough to give any indication of how consistent your download speed is over time. For streaming video , or for downloading large files as quickly as possible, what matters is not how fast your connection is in a brief 30 seconds test, but how consistently it performs over the length of the streaming program, or the hours needed for a large download. If you get super fast speeds for a minute or two, but the connection degrades after serveral minutes of sustained downloading, then that will be an issue and it will not generally show up on a speed test like these.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 171 in Discussion

0maintenance my exact words indeed, which is why when I posted such a speedtest here I did so with the explicit disclaimer "For those that like speedtest snapshots (and I dont) here is one to UK."

I do not think one off speed test snapshots are a good way of assessing the quality of a net connection. Have explained why in detail as your quote of my pervious posting shows, and when I do post such, it is with an explicit disclaimer, as in this thread.

0maintenance

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 171 in Discussion

yes as in message 22

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/68494.asp

0maintenance

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 16:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 171 in Discussion

what was the purpose of showing us that speedtest if you do not like them or they do not show a true picture of the speed?

i find that quite misleading.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 171 in Discussion

For the record only having had the Mutlimax connection for a few days, I have downloaded real files over time, a much better indication of speeds than speedtest snapshots. One one file of 700MB I averaged a speed of approx 4mps and another file of 6.5GB where I averaged slightly under that. THis may seem less than the max potential 10Mbs, but the reality is whilst many sites may deleiver a 1 or 2mbs stream, when you get up higher the sending site is increasingly the limit and not your own net connection. Even if the 4mbs was limited by my connection and not the sending site, the reality is I am getting sustained average throughput of around 4mbs over hours of downloading for less money than a 2mbs service would cost me with my current provider. That has to be value for moeny in anyones book. I can only tell it like it is, which is what I do. Will the same be true in 6 months or a year. I do not know but whatever the reality is I will say so openly and honestly as I always do.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 17:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 171 in Discussion

Deary me, I have just got in from work and I don't know where to start so, I'll start with the latest posts and work backwards.

Erolz......message 48 - are you saying that, although the network is relatively new and under subscribed, it is already only performing at 40% of quoted speed on a sustained download ?

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 171 in Discussion

0mainteance, you yourself have shown such tests many times to show how good your connection is yet if I do so I am attempting to mislead ? Ridiculous.

In any case if I wanted to mislead I could have shown the ones to Istambull that show 22Mbs download, or the one to vodaphone UK that show 17Mbs, or ones to UK sites that show 4 or 5 Mbs. I actualy chose a speedtest result that was inbetween the ranges that I have got having done a series of such tests to a series of different sites at a series of different times, exactly in order to show a 'fair' representative one. It is exactly because of such variances I do not like such test and when I do use them it is an average one of many, unlike some who use them here historicaly, like you.

Again 0maintenace just all part of the attempt to imply that I am biased or misleading, yet I have NO commercial interest in this service or any other. I do have a years long record as an unpaid consumer advocate relating to internet access in the UK.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 171 in Discussion

erolz.............I said that you worked with them, I didn't mention for pay or, commercial interest. They have admitted that you wiorked with them so, I did not lie and to accuse me of lying is pretty 'desperate'

keithr

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 171 in Discussion

So,after all the handbag throwing,is it ok or not ????

eyebob

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 171 in Discussion

And there was me thinking Washerman had gone!Too good to be true.

0maintenance

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 171 in Discussion

Message 50

I did not know any better,im not a professor of all trades master of non.

I really thought a speed test was what it says and its giving good information.

You know much better or so you tell us but still posted it as a guide even though you think its rubbish.

I was not having a go at you,i was just pointing out that if you think the speed tests are not a great guide,then why try and mis lead us by posting it.

Dont get all agitated,its only a online speed test,wait until they bring out a online coke test

0maintenance

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 171 in Discussion

message 50

you will be up for a OBE soon

keep up the great free work your shouting about,some one will notice eventually im sure.

laters erolz

Im off out

zerochlor

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 171 in Discussion

message 12. there is a difference between 'burst' speed on a speed test that downloads for less than a minute and consistent download speed over time. These kinds of speedtests are very limited in many ways , the main one being they do not download for long enough to give any indication of how consistent your download speed is over time. For streaming video , or for downloading large files as quickly as possible, what matters is not how fast your connection is in a brief 30 seconds test, but how consistently it performs over the length of the streaming program, or the hours needed for a large download. If you get super fast speeds for a minute or two, but the connection degrades after serveral minutes of sustained downloading, then that will be an issue and it will not generally show up on a speed test like these.

zerochlor

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 171 in Discussion

msg 12

there is a difference between 'burst' speed on a speed test that downloads for less than a minute and consistent download speed over time. These kinds of speedtests are very limited in many ways , the main one being they do not download for long enough to give any indication of how consistent your download speed is over time. For streaming video , or for downloading large files as quickly as possible, what matters is not how fast your connection is in a brief 30 seconds test, but how consistently it performs over the length of the streaming program, or the hours needed for a large download. If you get super fast speeds for a minute or two, but the connection degrades after serveral minutes of sustained downloading, then that will be an issue and it will not generally show up on a speed test like these.

kbasat

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 171 in Discussion

texas: as for ADSL, like any other company in NC, we are offering only authentication over Telekom's infrastructure and system. The maximum ADSL speeds they allow us to sell is 8Mb (even though theoratically it can be as high as 24Mb with ADSL2+), however, the quality of any ADSL line depends highly on your underground cable quality, distance from the exchange etc etc. I am more than willing to provide you with 8Mb ADSL account for 90TL + VAT, but whether it will work or not on your telephone line needs to be tested.

Re msg 44

It is true that some providers use 'burst' speeds to make it look like they are providing something that they are not. Although there is nothing wrong with providing burst speeds to clients, it may lead to misleading results.

We are currently working on developing systems to check connection speed/quality based on speed consistency as well as latency check(which is as important as the speed of the connection) over a period, so beter comparisons can be made

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 171 in Discussion

Re msg 49

actually, erolz message reads:

1) no mention about the network being new or undersbscribed, only that his own connection is new,

2) He did one test from one website, and he managed to get 4Mbps sustained speeds, which he states that might as well be a limitation from the website he was downloading from,

3) even this 4Mbps actual speed he has got from this one particular download is better than the competition based on price/performance.

Please dont try to play with words, and understand things to to your liking as I am sure most people on this forum is smarter than this.

Multimax does not guarantee that you will be able to download 10Mb from every site, every time, the fact is that most website hosts limit download per client to 1-2Mb so that they can accomodate more clients per given moment.

In order to test full potential of a 10Mb connection, you need a service/host that can provide you with 10Mb data, or use a combination of downloads to push the connection

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 171 in Discussion

re msg 52:

keithr and anybody else who is interested:

you dont need to ask this question, come and subscribe to our service, if the service provided is not whats advertised, you get a full refund.

you have nothing to lose, only to gain.

