North Cyprus Tourist Board - Hello..Where are you Gooners (football)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Hello..Where are you Gooners (football)

Hello..Where are you Gooners (football)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

japal

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 01:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 28 in Discussion

UKturk .. you must be loving it.. Same as me.. How co...y can a team get... 4 goals conceded at home. 2 to the good ....ahhh maybe there is a bit of life in the yids yet. Eat your hearts out suckers,you`ve still gotta come down to the `Lane`... and you will be outaa Europe when you do.

ukturk

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 01:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 28 in Discussion

wot a result japal!!!!

im not talking about the draw but the way they never gave up and kept on pressing and if it was not for gomes gifting them a couple of goals it wud have been a winning result lets hope rednapp installs this formula in to the team, and this is supposed to be against a team wanting to win the premireship dont make me laff!!!!

wheres all the jokes now gonners!!!!! must of made you sick that ur ex player scores the goal of the season!!!!

japal

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 01:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 28 in Discussion

Any of you gooners wanna buy a Betamax video....... hahaahaa

japal

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 01:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 28 in Discussion

yeah UKtUrk, I dont think you can blame gomes for 2 goals,maybe 1 ( 1 was down to Hutton) but a goalie needs to be confident with his defence( hence why I think he comes off his line to punch). But when Harry sorts out the defenders, I think you might see a more confident keeper. Gotta start playing 2 up front tho

Groucho

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 06:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 28 in Discussion

They are playing like a totally different team... To have the determination and fight in them to keep their heads up and get this fantastic result is testament to to a new mindset... Harry will be King of White Hart Lane if this keeps up (and they do).

goonerstan

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 08:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 28 in Discussion

you get a lucky draw, and think you have won champion,s league, you deluded spuds , your still bottom of league, championship bekons,

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 28 in Discussion

Harry for Manager of the Year!

Coachie

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 28 in Discussion

Goonerstan...You might think it was lucky but the game isnt over till the bloke in the middle blows the whistle.When was the last time Arsenal conceded 4 goals at home..Sounds if Mr Wenger will be issuing a few b......ings today......

tinker

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 28 in Discussion

Just heard arry's bid for 2 chinese players...

Wee Wun Won & How lon sin

Tinker

ukturk

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 28 in Discussion

gs

how can you say we got a lucky draw, its called a fighting spirit something your team shud learn to kill of games which they are controlling does hull or fulham or even sunderland spring to mind and this is from a team who supposed to be challenging for the premireship dont make me laff lol!!!!!

and the reason why we were all celebrating is because once again we put one over you lot in your back yard and who was the last team to put 4 past u lot at home?? and if you dont think that was important why was mr wegner on his hands and knees smacking the ground and gallas near enuf in tears!!!! lol

and to add salt into the wound ur ex player who wegner said was not good enuf scored the goal of the season if not ever in the premireship and another one modric who he said was too lightweight run your defence ragged in his new found postion!!!!

i cant see any one coming out with their jokes today relegation ohh please!!!

ukturk

japal

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 28 in Discussion

totally agre uktuk msge 10..............funniest thing since seaman got lobbed (the first time) (was that not by anex-spur). Amd Mr Wenger on his hands and kneess... lol lol lol

Coachie

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 15:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 28 in Discussion

japal..Do you tkink groucho is hiding after that result. Seemed quite adamant that Arsenal were going to wallop the Spurs..Funny old game,football isnt it....

japal

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 28 in Discussion

Hiding????? there`s more chance of finding Lord Lucan than an Arsenal suppoter

IZITD

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 28 in Discussion

I'm here, an Arsenal fan who was at the game...You will need to go a long way to find a better post than Japal’s in highlighting the huge gulf between the two clubs and so called ‘rivals’. Frothing at the mouth with uncontrollable excitement in achieving a draw only confirms the status of Spurs currently.

Credit where credits due, it was a very good fight back and did show the character needed from a team firmly rooted at the BOTTOM in attempting to haul themselves out of another mess.

You haven’t beaten Arsenal for nearly 10 years (a shocking statistic) in the league so why would we worry about coming to the Lane particularly because you’ve now managed a draw? I mean, we’ll get equally tough matches at most northern grounds.

In all honesty, it must be very difficult to live in the shadow of your geographical rivals in light of Arsenal’s success in the last 20 years – I say geographical because it’s only historical rivalry as you have not been a competitive match on the pitch for

IZITD

Message Posted:
30/10/2008 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 28 in Discussion

I'm here, an Arsenal fan who was at the game...You will need to go a long way to find a better post than Japal’s in highlighting the huge gulf between the two clubs and so called ‘rivals’. Frothing at the mouth with uncontrollable excitement in achieving a draw only confirms the status of Spurs currently.

Credit where credits due, it was a very good fight back and did show the character needed from a team firmly rooted at the BOTTOM in attempting to haul themselves out of another mess.

You haven’t beaten Arsenal for nearly 10 years (a shocking statistic) in the league so why would we worry about coming to the Lane particularly because you’ve now managed a draw? I mean, we’ll get equally tough matches at most northern grounds.

