North Cyprus Tourist Board - Regular ferries from North Cyprus to Syria
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Regular ferries from North Cyprus to Syria

Regular ferries from North Cyprus to Syria

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

davidoff

Message Posted:
27/09/2007 12:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 41 in Discussion

Hi all,

I have read a few articles recently about the planned regular ferry trips from syria to NC ??

Although there seems to be a few conflicting stories as to whether this is true or not??

Also ROC have confronted syria about this and obviously are demanding answers from syria about this??

As obviously ROC will try to block it and veto it as usual??

They have also told syria that if they do this it will harm their relationships with syria??

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENING HERE?? True or not??

Will post the link later- have to find it again!!

See ya D

davidoff

Message Posted:
27/09/2007 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 41 in Discussion

Hi all,

Heres one link but if you google" planned ferry trips from trnc to syria" there are quite a few other articles aswell!!

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/news/main.php?id=34903&cat_id=1

See ya D

ukturk

Message Posted:
27/09/2007 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 41 in Discussion

hi there guys just got back to turkey from cyprus was there for 2 weeks lovely time, even went over to the greek side to check out my mums old town skella which is now called larnaca, while i was there i was watching brt and it is true the ferry starting the first week of oct in conjunction with bayram (the end of ramadan) plus everybody is talking about it

The thing that is kicking up a storm thou is that south cyprus and greece are complaining because syria is now reconising north cyprus. And the reason to this is because greece has or should i say had good relations with syria for the pure fact that syria did not have good relations with turkey because of recent history between turkey and syria and syria is bordering with turkey which goes back to the good old grek saying 'An enemy of my enemies is our friend!!!'

sorry to go all political

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
27/09/2007 15:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 41 in Discussion

Hi ukturk

You are a good person to have around. You know so much about what his happening both 'politically' and about 'day to day living' in the TRNC

dodger

Message Posted:
27/09/2007 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 41 in Discussion

uturk,

how long do you think it will be before the greeks block the ferry crossings like they have done on previous occasions.

ukturk

Message Posted:
27/09/2007 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 41 in Discussion

hi all

ilovecyprus thank you for your kind words!!!

the greeks cant exactly block it as long as these crossings keep in the economic exclusive zone (which i have explained in full in a previous post)

200mile zone between turkish land and the sea.

it has been said in turkey and cyprus that the greeks will complain to the e.u but they cant do anything (because turkey is not a member state) just aplly a bit of presure about their e.u membership the same as the oil dispute just recently. in my view turkey and north cyprus are just exploring other diffrent buisness interests as a contingency plan to e.u membership

dodger

Message Posted:
27/09/2007 23:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 41 in Discussion

sory uk turk never saw your previous post just going by what i read in yesterdays cyprus mail think its great news that syria are recognising trnc one small step i know but every little helps.

davidoff

Message Posted:
27/09/2007 23:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 41 in Discussion

Hi all,

I have heard that syria , NC and turkey are good allies?

So I hope they stay that way as Im sure ROC will rock the boat on this one yet again?? I mean theyve already started DEMANDING ANSWERS etc!!

So we can expect a veto within 5-7 days max I reacon!!!

Maybe we should set up a wager??? The winner gets a free round of drinks from all the looser when we all meet up in NC for a pub crawl next year- what do you think??

See ya D

I have also read some other artcles recently on that dreaded topix site about UEFA and FIFA- Are trying to figure out how to achieve including trnc in matches!!

dodger

Message Posted:
28/09/2007 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 41 in Discussion

watch this spae regarding the ferry crossings davidoff but what a boost to all concernd it would be if the north could join the south to form one football team,dont you think that sport should remain seperate from politics(pub crawl sounds a good idea though)

ukturk

Message Posted:
28/09/2007 00:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 41 in Discussion

dodger i think it is great news and you are right one small step forward is beter than 2 steps back!!!!

yes syria,turkey and nc have now got good relations but not in the past but they had to resolve them because syria borders turkey and their is a lot of syrians living in turkey like hatay - iskendurum which is right on the border and they also live in north cyprus if you see a car with a turkish plate that begins with 31 that means they come from these regions

on the football side my friend who lives and plays for yeni bogazici in famagusta (also gongrats to him signed north cyprus's new pro contracts) and also plays for national team said to me the other day they all got memo's all 12 teams in the league on their thoughts of a joint league not national side because fifa say north cyprus is not reconized so cant be involed in national matches

even with sport politics rears it's UGLY head!!!!!