K.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 171 in Discussion

keithr........the wireless base station radios can only handle a certain amount of bandwidth per radio. As soon as I know which system they are using, I will post links to show the maximum throughput that is possible per radio and then, you can do the maths yourself.

My intital (personal) opinion (speculation) is that that offering a 10Mbps connection is a sales gimmick and that if 200-300 customers took up the offer, they wouldn't get 10Mbps for sustained periods.

I will add to the initial comments that I made about the owner of this new internet startup company - Kemal knows his onions - when he owned eXtend, he pushed the wireless infrastructure to its limits.

Whether it was profitable to do so, is a matter of speculation.

Personally, I don't think that the internet bandwidth is available in NC - have a look at http://www.cablemap.info and navigate to Cyprus - you will see the connectivity that is available out of NC - does it look like it will support x10 speed ?

flawww

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 171 in Discussion

@Washerman

How will u know what system multimax is using?

0maintenance

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 171 in Discussion

message 56 and 57 where posted at 16.40,only now they have come active,david is still being discriminated against,other life banned posters who got there posting rights back are not being discriminated against.

So i posted the same message for david at 16.41 in message 44.

The mods tell us they have emailed izzet the board owner over 2 weeks ago and still not have a reply.

GOD HELP YOU ALL IF THERE IS A EMEGENCY and you need to get hold of izzet the board owner,i would not hold your breath

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 171 in Discussion

Texas.................unlike you, I have made NO innaccurate assumptions. I have offered a personal opinion based upon my experience and track record.

You can accept it or reject it, I don't mind either way !

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman your intent with the post was clearly to create an impression that my view on this particular connection the result of an 'ulterior motive' - absolute rubbish. You also stated I was at a meeting with you as a representative of Ayza Net (to the best of your knowledge) yet this is blatantly untrue. The intent of your post is clear for all to see.

0Mainteance as for "keep up the great free work your shouting about,some one will notice eventually im sure" For years I have posted on this board and never mentioned my past unpaid work in the UK as a consumer advocate for internet users. However when faced with repeated allegations that I am posting with 'ulterior motives' and intentionaly seeking to mislead by those who DO have commercial interests, it is necessary to point out the absurdity of such claims when not only do I have no commercial interest I have a provable track record of exactly the reverse.

Fawkes

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 171 in Discussion

0Mainteance has a proven record..........................................

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 171 in Discussion

erolz...............message 36 "It is also true that he was actively involved as a possible cooperation between providers in cyprus through a UN sponsored unified network, as a mediator, which never kicked off. All of this had happened back in year 2004"

At least get your stories straight - I was at the meeting that erolz attended - I have told NO lies !

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 171 in Discussion

The lie washerman is that I was at that meeting as a representative of Ayza Net, or indeed any of the three companies involved as you have claimed. I was at that meeting as someone independent of all three of them. You then covered your ass with 'as I understand it', yet in the documentation relating to the meeting and used in the meeting and in the meeting itself it was totaly clear that I was there indpendant of any company. So either you understanding was and is woefuly inadequate or you are purposley twisting the truth to create the impression that my views on this connection are the result of an 'ulterior motive'. I have little doubt which of these two is the case.

It is simply not true to say I was there as reprensentative of Ayza Net. It is a lie to say I was.

cyprustimes

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 171 in Discussion

jesus ¬¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0maintenance

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 171 in Discussion

message 66

I dont know if you mean me or david who has a proven record,i havent,but unlike most here,david wont hide the fact that he has,but most here have to much to hide

By the way,nice twitter account,interesting reading.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 171 in Discussion

You worked with them - admitted !

You were actively involved - admitted !

Readers can make their own minds up as to whether you were independent, maybe you were independent !

I still maintain that it would have been better to make this clear initially, because not doing so, may leave people with the impression that you have an ulterior motive.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman your behaviour is dispicable. It was dispicable when you implied my views on where to buy a TV were from an 'ulterior motive'. It was despicable when you stated as fact I masqueraded as HCLOman - a total lie with no basis in truth what so ever and it is discpicable here when you 'innocently' suggest that my post here about trying a new service, which just by coincidence happens to be offering faster connection for less money that the services you are a commercial agent for, had an 'ulterior motive'.

Once again people are not stupid. You have one poster with a years long provable record of unpaid consumer advocacy re internet access, and another with direct commecrial intertest in competing services. Who is really most likely to have 'ulterior motives' in their posts? It is just ludicrous to suggest that my posts are intentfully biased and yours are not. It makes no sense, it does not add up and its all based on untruths in any case.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 171 in Discussion

And whilst I should just stop this nonsense I just have to highlight the way you twist and pervert meaning washerman. You say "Readers can make their own minds up as to whether you were independent, maybe you were independent !"

Readers can make up their own minds as to how indpendant my views about the multimax service is. However it is not a mtter of opinion as to if I was at the 2004 meeting as a 'independant' person or as a represenatative of Ayza Net. THat is a matter of plain FACT. It is a plain FACT that I was at that meeting as in indpendant, and if being there as an indpendant means I worked with Ayza Net and was actively involved with them, then it also means I worked with YOUR company and was actively involed with that.

juliamoons

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 171 in Discussion

Well mine has just been installed. Yes I have read all above about speed tests etc., but no matter what anyone says they are at least an indication of what you are getting. Speed test run from extends site was 488kbs download speed now getting 5.87mbps on a 4mb connection from MultiMax. My PC seems to be flying now. Should be able to watch UK TV now without all that buffering. I am well pleased. Simple installation no fuss no mess. Used existing cable - absolutely fantastic.

juliamoons

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman I have made my own mind up. He is/was independant and I am afraid that in future when reading your posts, well in fact I just won't bother you seem to be the worst trouble maker on this board.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 171 in Discussion

erolz...............try not to take the thread off topic.

Go back and read my post, it's quite innocent really. I have stated that it is only my personal opinion based upon seven years experience with internet in Northern Cyprus - take it or, leave it !

You say, "my personal view of your own competance in such matters is not very high" (sic) - so what you gettin' so uptight about ?

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 171 in Discussion

juliamoons glad to here the service is working well for you and I hope it continues to do so over time. Whilst I could watch streaming UK TV from sites like BBC iplayer with my old connection 90%+ of the time without problems, I did have to watch it in the lowest possible quality. Since getting the new conncetion I can now watch BBC iplayer steaming HD content. To date I have only watched a couple of things, latest top gear and the third part of a documentary of about the life of Muhammad. Both played fine on the new connection, something that was just impossible before on my old connection. It also only needed my connection to operate at about 35% of its max potential, vs low quality content that required my old connection to operate at about 90% of its max potential.

juliamoons

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 171 in Discussion

I have only had mine for about 20 mins and I am stunned/shocked it's fantastic, long may it continue.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman, in the context of having met you in person and your pervious posts about me and others I find it imposible to believe that your post 13 was 'quite innocent'. It just does not add up at all and it is frankly insulting to my intelligence and I suspect many others, for I am of average intelligence, to suggest that it was.

