North Cyprus Tourist Board - arrived in northern cyprus for summer....best place to buy tv bbq
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > arrived in northern cyprus for summer....best place to buy tv bbq

arrived in northern cyprus for summer....best place to buy tv bbq

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

nigetj

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 39 in Discussion

falt screen ,decent sized tv

gas bbq

not rediculous priced ....any suggestions please

many thanks

erolz

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 39 in Discussion

For TV try Zorlu who have a showroom on the road leading into Girne town center with the Colony Hotel on it. As you are heading into center its on left hand side a little before the Colony. Good range of Samsung and LG TV's there, reasonable prices. I bought a Samsung from there about 6months ago. Service was good, they delivered when they said they would and fitted a wall mount, price was only about 10% over the best UK price I could find. Over all very happy with my purchase to date. I would advise you also get a voltage regulator, which they also sell. Good brand (APC) and again reasonable price.

ttoli

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 39 in Discussion

I'd second that advice re the Voltage Regulator, wasn't very nice watching smoke curling out of a new and v expensive flatscreen.

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 17:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 39 in Discussion

Arcelik - 42" 100Hz FST - 1280TL - dealt with them for 8 years and always had very good service from them

nigetj

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 18:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 39 in Discussion

hi many thanks ....where is arcelik ???please

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 39 in Discussion

We purchased the TV from the Girne Town centre store next to the Belediyesi Building.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 39 in Discussion

Arcelik is a manufacturer like sony or samsung. They have their own retail outlets in TRNC that only sell Arcelik products and they also sell through other retailers that sell prodcuts from a range of manufacturers. I am not sure what outlet specficaly washerman used, but there are retailers all over that stock and sell Arcelik products. Personaly I prefer a manufactuer that actualy makes the LCD panels themselves, rather than one that buys the panels from someone else and then assembles a final prodcut using the brought in panel, but thats just a personal preferance. Manufacturese who use other peoples panels like Arcelik I am sure also make good products.

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 39 in Discussion

Erolz...................I am not bothered about scoring 'points' with the owner of this board who happens to have the same surname as the shop that you are recommending - my advice is independent !

erolz

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 39 in Discussion

And washerman I am not interested in your implications that my post is not independant. I have no conection to Samsung or to the retailer Zorlu. I do have three LCD screens in front of me right now and they are all Samsung products. THere is a reason why I personaly choose them and I have explained it. I have no connection to the person who runs this board, no conection to the retailer that I bought my TV from 6 months ago. At that time I knew what make and model of TV I wanted was, tried serveral different retailers, found Zorlu had the best price for the model I wanted and having brought with them I have been happy with their service in terms of delivery and instalation of the TV.

For you to imply my adivce was given for some ulterior motive is frankly pretty descipable behaviour in my book but I have come to learn that is not unsual for you.

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 39 in Discussion

Don't forget Erolz, I have met you and witnessed you throwing your head back, cigarette in hand, spouting propaganda, so cheaply bought !

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 39 in Discussion

The bigger the denial.......................the bigger the implicationl !

erolz

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 39 in Discussion

Washerman your views on what TV and which retailer to buy it from may well be independant, as were mine. What is not 'independant' are your attempts to create negative impressions here about me as a person, about my honesty, my integrity and my credibility. Those are clearly motivated by your own (mis)percieved vested commercial interests. That is the simple truth. Meeting you in person only reinforced the impression I had that you have and will intentfuly attack indivduals and businesses with implication, distortion and obfuscation if you think doing so is necessary to protect your own commercial interests. In my view you do so with no regard for truth what so ever or any regard for who may fairly or unfairly get dragged into such attacks. There did not and does not need to be such a battle between us. You have chosen to make it such. Unlike yourself I have nothing to loose in such a battle as I have no commercial interests in the TRNC and no need to use this forum to promote them.

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 02:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 39 in Discussion

Erolz.........I rely on our company's seven year track record of supplying customers service in the TRNC, the quality of the product and service that we supply and the recommendations that we get from the hundreds of satisfied British Expatriat customers that we have, who honestly recommend our product/service to their friends because they want to do them a favour and 'not' cop for a (bung-containing) brown envelope for making a dubious recommendation based on a personal relationship with the 'recommendee'

Regarding, relying on this forum as a promotional tool - As far as I can see, the only 'enterprises' relying on this forum as a promotional tool are the 'illegals' - I certainly do not !