im defo up for that wager but i think a few crawl's are in order not enuf time to discuss all of our views!!!! L.O.L

on a lighter note when my team spurs played f.c famagusta last week i had a giggle the ball boy thew the ball directly in to gc mans crown jewels i managed to track it down on youtube here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7hZTSIbaFw

(i wonder if the ball boy was a turk) only joking!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7hZTSIbaFw

ukturk

Message Posted:
03/10/2007 22:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 41 in Discussion

just to confirm

that crossings between lazkiye syria and famagusta n.cyprus start on friday 12th oct the first day of bayram (celebrations of the end of ramadan) offically said by turgay avc the foreign minister of trnc when in london the other day

like what we all said davidoff - ilovecyprus- dodger, the greek cypriot government made a complaint to the syrian government and to the e.u

(did not take long for them to complain)

he also said they made a complaint about a swimmer's record breaking attempt to swim from cyprus to syria quote

"Whether you walk, run, sing a song, or folkdance in Northern Cyprus, the Greek Cypriot side seem to take issue with it."

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
03/10/2007 23:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 41 in Discussion

Your right ukturk - they love a good old moan. I thought us Brits wre the best moaners but we have met our match

This is an interesting article

http://www.northcyprus.biz/north_cyprus_news.asp

ukturk

Message Posted:
03/10/2007 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 41 in Discussion

moan at least the brits moan about something like the weather in the u.k or the price of that efes in the local bar in the villiage l.o.l

the greek cypriots moan about nothing (i think they like the sound of their own voices)

also i read that article good read but we have all posted the same info and a lot more you see we are more informative than the papers excluding the bull

so i salute you all who have posted usefull - valueable and important on this forum

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
03/10/2007 23:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 41 in Discussion

Thanks ukturk. the pronounciation is so different to English. I think I am getting the hang of it. I will soon find out next week. The true test will be when I start to speak it. Hopefully the locals wont laugh or look dismayed

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
03/10/2007 23:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 41 in Discussion

ooops, posted the above on to the wrong post - please ignore

dodger

Message Posted:
05/10/2007 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 41 in Discussion

is it still on for the ferry to start running on the twelfth of oct?

ukturk

Message Posted:
05/10/2007 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 41 in Discussion

hi dodger

yes mate still on for fri the 12th like i wrote on message 12

you always miss my important posts these days dont you think im fit enuf to be prime minister no more!!!!!

L.O.L only joking mate!!!!!!

dodger

Message Posted:
08/10/2007 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 41 in Discussion

"cyprus gets tough on syria over controversial shipping route" this quote was taken straight from the cyprus financial mail,looks like they could be up to no good again so ******* annoying.

ukturk

Message Posted:
08/10/2007 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 41 in Discussion

you see dodge

exactly what i said to you the turkish cypriots cant even fart without the gc's moaning that was too loud or smelled to much.

you know what it is because s cyprus are now in the e.u club they think they can complain even louder now and hoping any of the other 27 countries will listen

if it dont interfere with you why bother lets just hope when s cyprus have their elections in the new year the opposition get in to power they have been qouted in saying they will take a more understanding and tolerate way of dealing with the north cyprus situation

we can only try to get these monkeys of our backs (figure of speech)

dodger

Message Posted:
08/10/2007 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 41 in Discussion

christ i thought i was annoyed dont forget the photos of 74 ukturk.

ukturk

Message Posted:
09/10/2007 00:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 41 in Discussion

dodge

this is not annoyance this is defiance!!!!!!!! (wow thats is a good saying l.o.l)

im sending them to you now loads of pics

dodger

Message Posted:
09/10/2007 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 41 in Discussion

great pics couldnt view them all though as only certain ones would open due to virus protection,really enjoyed looking at the ones i could though.is larnaka your home town.

dodger

Message Posted:
09/10/2007 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 41 in Discussion

here we go again,

"foreign minister erato kozakov-markouli has given syria until thursday to clarify its position on a planned ferry service between occupied famagusta and latakia" i think that it was this friday that the crossings were due to start after ramadam looks like the greeks are starting to throw their toys out of their prams.