You have a vested commercial interest in trying to create an impression of me as someone who posts for 'ulterior motives' and who's posts can not be trusted at their face value and a vested commercial interest in rasing doubts in peoples minds about this new internet service. Which just be conincidence is exactly what you do in this thread ( and have done in others in regards to me as an indivdual and my personal integrity as a person and poster here).

juliamoons

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 19:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 171 in Discussion

Amazing I am watching BBC live tv loads of stuff loaded on internet and skyping all at the same time. Fantastic service.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 171 in Discussion

There's no doubting Kemal's expertise in building a wireless network and he has always been at the cutting edge of internet service provision in the TRNC, but that doesn't create an 'extra' x10 internet bandwidth and that is my concern.

The main submarine cable out of NC (TURCYOS-1) is only rated at .565Gbps throughput.

According to http://www.cablemap.info/ (TURCYOS-2) is not yet operational - where is all the extra bandwidth coming from ?

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 171 in Discussion

Thanks for the praise, Paul.

In order to ease your concern on capacity, I know for a fact that total usage of NC to Turkey right now is approx 5Gbps, and we are assured by the Turk Telekom that a single connection up to 10Gbps is not an issue.

So I guess the information about capacity of TURCYOS-1 is not up-to date?

Anyway, we have a saying in Turkish, direct translation is roughly 'eat the grapes, dont ask which grape-farm its coming from'

K.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 171 in Discussion

Kemal, I notice that you have taken over the old TIC office, no doubt to take advantage of the fiber optic cable that we left there so, connectivity to Girne Telecoms is OK.

Have they increased capacity between Girne and Lefkosa?

Are you aware that Nethouse Networks has also quadrupled their advertised connection speeds. Where is all this extra bandwidth coming from and if it is there, allowing for KDV, taxes, etc, how can it be sold so, cheaply ?

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 20:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 171 in Discussion

As you remember I had bought TIC off as extend from you, so its technically old extend office

We are not using any fiberoptic cables, the maximum capacity they can provide per connection (and they dont have many) is 150Mbps between cities.

We have licenced our own frequency bands from telekom for our backhaul. Each link provides us with 620Mbps of real bandwidth. Devices are quite expensive, but its well worth it.

To answer your question about price of internet, the calculation is real simple.

Price for 200Mbps internet is 10,000TL from telekom whereas 1Gbps (1000Mbps) is 20,000TL (all rough estimates). this price difference for 5 times the internet speed is really not that high compared to overall operational costs of an internet provider.

So, as going 5 times speed on internet costs me roughly 10-20% increase in my costs, and that I have a wireless network that is 10x the capacity of a regular wifi network, providing 4x-6x more capacity for the same price is only norm

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 171 in Discussion

Despite, the hysteria that erolz has tried to whip up, I can confirm that I have no reason to doubt your integrity or, the figures that you quote, but can you confirm whether these are CIR or, EIR rates.

What contention ratio are you quoting ?

Whose radios are you using ?

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 171 in Discussion

Although not a trade secret, I am not obliged to discuss the specifics of the equipment we are using, all I can say is that they work on licensed bands (such as 11Ghz or 18Ghz) and a licence from a telekom is required to install them, which we have.

If you come to our Lefkosa office one day , I will give you a realtime demonstration.

We do not provide circuits, so there is no EIR-CIR so to speak, also the contention ratios are all irrelevant when you speak of such high bandwidths. If a basestation reaches capacity, we will upgrade or install another one, if one 620Mbps link reaches 80% of capacity, we will install another one, if our internet reaches 70% of capacity, we will upgrade it by another 20% and such, so there is not and will not be any bottleneck in our network that will cause any unexpected performance issues for our customers.

We use our own radios, we buy them, so they become ours isnt it? we are not stealing them if thats what you mean, we can show invoices

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 171 in Discussion

Kemal, I'm not being confrontational so, there's no need for you to be defensive.

So, if the current link to the outside world is 5Gbps and all of a sudden, everyone, in an attempt to compete, follows your lead (Nethouse already have) and introduces x10 bandwidth quotas - wouldn't that mean that the connection to the outside world would need to be 50Gbps and not, 10 Gbps ?

Look at the connectivity into the South as per http://www.cablemap.info/ and note that they have multiple Tbps connectivity - are they offering 10Mbps internet connections ?

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 171 in Discussion

I try never to get involved in the pettiness that often occurs on this forum but I did resurrect a thread that was a month old in msg 6 and I can assure you all, I wish I hadn't bothered.

I think, like juliamoons and erolz, I will try for myself for a month and take it from there, it's not like I HAVE to commit myself for any length of time and I am sure there will be some problems in the future (there always is somewhere as a company expands). If it works so be it and if it doesn't, well at least I have tried.

I am seriously get fed up with reading what Washerman knows and does not!

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman you do not understand 'where' all this extra bandwith is comming from because you do not understand the numbers you read or what they mean. You see something like "Capacity: 0.565Gbps" for the Turcos fibre link and you think that means it is the total maximum that link can provide ever. You are simply wrong. You do not understand the concept of channels or Wave multiplexing and thus come to erroneous conclusions based on your erroneous understanding.

To help you try reading and understanding what is being said here.

http://www.rp-photonics.com/optical_fiber_communications.html

"Within the last 30 years, the transmission capacity of optical fibers has been increased enormously. The rise in available transmission bandwidth per fiber is even significantly faster than e.g. the increase in storage capacity of electronic memory chips, or in the increase in computation power of microprocessors."

[cont]

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 171 in Discussion

"Single-mode fibers are typically used for longer distances of a few kilometers or more. Current commercial telecom systems typically transmit 2.5 or 10 Gbit/s per data channel over distances of ten kilometers or more. Future systems may use higher data rates per channel of 40 or even 160 Gbit/s, but currently the required total capacity is usually obtained by transmitting many channels with slightly different wavelengths through fibers; this is called wavelength division multiplexing (WDM). Total data rates can be several terabits per second, sufficient for transmitting many millions of telephone channels simultaneously. Even this capacity does not reach by far the physical limit of an optical fiber. In addition, note that a fiber-optic cable can contain multiple fibers."

"In conclusion, there should be no concern that technical limitations to fiber-optic data transmission could become severe in the foreseeable future."

[cont]

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 171 in Discussion

Or maybe do some research on 'dark fibre'. Again to take is gently for you here is wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_fibre

"The availability of wavelength-division multiplexing further reduced the demand for fiber by increasing the capacity that could be placed on a single fiber by a factor of as much as 100. As a result, the wholesale price of data traffic collapsed."

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 171 in Discussion

"According to Gerry Butters,[8][9][10] the former head of Lucent's Optical Networking Group at Bell Labs, Moore's law holds true with fiber optics.[11] The amount of data coming out of an optical fiber is doubling every nine months. Thus, excluding the transmission equipment upgrades, the cost of transmitting a bit over an optical network decreases by half every nine months.[dubious – discuss] The availability of dense wavelength-division multiplexing DWDM and coarse wavelength division multiplexing CWDM is rapidly bringing down the cost of networking, and further progress seems assured"

And back to me to summarise. The limits on capacity of fibre, like the ones connection TRNC to Turkey are NOT technical ones but commercial ones. The idea that you can not massively increase the amount of data over a given fibre link at ever decreasing cost to do so and thus need a new fibre laid is so erroneous it hard to know where to start showing that is the case.

