North Cyprus Tourist Board - Glasses new lenses wanted for old frames can this be done in Kyrenia
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Glasses new lenses wanted for old frames can this be done in Kyrenia

Glasses new lenses wanted for old frames can this be done in Kyrenia

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

Sylvia

Message Posted:
23/06/2011 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

I have a friend coming over to TRNC she is wanting to have new lense put in her old glasses frames, is this possible and would it be more expensive than the UK, any information appreciated.

crofter

Message Posted:
23/06/2011 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Contact Canada Optics who are now opposite Lemar [the one near the Harley Davidson shop]. They did mine but cannot remember how much they cost. It will depend on whether your friend wants all 'singing and dancing' or just a basic lense.

Hope this helps.

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
23/06/2011 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

I use Akay Optics and have used by same titanium frames for the past 8 years. New lenses are not a problem, even bi-focal and varifocal.

Ask first at both places for costs. One of my friends got new frames at Canada Optics and they were only painted somehow, the paint was coming off onto her face. Best to use your own good quality frames I think.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
23/06/2011 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

My husband took his frames to the optician opposite the dome but it was a lot more expensive than UK he also tried one in the main street but again was a lot more expensive, best thing is for her to get a quote first in the UK then try here and compare.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.