North Cyprus Tourist Board - Procedure for importing pets from the south to north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Procedure for importing pets from the south to north cyprus

Procedure for importing pets from the south to north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

lee88

Message Posted:
22/06/2011 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Hi,

Does anyone know of any proceedure for bringing pets up from the south? I am currently living in Doha, Qatar and I am looking to relocate to N.Cyprus later this year and i am having problems finding an airline which can take my dog and cat directly into the north. I have spojken with Turkish airlines and they are stating they cant take them because they are over 6kg.

thanks ;-)

daisythedog

Message Posted:
29/06/2011 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

lee88 - suprised no one has answered your post, if you can get the animals to larnaca in the south as long as you have the correct paperwork for them you can get import licences for the north and transport them over the border.

turkish airlines probably said no due to length of flight time to Istanbul and then transit time for Ercan flight.

you could probably fly KLM to Instanbul then change to Turkish to Ercan but would be difficult and costly.

If you want more info please post reply and I'll give you my email address.

Smiffies

Message Posted:
29/06/2011 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Hi

Unless procedures have changed recently, we brought our dog into the TRNC from Dubai last May - Emirates to Istanbul and then Turkish Airlines into Ercan - she weighed 9 kilos then - it wasn't a a problem. I can give you the contact details of the agent in Istanbul who dealt with the import and export if you require it?

Regards

Smiffies

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.