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 171 in Discussion

No, just because you 10x the speed does not mean that the usage will also go up 10x. Average people will still use their internet connection for the same purposes, it will only be faster for them, not necessarily increasing the total data need.

If you need to download 100Mb file, with a 512k connection, it will take you 26mins as compared to 1.3mins with a 10Mbps connection, by us providing you with a faster connection allows you to finish your work quicker and thus make you occupy less time of the wireless highways,

It is only for those 'download-crazy' people (which I am admittedly one of them) that providing more bandwidth to them means they will proportionally use more.

In addition to this, no other provider in NC right now have the needed infrastructure to provide the speeds that we do, so you dont have to worry about everyone following suit so soon .

There are many providers in the South providing high speed internet, http://www.cablenet.com.cy sells up to 20Mbps.

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 171 in Discussion

I completely agree with erolz, I do not believe there is any limit(in common senses) on the capacity of Internet from NC to Turkey. Especially since the TTnet got privatized in Turkey, they have become a lot more responsive and willing to go lengths to meet demands.

K.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 171 in Discussion

erolz...........you better write to Greg ? Whatever rules you apply to cables into TRNC, must also apply to cables into elsewhere - with so much 'extra' quoted capacity into the South plus your multiplication theory, what speeds are they quoting ?

Scoobydoo............I just don't know what to say to you !

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 171 in Discussion

Kemal "up to" are the magic words that are used - the great get-out clause !

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 171 in Discussion

Kemal msg 93, interesting (to me) observations about the effect of increased speed and peoples usage patterns and the effect on contention in the network of such. Strong paralells with something I wrote in 2004.

http://www.liquidzope.com/abc/1n/newsletter200406/analogy

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman I have no idea who 'greg' is. The rules that apply to FIBRE (and specficaly long distance single mode fibre) do NOT apply to 'cables' in anywhere near the same degree. Your whole premis in msg 95 is based on a flawed understanding of the economics of internet provision. You seem to think what you get in your home is related to the capacity of the trunck fibre links out from a given country. It is not. The fibre trunk routes are NOT the issue in defining what net services can commercial be provided to a user. It is last mile (we campigners prefer to call it first mile) that defines this and to a lesser extent middle mile in the world generaly though more so in the TRNC.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 171 in Discussion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10786874 and you can get 10Mbps in the TRNC ?

Just like you can get your ptp on pre-1974 Turkish land ?

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman 'up to' is not simply a 'get out' clause,and in many ways it is an honest desciption that providers like those you represent might be well minded to consider (see my msg5). The fact is even if I only get 'upto' 20% of the connection multimax is offering me it will still be cheaper than the equivalent service from my current provider, if that was to operate at 100% potential capcity all the time. THe discrepancy between advertised max speeds and actual speeds is nothing new or unique to Kemals service or provision in the TRNC in general.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14295046

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 171 in Discussion

Here's what it says on the multimax website:

*All speeds indicated are optimum connection speeds without a guarantee.

*All packages come with 8:1 download/upload ratio.

http://www.multimaxcyprus.com/

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman msg 99 do I really have to explain to you what AVERAGE means ? Sheesh.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 171 in Discussion

You don't have to explain it to me..........the potential customers may need an explanation though !

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman msg 101 and what does it say on the services that you are a commercial agent for ? Does it just list the max potential speed and make no referance to that being a max potential ? And you make out this is a negative with multimax because they are up front and honest where as others, like those you are an agent for are not? Or are you saying that nethouse guarantees its 4mbs service will always deliver that throughput at all times and whatever the usage ?

Once more 'upto' 10mbs is not a concern to me as a user if the reality is I get more actual bandwidth in practice for less money than I can get elsewhere be it an average off 3mbs or 4mbs or 8mbs.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 171 in Discussion

Msg 103 your typical twisting here again. You cite a BBC article that shows the AVERAGE rate for users in the UK and suggest that it shows offering a 10mbs service in the TRNC is therefore unrealistic. You then twist this nonsense by linking it to what potential customers need to know. All they need to know is do they get more for less with Multimax than they can with its competitors, including those you are a commercial agent for. If they do then it is a good deal and if they dont it isnt.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 171 in Discussion

erolz...............we are agents for a company who offer a 'realistic' 1Mbps connection for 765TL per year and a 'realistic' 2Mbps connection for 935TL per year.

We have built a business over the last 7 years, not by putting people in 'promise-land', but by offering 'good' customer service.

I am disappointed that you interrupted my conversation with Kemal, I think that he would have benefitted more, if you have stayed out of it.

Bringing your prejudice to the table has done him no favours

0maintenance

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 171 in Discussion

Im sure my new broadband speed with nethouse for 4Mbits is now only 220TL for 3 months

DoctorW

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 171 in Discussion

I have been following this thread with interest and it seems to me that should this service meet its expectations, that it will revolutionise the internet in TRNC.

In the UK and elsewhere, no provider can guarantee a consistently high speed as there are too many variables. My 20MB Sky Broadband very rarely reaches 6MB and this is the UK which is light years ahead of TRNC in internet provision. The competition will force other providers to improve the services to compete and will hopefully lead to an eventual fall in prices.

I can understand the sceptisism of members who have been 'ripped off' or had less than adequate service from other suppliers and hope that the 'Guinea pigs' can report back regulary with news of how the service is progressing.

The offer to take the service on a monthly basis rather than having to pay a year upfront must mean that the suppliers are relatively confident about their service and I would wish them luck.

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 171 in Discussion

re msg 99, you comparing average speeds of developed countries vs only one single company(multimax) offering 10mbps speed as its premium service. I would say the average speed in NC be around 700kbps wheres in multimax approx 3Mbps.

I dont really understand what washerman/Paul is trying to prove? that a service already being used by tens of happy customers cannot work because it doesnt make sense to him?

This is like watching a race, cars passing by 300km/s , and some spectator saying its not possible...

K.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 171 in Discussion

No mention of your 'realistic' 4mbs service then ?

So if a customers pays less for a 4mbs service with multimax than you charge for your 'realisitc' 1mbs service and 'only gets' on average 2mbs download rate, which is twice the speed of your 'realistic' 1Mbs service for less money, you think they will feel ripped off do you ?

Kemal came ito this thread as far as I can see, to counter your misinformation about firstly me personaly and then his service in general. And you think you were benefiting him ?

Just what prejudice is you think I bring to this thread then ? Prejudice against you perhaps ? In which case you again confuse prejudice against you an indivdual and prejudice against the nonsense you so frequently post, that almost always seems to be in line with your own vested commercial interests.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 171 in Discussion

DoctorW............it is about infrastructure up to your front door. If UK internet is performing at less than a third of quoted speeds......what chance is there for the TRNC ?