ukturk

Message Posted:
09/10/2007 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 41 in Discussion

hi dodge

larnaka was my mums home town which was called skele when turks lived their before 74 when tensions got bad the family fled to a villiage in famagusta and renamed a villiage to iskele hence where the name comes from

most villiages on the north cyprus side are names of their previous villiage that was on the south side so whenever you see names of villiages which starts off with yeni (new) this means they have renamed their old villiage in the south to be called the new villiage in the north i.e yeni bogazici - yeni erenkoy etc

ukturk

Message Posted:
09/10/2007 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 41 in Discussion

the crossings are defo going ahead because i was speaking to my friend today and his mum and dad have bought tickets on friday to go to syria

so i dont think the syrians are listening to what the gc's have to say even thou they are spiting the dummies out of their mouths

so unless some sort of bad omen happens this will go ahead

but you never know do you lightning defo strikes twice!!!!! especially when it concerns cyprus

dodger

Message Posted:
09/10/2007 23:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 41 in Discussion

hope they do go ahead i mean what harm can it do who do they think they **** are time to make a peaceful stand this could be another step forward,fingers crossed for friday.thanks for the explanation about the word yeni it was confusing me when i was reading place names,i would love to be on that ferry "all aboard the skylark"

davidoff

Message Posted:
10/10/2007 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 41 in Discussion

Hi all,

GREAT NEWS LATEST SYRIA FERRY ARTICLE!!!

ROLL ON FRIDAY ...OR SHOULD I SAY SAIL ON FRIDAY!!

LETS PRAY THAT SYRIA DO NOT BOW TO THE PAPS AND THE ROC LAST MINUTE!!!

YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY IT ONLY TAKES ONE TO START...AND THE REST WILL FOLLOW!!!

SO IF FRIDAY GOES AHEAD AS PLANNED THEN THIS COULD BE THE START OF SOMETHING GOOD FOR NC!!!

http://www.cyprusweekly.com.cy/default.aspx?FrontPageNewsID=304_6

HAPPY READING!!

TAKE CARE-D

davidoff

Message Posted:
10/10/2007 11:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 41 in Discussion

OOPS- DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THERE BUT THE LINK IS WRONG IGNORE IT SORRY!

WILL TRY TO POST AGAIN SOON!

davidoff

Message Posted:
10/10/2007 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 41 in Discussion

OK SECOND TIME LUCKY!!!

FINGERS CROSSED

http://www.topix.com/world/cyprus/2007/10/ferry-link-to-continue-talat

SEE YA D

dodger

Message Posted:
11/10/2007 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 41 in Discussion

according to the press davidoff thre ferry sailed yesterday

ukturk

Message Posted:
12/10/2007 00:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 41 in Discussion

dodge

i found out mate in a turkish newspaper website written in turkish it said on

thursday morn a boat left famagusta to the syrian city of latakia was carrying 50 vip passengers (like i mentioned to u in the other post) in conjunction with the final day of ramadan also it says the first official crossing has been pushed back and will start on oct 18th (just got a tex from my friend his mum got a call thurs morn to tell of the delay)

also i have just found out the reason why the greeks cypriots where kicking up a fuss about because they wanted to start the first crossing from south cyprus to syria but syria chose north cyprus

you can only laff ha-ha-ha

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
12/10/2007 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 41 in Discussion

Whilst talking about politics. Anyone been watching the Turkish and US situation.

The US are going to declare that the Turks have committed genocide of the Armenians at the beginning of the 20th century. The 'economist' says they are declaring this just at a time when Armenian and Turkish relations might be improving.

Erdogan is going to the ministers to get support for military strikes against the Kurds in Iraq territory. The US are strongly against this as this part of Iraq in their opinion is the most stable. The Turks have had several soldiers killed by PKA fighters and the public are demanding retaliation. By the US declaring the Armenian genocide the Turks may feel that it is not warranted to ally with the US.

Any thoughts ukturk?

davidoff

Message Posted:
12/10/2007 01:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 41 in Discussion

Hi all,

If this is the case it sounds like the US are stiring the pot between armenia and turkey to create unrest between them- why???