In all honesty, it must be very difficult to live in the shadow of your geographical rivals in light of Arsenal’s success in the last 20 years – I say geographical because it’s only historical rivalry as you have not been a competitive match on the pitch for

IZITD

Message Posted:
31/10/2008 00:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 28 in Discussion

prt2 contin...not been a competitive match on the pitch for us in years.

In fact, someone has just pointed out that you haven't beaten Arsenal at home for nearly 15 years (!) so I'm not sure how 'you have put one over on us in our own back yard again' ????

Strange statement but then that sums up the difference between the teams and the fans. Only a win is considered a result at Arsenal at any ground in the world, nothing more will do.

Enjoy your draw, you did earn it.

Ady99

Message Posted:
31/10/2008 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 28 in Discussion

Izitd - how bitter are you???

From a Manchester United season ticket holder, well done Spurs!!!

You will be a different team under Harry Redknapp.

IZITD

Message Posted:
31/10/2008 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 28 in Discussion

Read the post again, I gave credit where it was due but pointed out a few FACTS. I'n my case, wounded but never bitter. If the game had a another two minutes left they may have won, in which case I probably would have been in need of oxygen! Getting a draw against your so called main rivals should not be a cause for euphoria but hey, in their position, maybe it is...

IZITD

Message Posted:
31/10/2008 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 28 in Discussion

You guy's may have already seen this but very, very funny!

May need to copy and paste in your internet browser but brilliant indeed. http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid958992159?bctid=1887841049

ukturk

Message Posted:
31/10/2008 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 28 in Discussion

hi

izitd im not sure you know this but a fighting spirit and never say die mentality is a trait that is needed in any football team not just the ones at the bottom of the league also the ones at the top!!! this is something your team shud learn too many times your team have not killed of the game and shut up shop does the sunderland and fulham and even hull game come to mind !!!!

like it or not, not many teams can come to your stadium put 4 past you and to score 2 goals in 5 mins and this is coming from a bottom of the table team so i wonder what will hapen when top of the table teams will play you and the gonners are supposed to be title contenders dont make me laff your club has never been the same since david dein was pushed out!!!! and your club can only dream of having a transfer kitty like spurs instead on relying on your kids and your paper thin squad with no depth thats why once again you will win nothing this season is that the 4th season on the trot lol

cont

japal

Message Posted:
02/11/2008 07:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 28 in Discussion

izitd, There is nothing embarrassing about losing to Stoke 2-1 and having a player sent off. The same thing happened a couple of weeks ago with another team.lol. Hull, Stoke, seems you lot lose to the same teams as the yids. Except we aint lost to fulham and liverpool. lmho

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
02/11/2008 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 28 in Discussion

What is it about football? Why does it arouse so much passion in so called intelligent people? Are there not more important things in life to get passionate about?

AJ

Coachie

Message Posted:
02/11/2008 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 28 in Discussion

goonerstan ..looks like that lighning did strike twice after all or was Arsenal feeling in a benevolent mood,thinking they would help us poor relations up here in the Potteries with apresent of three points....What you say stan...

newlad

Message Posted:
02/11/2008 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 28 in Discussion

Alsancack,

Alot of people see football as a release from the rigours and worries of everyday life,

Paul.

goonerstan

Message Posted:
03/11/2008 06:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 28 in Discussion

hi coachie, yes it looks like the curse struck again , two long throws two goals crap defending again, going foward we are the best , lets hope in jan he spends some dosh , bring on fenner on wend and m/ure on sat

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
03/11/2008 07:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 28 in Discussion

good point A.J

i love football ,dont know why ...in my blood perhaps as a kid .

i dont see formula 1 as a passion ,yet lots do .

the job im in ive had dozens of invites to f1 all over europe on corporate days/weekends and ive allways turned thme down .

people thought i was mad .

yesterday i watched f1 for first time ,and watched most of the race .

allthough a bit bored when lewis was on last lap i thought it was ok .

do you watch/like any sport ?

kav

IZITD

Message Posted:
03/11/2008 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 28 in Discussion

UK Turk, agreed about the fightback and spirit. Would even agree with regards to Dein. Any knowledgeable Arsenal fan knows since the invincible team (you know, the one that one the championship at the lane...) we are fighting for champ league places only but that'll do me fine. No one has a divine right to win trophies and I've seen us win them all apart from Champ league which looks forever unlikely anyway. Don’t get me wrong, would love to win it but we're not Man U so no big deal there. I'm happy with our lot.

IZITD

Message Posted:
03/11/2008 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 28 in Discussion

Believe me, there is nothing that Spurs have that I dream of wanting (still amused at that comment now; haha) Your welcome to your pot of money and your Darren Bents. I'll take the memories of last 20+ years and be content. I'm semi retired now in going and only interesting in taking my son; had some incredible times at football and unlikely to be bettered in the near future. However, if you win the Champ league then it's likely I'll move to siberia!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.