Join up the dots .Promised speed

. .

. .Actual Speed

Jackslad

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 171 in Discussion

Hi guys,

I'm new to this board, but I've been in telecomms since the early 70s, so I think I can understand what you're saying. Removing the emotion, it looks to me like this:

Washerman, you seem to be telling people to be careful because this service is supposedly head and shoulders above anything that's currently available in the TRNC, and anything that sounds too good to be true usually is.

Erolz, you seem to be hurt that Washerman is impugning your independence in rating this service, despite many years' experience in the field.

Kbasat, you own the service and are offering everyone a money-back trial of your service.

Standing back, it seems to be a consumer's win-win situation. I'm going to try it, and if I don't like it, I'll let everyone know. But given that I'm currently paying 100TL per month for a 2Mbps link, a lower price for a higher bandwidth looks like a no-brainer to me! If I do like it, everyone will know too.

Jackslad

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 171 in Discussion

...cont

On the technical side, it may help the rest of us to decide who to trust if we could know your credentials:

Kbasat, we don't need to know yours: You're offering a service that we can take or leave. I'd guess at BSc/PhD?

Erolz, again I'd guess at a good degree with many years' experience on top to keep you current.

Washerman, you've provided a service on what appears to be a more commercial than technical level. MBA perhaps? Or am I doing you a disservice and you too have a good technical degree?

As a newbie, I have no axe to grind; I'm just curious.

Washerman

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 171 in Discussion

erolz...................your good at speculation.............I'll give you that !

BTW...................I think that your 'independent by-stander' cover is 'well' and 'truly' blown by now !

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman you join up these dots.

Advertised max potential speed 4 times that of your nethouse 1mbs service at less cost (both monthly sub AND install)

Actual speed only 3 times or even 2 times that of your more expensive service.

What do those dots tell you? AND that is assuming on Multimax's service you get siginficantly less than the advertsied max potential speed, which by current accounts of people here actualy using it is not the case anyway.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 23:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 171 in Discussion

Jackslad................qualifications get you the job, but experience is what keeps it and judging by your qual's New Member (0 stars) are you even qualified to comment/ask ?

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 23:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 171 in Discussion

Jackslad , firstly welcome to the forum.

Secondly as far as my 'credentials' I do not have a degree of any sort. In fact I left school at 16 with just some 'O' levels as they were back then. My background in internet service provision is as a consumer advocate. If you know anything about the hsitory of dial up internet access in the UK you will remeber back to the days before broadband was avialble and all dial up in the UK was metered by the minute. I was involved in the battle to change that in the UK, back when all the 'experts' and 'professionals' were saying it was technicaly and commercialy impossible to provide flat rate dial up access. If FRIACO means anything to you then you will know my 'credentials'

Have a look here for an overview of how I got 'started' in all this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_for_Unmetered_Telecommunications

Please DO check the link referances in the article.

DoctorW

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman:

- Jackslad are you qualified to comment (0 stars)???

If you are not then you may as well go away - you are never going to get stars.

Sorry Washerman, on this you are wrong. Members get stars by making comments.

Just because this is a members first post it doesn't make it any the less valid. A man who has been in telecoms since the 70's probably has as much knowledge as most on this board and would seem to be in a position to make comments on this post.

Carry on Jackslad have your say and welcome to our friendly board. We hope you will be around to get your stars.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 23:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 171 in Discussion

DoctorW its a standard defense being put in place in case the poster might actualy have the temirity to challenge washerman's arguments, based on real knowledge and experience. Its no different to washermans 'taunts' that I had no right or basis to challenge his nonsense comments about 'google rank' playing no part in a sites potential popularity. He kept taunting over and over again that if I did not have a site that ranked in top ten on a google search, then I clearly knew nothing and should shut up as a means to ignore the actual points I was making. A preposterous notion in itself, but made even more ludicrous when I eventualy showed him a site that was not just top ten ranked, but was ranked top1, top2 AND top3. Then of course the 'qualifaction' requirment he himself set disapeaed and the goal posts moved on.

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 171 in Discussion

erolz.....listen, I'm flattered that you pay so much attention to what I say and 'really' flattered that you 'try' to disagree with everything that I say.

As usual, you ignore the really important bits of my comments, but I have learned to let you off !

As I said earlier..................I think that your 'independent by-stander' cover is 'well' and 'truly' blown by now !

I'm going now because my favourite programme is just about to start on BBC iPlayer. If there's anything really important or, urgent, use the form here http://www.ticproblemsolver.com

'night

gooligan

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman,why do you continually harp on about the excellent customer service you provide when in reality you don't.Do you want me to publish all the abusive emails you sent me when I dared to complain about the rubbish product I had paid you for and the fact you did nothing at all about it once Ronnie had left?

On the subject of 'get out clauses',who continually repeats on here that SKY TV 'may be' available on a 90cm dish when you know damn well it can't.And you dare to accuse people of not being transparant.

Fortunately you are transparant and folk can see straight through you.

You continually state that you have had the same customers for over 6 years,why not tell us how many have left you as well,or would that be embarrasing?

DoctorW

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 171 in Discussion

erolz

Jackslad is clearly someone who knows what he is talking about, rather than the 'one post' wonders who turn up to give an endorsement and vanish into the ether never to be seen or heard of again.

I am sure that most of us will appreciate his continuing contributions.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 23:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 171 in Discussion

msg 120 washerman says "erolz.....listen, I'm flattered that you pay so much attention to what I say and 'really' flattered that you 'try' to disagree with everything that I say."

Interesting then that your comments in this thread came AFTER I posted, that I had decided to try out the service and your post starts off with an implication about me posting for an 'ulterior motive' based on things that were at best grossly misleading and at worse just plain lies. How crazy then for me to disagree !

washermna says "I think that your 'independent by-stander' cover is 'well' and 'truly' blown by now !"

What you think or say you think and reality are not the same thing. It is a FACT that I have no personal commercial interest in internet provision here in TRNC as it is a FACT that you do. It is a FACT that I had a long provable record as a respected and credible consumer advocate in the UK on internet access issues. There are facts and there is 'what you think'.

Jackslad

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 00:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman: I started my post by saying that I was new to the Forum. I went on to say that I had 40 years' experience in the field. I think this states my qualification adequately, and that you've done yourself no favours by attacking me.You claim experience of the field; does that precede your time in the TRNC or did you start in telecomms when you moved out here?

Erolz: I am aware of CUT through David Philips: given that it was endorsed by Tim Berners-Lee (the father of the internet!) gives all its members huge kudos.

I already know whose opinion I put more store by.

kbasat

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 00:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 171 in Discussion

I do have a Bsc degree in Computer Science from PennState University(USA) with approx 8 years of hands on experience with wireless and networking. Regardless, I should point out that the product multimax is offering is not the result of one man's skill or experience, we have a group of experienced officials combined with a young team of newly trained and motivated group of people who is making all of this possible.