See ya D

ukturk

Message Posted:
12/10/2007 01:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 41 in Discussion

read tonite that the american congress have pushed thru that turkey did commit genocide to the armenians but bush and his party are strongly against it saying that they see turkey as a ally let me expalin what it is all about

the ottoman empire was falling apart in their 600 year rule all muslems and christians were living together side by side until 1915-17 same time as world war 1 1914-18 which the ottorman armies lost heavley there was unrest in the empire especailly in armenia which turned out to be a civil/religion war amongest all the towns people and hundreds of thousands of people died

the u.s cutting of their nose to spite their face they want to act like they are the top chesse but crossing turkey they cant do because the u.s badly needs turkey as an ally (air bases-sea bases-business and the prize of the middle east. how can turkey be accountable for what happened 90 years ago between christians and muslems thats what happens in religious/cival wars people die especially comin from the u.s the biggest killers

ukturk

Message Posted:
12/10/2007 02:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 41 in Discussion

news just in

the turkish ambassador to Washington has boarded a plane and been recalled back to turkey concerning this vote of genocide bush and his party are trying to smooth things but i know he is scared he will loose access to all army bases around turkey this comes at a time they are asking turkey not to go in to iraq so they can flush out these pkk turkey just want to put a end to these terrorists because everyday in the tukish newspapers it writes more turkish army and civilians killed by suicide bombers when it happens to the u.s or u.k it is ok for the army to go and deal with it but not turkey you know why cos the u.s has made a promise to the pkk to protect them because when the time of the iraq war the u.s provided weapons and sent the kurds to deal with the iraqis supporting saddam which they hated (u.s thinking clever)

lets see what the u.s will when on wed urkey have their vote to send troops in to iraq but turkey has the u.s over a barrell because all food and supplies come thru turkey to supply all the american troops (again the u.s thinking they can dictate without no comebacks) the u.s are running on thin ice with turkey and the u.s has more to loose even thou turkey owe the u.s millions and millions of dollers

ukturk

Message Posted:
12/10/2007 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 41 in Discussion

hi there all i now this a diffrent subject but continuing on what ilc said

reading the turkish newspaper today the kurdish separatists the pkk said they were re-entering turkey to target politicians and police their offical statement read quote

The guerrillas are not moving to the south (northern Iraq); on the contrary they are moving to places in the north," they also said fighters planned to carry out attacks against Turkey's ruling AK Party and the main opposition CHP unless certain conditions were met as well as the police force.

Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan then said his government was prepared to face any international criticism if Turkey launched an attack against some 3,000 PKK rebels who use northern Iraq as a base to attack Turkish targets

so you tell me what is turkey to do with such statement coming from the pkk especially on a day like this 'bayram' a religious holiday

also today concerning the armenia situation u.s secretary of state condoleezza rice called Erdogan to express her disappointment at the U.S. bill, which the White House has tried to stop lets just see what happens on wed when the turkish government will vote on going in to iraq

livethedream

Message Posted:
12/10/2007 20:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 41 in Discussion

Exactly ukturk, it seems the united states' war on terror only applies to them, wonder what they'd do if the pkk were targetting their troops?

davidoff

Message Posted:
12/10/2007 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 41 in Discussion

Hi all,

Just found this it is true- The ferry did sail on Thursday instead of today this week!!!

Maybe nc and syria chose to change the date last minute as cyprus was demanding an answer by thursday- day before they were due to set sail!!

Hope they did this on purpose to annoy PAPS For demanding explanations from syria!!

OH WELL- WHATS DONE IS DONE NOW!!

The future looks bright-the future looks orange!!

See ya D

davidoff

Message Posted:
12/10/2007 21:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 41 in Discussion

OOPS YET AGAIN AFTER ALL THAT FORGOT TO ATTACH THE LINK FOR THE FERRY NEWS!!

HAVING A DIZZY DAY AGAIN!!

http://www.naharnet.com/domino/tn/NewsDesk.nsf/story/0C8A205C24524A03C22573710044C851?OpenDocument

ukturk

Message Posted:
13/10/2007 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 41 in Discussion

hi there davidoff

if you look up the page to message 31 the boat did sail on thursady for part of the last day of ramadan but it was a mixture of vip's politcians and reporters the actual date for the first passenger crossing is the 18th my friends mum and dad got a call saying its been pushed back to this date

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
13/10/2007 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 41 in Discussion

Personally I am very indebted to the Americans, as the profession that I operate in has been enriched by some really incredible US thinkers, far more so than any other country. The US has some fantastically enlightened thinkers, however these wise souls are on the periphery and in my opinion the core of US thinking needs an upgrade badly. They have a real blind side. They can't see their dark shadow.

It is incredible that the US dictate what countries can and cant do when really they have an appalling record themselves. If anyone has a chance watch 'War on democracy' by the New Zealand journalist John Pilger or an incredible Mexican movie called 'Innocent Voices'. It's quite shocking how the US have intervened in South America over the last two decades and South East Asia before that

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.