I am not really posting here to get involved in mindless quarrels but rather trying to make sure that nobody is mislead into anything. If you browse through this thread, you will see that everyone who has tried our service is very happy, and I already offered anybody who prefers a no risk monthly test account. I dont think there is anything else to say in this matter.

ps. washerman, I am really insulted that our 4Mbps service is being compared to a competitor's 1Mbps for the same price. if you really tried both services, you would find this as funny as I did...

K.

Jackslad

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 00:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 171 in Discussion

Thank you gentlemen; I now consider this topic closed as far as information is concerned. If you want to carry on insulting each other, please go ahead, but without my participation.

Kbasat, i will be calling your office in the morning for a trial.

Erolz, thank you for your insight into the current state of internet provision in the TRNC. Your conclusions seem to accord with mine.

Washerman, I'm sorry, as I don't know you, but I really think you need to raise your game and learn the technicalities of internet provision in the 21st century, rather than relying on what you were told years ago. It's a fast-moving field that requires you to relearn your subject regularly. I started in radio and moved through teleprinters to data transmission and fibre optics. I am now published internationally on matters relating to the internet. Your question as to my credibility therefore gave me a good laugh. Have you moved on from Wi-Fi?

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 00:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 171 in Discussion

jackslad that would ber David Philips then of AOL UK I assume ? AOL were of great help to us in the CUT days and something that is not mentioned in the wiki article, is that the meeting we secured with Patriciat Hewitt (which I was the CUT representative for btw) was made all the more powerful because we chose to take along with us the then head of regulatory affairs for AOL UK. For a minister hearing an argument from either a consumer group representative, or from big business, seperately is one thing. Having representatives of BOTH sitting in front of her both making the same arguments really created traction on the issue in a big way.

As for the endorsement of Tim Berners Lee for CUT, that was not something I was personaly involved in but it was great to get it in terms of the campaing. For me an even bigger thrill was getting to meet and speak with and have dinner with Vint Cerf via my post CUT work with CUT's sucsessor ABC. [cont]

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 128 of 171 in Discussion

Whilst Tim Berners Lee was the father of the world wide web, Vint Cerf was on of the true fathers of the internet as a whole, right back to its arpanet days. A true colossus on the internet for me and having the oprtuinity ot have meet him and discussed issues with him remains a high point of my life. I still carry around his business card that he gave me to this day, like some kind of groupy for a pop star.

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 00:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 129 of 171 in Discussion

And now having brought up all these memories of those times and having mentioned Vint Cerf I feel compelled to mention a couple of other names that were massively influencial on me in a much more material way than a one of meeting with Vint Cerf. I know it will be used as fodder in the future to attack me personaly on the basis of 'name dropping' but I do not care. The first would be David Isenberg, someone we 'discovered' at CUT through his still seminal work 'the stupid network' and who went to become a massive influence on me personaly and my understadning of modern, packet switched networks vs the old world circuit switched ones of yore, technically and personaly and someone I would like to think of as a friend, despite not having had contact with him for a number of years now. The second person would be Malcolm Matson, the visionary behind COLT communications and another person that had a massive influence on my understading of data networks and the ptotential of fibre [cont]

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 00:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 130 of 171 in Discussion

sounds to me as if washerman is getting rattled !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 00:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 131 of 171 in Discussion

and someone I am proud to call friend and am honoured is to this day on my list of 'linked in' contacts.

As I say I know I will now be attacked for 'boasting' and 'name dropping' as sure as night follows day, yet for the previous years I have participated on this forum I did no such thing despite opportunites to do so. So why now ? Well you just need to look at absurd accusations and implications against me and my personal intergity by a certain poster and how the thread developed from there is what I will say. Never before have I felt the need, confident that my statements and assertions would be judged and stand or fall on their own merits and were nothing to do with my personal background and contacts and experience.

Jackslad

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 01:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 132 of 171 in Discussion

Getting back to the point of the thread, I think we have established that Multimax is not a scam,that they really do provide what they claim, and that the owner has a proven track record in internet provision in the TRNC.

Oh, and that he offers a no-risk trial for his service.

An apparently independent expert has said that he will monitor their service, while a competitor has insulted everyone involved in the thread.

@Mods: Thread closed, or should we amuse ourselves watching them flail at each other?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 133 of 171 in Discussion

Why should the thread be closed... ?!

It's taken an interesting turn and I'm learning about ErolZ past and wondering if our paths crossed MORE than once without us knowing it....

Hey, ERolZ did you ever 'tinker' with 'Locusts' ?!

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 01:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 134 of 171 in Discussion

MM I did for a while. The connection with what we did with CUT and the whole 'community network' movement was very real. Whilst I personally did not try an implement anything with locust boxes, I was aware of and had contact with several groups and indviduals who did. I did have one such box to play around with for a while, unless I ma confusing it with another of the many such similar efforts.

Jackslad

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 01:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 135 of 171 in Discussion

6ms: I suggested that the thread be closed because (in my opinion, though I am not a moderator) the subject had been addressed.

I too am fascinated by Erolz's history, but feel that it should be addressed in its own thread. After all, anyone looking for information on Erolz would not automatically look in a thread entitled "Multimax internet - a real company or a scam?"

BTW, why do we automatically assume that anything that is better than we already have is a scam? I'm as guilty as the next person, but I really don't know why, so I'm going to break the habits of a lifetime and trust someone I don't know. In this case it's kbasat.

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 01:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 136 of 171 in Discussion

Jackslad I am no different. If this service had required an expensive install or a min 12 month contract I would not be trying it now and would only have considerd trying it, possibly, at the end of my previous connections expiry in dec. However given a 'mere' 50TL (+kdv) and one month sub, (I wasnt offered any 'money back guarantee' ), I thought it was worth a punt and having taken the punt I reported back here as it was here I first heard about the service.

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 06:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 137 of 171 in Discussion

First of all "Multimax internet - a real company or a scam?" - I didn't start this thread.

My first input was message 13 in which I offered a personal opinion based on my experience. I have been accused of many things in this thread, none of which are true.

I just love the way that everyone get's excited when I post and line up behind each other to take a swing - don't worry, I can take it !

I haven't insulted anyone - show me where !

Jackslad suddenly pops up from nowhere to prompt erolz into giving us a history lesson about the internet.

I write my own stuff, I don't copy and paste from Wike'

Despite the agitated mutterings of a few, I tried to have a proper conversation with Kemal, but the crowd, yet again couldn't control themselves adn interrupted to try and whip up something from nothing.

Multimax is 'quite clearly' not a scam and that was a stupid title for thr thread.

There are serious doubt in my mind as to whether what they promise can be delivered...............

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 06:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 138 of 171 in Discussion

......to large numbers of customers and serious doubts as to whether the amount of bandwidth required to support their claims is deliverable to the TRNC.

IMHO this is a just a marketing ploy which Multimax are entitled to do - they are giving a best effort promise to 'try' and deliver 10 Mbps for 150TL per month, but as their website states -

"*All speeds indicated are optimum connection speeds without a guarantee."

"WITHOUT A GUARANTEE"

As far as internet is concerned - most potential customers consider that, if you make a promise, for it to be a genuine claim, you should deliver to the 'max' capability for 75-80% of the time - not unreasonable !

The sales patter is now probably more in line with the UK and rest of Europe, but unfortunately, it doesn't follow that the speed of the internet is suddenly comparable !

As I have said, I have no reason to doubt the integrity of Kemal - like me, he has his shirt sleeves rolled up and idigging at the coal face unlike the armchair.......

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 07:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 139 of 171 in Discussion

*is digging

commentators - who, it seems, are best left to reminisce about their achievments from a by-gone era.

There are many reports on the internet concerning the 'under-performance' of ISPs in relation to the speeds that they quote, but have a look at this Sky News article http://news.sky.com/home/business/article/15943478

"Firms Rapped Over Broadband Speed Ads"

"Ofcom has called for Internet Service Providers (ISP) to advertise the actual speed customers are likely to achieve at home as opposed to maximum speeds."

The unfortunate thing here is that, we seem to be going down the same road as the UK, because for the rest of the ISPs to compete, they are more or, less, forced to follow suit and make similar claims and there is already evidence that one of them is doing so. Eventually, all the ISPs will be making the same 'claims' - to stay in business, they will have to.

As an independent agent, all that we can do is to just carry on supplying excellent customer service

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 09:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 140 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman msg 137 "My first input was message 13 in which I offered a personal opinion based on my experience."

No washerman what you did first in that post was make 'suggestions' about me having an 'ulterior motive' for my assesment of the connection. A deliberate and calculated attack on my personal integrity. Not the first time you have done this either.

Washerman "most potential customers consider that"

How can you possibly know what most potential customers consider ? Only a fool would consider they were being hard done by if they end up with a connection that is faster on average than their existing one and costs less money as well. You constantly ignore this and focus only on how much less it might be vs its max potetnital. Why is that washerman ?

[cont]

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 141 of 171 in Discussion

erolz..............I said:

"A few comments, for complete transparency, you should have told everyone that you used to work with the owners of this new internet start-up when they were at Ayzanet (ADMITTED) because, when people find out later, they (THEY) may (MAY) think that you didn't mention it because you have an ulterior motive.

This was my advice to you and NOT an attack on your integrity. I can't help it or, do anything about it if you see it that way !

"How can I know what a potential customer may consider ?"

Simple ! Because I spend everyday talking to them (in quantity) and furthermore, it's just common sense. The same as if a customer buys a pint of milk, they expect to get a pint, not 1/2 a pint - common sense !

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 09:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 142 of 171 in Discussion

As for your "The unfortunate thing here is that, we seem to be going down the same road as the UK,"

In the UK average speeds have been steadily increasing and the cost per average MB has be steadily decreasing month on month. You ignore how multimax is trying to get TRNC internet access on this kind of curve, and describe this as 'unfortunate', again focusing on only one thing, the gap between max potential speed and actual average speed.

The reality of the gap between max potential speed and average actual speed is first and foremost a function of increasing max potetntial speeds. That is the faster internet connection get the larger this gap also gets. When the UK was only offering connections of 1 and 2 Mbs the gap was smaller much smaller.

The bottom line remains - if a company can and does deliver higher average speeds to customers for less money than its competitors then it has a compelling service, regardless of the gap between that average speed and its max potential

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 143 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman when I singed up to try this service I did not even know who was behind it. It was only when it was installed I discovered it was Kemal. Weasel words like 'they' and 'may' do NOT change the clear intent of your post. You clearly suggest that I was not reporting an honest unbiased opinion in your message, something you have done before, and it was clearly your intent to create this impression. A fair and honest description would be back in 2004 I offerd unpaid help to ayza net, as I have done to other companines in the past, not I used to work with them.

Washerman says "The same as if a customer buys a pint of milk, they expect to get a pint, not 1/2 a pint - common sense !"

Absolute nonsense washerman. A more relaistic anaology would be someoe buying a car with a max ptotential top speed of 180 Kph feeling cheated because they can not average that speed.

If as a customer you end up getting more for less, then it is a good deal - that is common sense.

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 144 of 171 in Discussion

erolz............stating the obvious, as usual !

Last year, a 1Mbps connection in the TRNC was 801TL, this year it is 765TL, before Multimax ever entered the fray. It has been happening in spite of them, not because of them !

I am not going to deal with declarations from you that begin with 'IF' - I just haven't got time.

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 145 of 171 in Discussion

erolz........."A fair and honest description would be back in 2004 I offerd (sic) unpaid help to ayza net"

(Shorter version, easier to understand) "you worked with them !"

I made the bottle of milk analogy to demonstrate 'common sense' - Right End (STICK) Wrong End

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 146 of 171 in Discussion

And now multimax is offering such a service for 500TL.

You do not deal with anything you want to ignore, weather it begins with IF or not. Does the bottle of milk you used in your perjorative and misleading analogy say 'conatins up to 1 pint' ?

The fact remains washermn that you have a vested commercial interest in multimaxs competitors, yet your first post tries to create an impression that I, with no commercial interest in internet provision in the TRNC, was posting from an ulterior motive. Your 'opinions' on multimax, that focus almost entirely on possible negatives and future possible problems and ignores the positives, are shaped and driven by your own commercial self interest as far as I can see.

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 147 of 171 in Discussion

erolz.............Now, I am going to duck out of this conversation because I have things to do today and anyway, you are starting to come over as being a bit agitated. There really is no need !

I offered some independent advice and personal opinion which under normal circumstances would have been read once and forgotten, but in the circumstances, thanks for bringing it to the forefront of reader's minds and keeping it there for so long !

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 148 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman 'worked with them' implies commerical interest, that just is not true. You then compound this intentful attempt to decive by stating I was at a meeting (2004) as their representative, again just not true.

To see how clearly your post was intended to mislead and create fales and negative impressions aboput me as a poster, you only have to look at the difference between saying 'Erolz worked with several ISP compaines, in an upaid role' and 'erolz worked with Ayza Net'. THe former is a much more honest description of the facts, the latter a much better way to create an impression that my views on multimax were biased and based on commercial relationship.

You milk bottle analolgy is fundamentaly flawed and clearly so. It is not designed to create better understanding but is designed to create perjorative perceptions.

Still you ignore the common sense of 'geting more for less' is good, and focus only on maybe getting less than max all the time. Why Washerman ?

flawww

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 149 of 171 in Discussion

I didn't see washerman confessing/admitting working for eXtend (which is true as compared to the allegation Erol worked for Ayzanet). I wonder if all the fuss here is because he's related to another ISP and that's why he's bound to criticize.

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 150 of 171 in Discussion

erolz..........I know very little about you and as far as I am concerned, that is the way that it will stay.

I can only say what I know and in this case, that is what happened - what I said was correct ! - you worked with them ! How you interpret it what I said is up to you.

"My car is gold coloured" - Washerman

"My car is gold coloured" - it's not red, not green, not blue, not yellow or, purple ! etc. etc. etc. - Erolz

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 151 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman I offer an honest opinion of a place to buy a TV based on my own personal recent purchase of one, when a poster asks for such, and you immidately suggest my opinion is not an honest one but comes from an ulterior motive. I do the same with an internt connection here and again you suggest my post is from an ulterior motive. You assert as fact untrue claims about me on the forum (that I masqueraded as another poster to do a 'hatchet job' and damage a business). You create entire threads full of 'mystery' suggesting I was involved in offering commercial 2 way sat systems, via a UK company that went bust and many people lost out as a result - again entirely untrue and not based on any factual reality. You do all this and wonder why I get 'agitiated' with such behaviour ?

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 152 of 171 in Discussion

flaww............not "bound" more like "allowed" and by the way, I don't work for eXtend and I didn't say that Erolz worked "for", I said "with" and I didn't criticise, I offered a personal opinion

So many errors in so few words - you need a new script writer

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 153 of 171 in Discussion

erolz.......off topic !

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 154 of 171 in Discussion

flaww every post washerman makes here regarding internet access or sat TV provision is driven by his own vested commercial interest. That alone would not be a problem for me. Where things get out of hand is the attacks on indivduals like me as a person and their personal integrity, based on suggestion, inplication and in some cases down right defamatroy lies. In my opinion he clearly makes these attacks because of vested personal commercial interest of his and the totaly incorrect notion he has that doing so benefits these interests. Not only are the attacks unfair, biased, motivated by commercial interest I beleive they actualy damage his commercial interests and not helps them.

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 155 of 171 in Discussion

Washerman it is not off topic to look at your systematic recent history of trying to undermine my credibility and honesty and integrity as a poster here, when you do so again in this thread and then try and deny you are doing so.

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 156 of 171 in Discussion

In my experience of using this forum, I have learned a number of things, here are three of them:

1. If someone jumps to help someone out in a debate, it's usually, because they feel that they are losing it and need help.

2. When someone keeps going on and on and on, it's usually, because they feel that they haven't been convincing enough in the debate.

3. Someone with a chip on their shoulder never gives up

Whist I am out at work, why don't you add some of your own See you later

erolz

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 10:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 157 of 171 in Discussion

And you accuse me of going off topic !

Would that be going to 'work' as in helping others for no personal gain or profit, or would that be 'work' as in making money for yourself ?

Have you ever though how 1 and 2 from your list might apply to yourself ?

Do you recall telling me, face to face, that your objective on threads where people are challenging you or your services or what you say, was to create so much confusion that no one can possibly know what is true or not in the end ?

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 158 of 171 in Discussion

erolz...............both !

During the day I work legally making money for myself (and family) and at night (take tonight for example) I work for no personal gain or, profit to help raise money for charity ! Problem ?

Expat Band in BIG Trouble - Catalkoy Octopus Water Park bails them out:

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/69294.asp

erolz.............believe me, you don't need any help creating confusion

flawww

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 159 of 171 in Discussion

" flaww............not "bound" more like "allowed" and by the way, I don't work for eXtend and I didn't say that Erolz worked "for", I said "with" and I didn't criticise, I offered a personal opinion

So many errors in so few words - you need a new script writer "

U r probably right. I am bad at making up stories ... and throwing accusations ;)

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 160 of 171 in Discussion

flawww.................I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply that I gave earlier (Message 156-1)

Becky123

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 02:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 161 of 171 in Discussion

What about SKY TV? That`s what I say.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 02:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 162 of 171 in Discussion

re msg 160

>>erolz.............believe me, you don't need any help creating confusion<<

you mean like jumping in on an accusation ( that ErolZ was posting using the id HCLOman) proven groundless ... or 'trying' to suggest some sort of association between ErolZ and I ?

'Washerman' - these are but two of increasingly desperate fibs you've perpetrated to discredit ANYONE who has agreed with me.

I could have gone on but let's see you address these two for now... there are SO many more that demonstrate who posts nonsense to 'sink' threads...

Spike

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 02:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 163 of 171 in Discussion

British TCs up to their ears in nepotism and toadying - never

islandgirl

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 164 of 171 in Discussion

Anyway, can I have some Multimax contact details please, seem to be worth looking in to.

When I signed up with extend I was sold a 1/2 megabite connection also not guaranteed I seem to remember it being "contended" and as I understood at the time it was when things were busy it may well be slower. I cannot see how anyone could guarantee a speed anyway, if it is coming from somewhere slow there is no control surely?

When I first joined there were some problems, I was able to communicate directly by e-mail with Kemal Basat and he was helpful and courteous, another reason to go to Multimax I suppose. Having looked into various TV systems here and decided to stick with freeview and downloads the extra band width would certainly be helpful.

flawww

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 165 of 171 in Discussion

Here's some info from another thread! ;))

"Hello,

We are currently offering 1Mbit (50TL/m+VAT), 2Mbit (70TL/+VAT), 4Mbit (90TL/m+VAT) and 10Mbit (150TL/m+VAT). No usage limitations on any of the packages.

There is currently a no strings attached 1 month trial options for new customers (you pay for 1 month + 50TL activation and if you are not happy you can discontinue our service), no binding contracts.

4Mbit and 10Mbit packages also have a deal on yearly payment option with 700TL+VAT and 1200TL+VAT respectively, with NO activation charge. All other packages have 50TL activation charge, one time.

There is no installation fee.

You can visit our Kyrenia Office next to Karakum Lemar or call our branch manager, Mudasser, 0548 8700226.

Hope to be working with you,

Kemal"

erolz

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 166 of 171 in Discussion

Hi islandgirl

You can contact mulimax on 444 6629 phone number. They have a website here http://www.mmcyp.com/index.php/en/

You are right no internet service provider can guarantee connection speeds. You can pay for a guartanteed dedicated (non contented) connection from an ISP to the internet, but once it is 'out' onto the internet it is no longer under the direct control of that ISP and thus guarantees can not be given. Also such a dedicated connection will cost anywhere from 20 to 50 times that of a normal contended (shared) one, or more.

kbasat

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 167 of 171 in Discussion

You can also contact our girne office directly, 0548 870 0226 and speak to our branch manager, Mudasser.

Kemal

Multimax

dan3006

Message Posted:
06/08/2011 11:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 168 of 171 in Discussion

do you need a land line in the villa to get this internet service?

Groucho

Message Posted:
06/08/2011 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 169 of 171 in Discussion

No Dan it's a wireless offering hence their need to set up base stations.

dan3006

Message Posted:
06/08/2011 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 170 of 171 in Discussion

and you can pay monthly? no 12 month contracts

erolz

Message Posted:
06/08/2011 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 171 of 171 in Discussion

yes dan, you can pay monthly. On the 4mbs and 10mbs services there is a discout if you choose to pay yearly but you do not have to. Nor is there an expensive installation charge, just a 50TL + KDV charge.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.