There is no battle between us. Like you, I am just in search of the 'truth' and as an 'identified' legitimate TRNC business, I do not hide my motives which, in my opinion, entitles me to highlight the ulterior motives of some of the 'identities' who post here.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 02:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 39 in Discussion

Washerman

By your own admission, you are a highly successful satellite operator so what is your hidden agenda for always taking a contrary, defensive, aggressive stance on matters that I'm not ofay with, however, you always seem to have to justify yourself should anyone cast aspersions on your integrity. Me thinks thou doth protest to much! Your credibility is out of the window.

Richard

erolz

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 02:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 39 in Discussion

Washerman no one without an ulterior motive, who cares about 'truth' would behave as you have in this thread towards me. I simply gave my honest personal opinions on the question asked based on recent personal experience. You then immediately use such as a excuse to accuse me of intentfuly offering biased opinions in order to garner some supposed credit with the owner of this board. Why would someone without an ulterior motive behave in such way, making an accusation that has absolutley no basis in truth at all?

the cat

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 05:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 39 in Discussion

So after all that, were is the best place to buy a TV then ?

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 39 in Discussion

Brinsley........"Cast aspersions on my integrity" If this is not cause or, reason to defend myself, I don't know what is ? Are you 'really' as surprised as you try to sound in your post ?

What Cyprus44 credibility ? Are you serious ?

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 08:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 39 in Discussion

Erolz.................you have two ears and one mouth, try to use them in that proportion.

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 08:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 39 in Discussion

theCat.........see message 4

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 09:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 39 in Discussion

BTW

I see many TVs everyday and not so long ago, one of our customers had terrible problems with a Samsung TV. We had witnessed the same problem on several Samsung TVs.

There was a firmware problem that meant that Audio In, SPDIF, and VGA inputs didn't work. Unless someone with a Samsung TV that this problem affects, tries to connect a PC or, another device to one of these sockets, they won't even know that anything is wrong. Problem is, if you only discover it after the guarantee expires - who will be picking up the tab ?

We pointed the problem out to the customer and they went into the shop and told the owner (not the shop that is mentioned previously in this thread, although they do sell Samsung TVs). The shop said that we were talking rubbish, but they came out and we met them at the customers house and showed them the problem which they didn't know about.

Turns out, we weren't talking rubbish - the TV had to be sent to Turkey to be fixed which took 3 months.

nigetj

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 09:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 39 in Discussion

oh my i only wanna buy a tv !!!!!

so bbq anywhere please ??????

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 09:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 39 in Discussion

Gas Barbecues are available everywhere, but if I were you, I'd head to Dubai Bazaar in Ozankoy, there's allsorts in there

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 11:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 39 in Discussion

The problem with asking for recommendations on CY44 is that you don't know whether the person is giving genuine advice based on their experience or, giving the advice because they have an ulterior motive or, in fact knows what they are talking about or, has done their homework before making a recommendation.

If you act upon a dubious recommendation that turns out to be 'duff' - the person will not want to know when things go wrong for you.

Here's an example of a glowing recommendation being given on CY44 and read the following page for the actual reality:-

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-319407.html

If you want to read more about this particular Samsung Problem - just Google "samsung TV VGA problem"

0maintenance

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 39 in Discussion

The problem with cyprus44 is you can never know if a person offering advise actually knows his onions or not,google is a great informer.

One man who posts on here offerd advise to a person and told him to go to dubai or some other UAE state and save himself a few hundred pounds rather than buy local here in TRNC,so that man went to dubai and did as recomended,several months down the line his SAT TV box package became worthless,it got turned off :(

I know nothing about TVs other than ive always bought either sony or panasonic,because they look nice and the name sounds important & they look like real quality.

I think if you buy Arcelik you can be sure of great customer service,i bought an air con unit from them,never had problems other than needing re gasing,put a call into there call centre and they was out right away.

Others have had replacments from Arcelik if there has been a problem. Its not like roll the dice and hope for the best.

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 39 in Discussion

Ah yes, Amanda, that's a good example - I remember the thread - it was a typical example of bad advice being given (in this case) because the person giving the advice has a rather large axe to grind with a 'local' supplier. When things went wrong, they didn't want to know - http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/65173.asp

If I remember correctly, Erolz jumped to his defence recently as well - something about it being too expensive to give eveyone seperate login accounts for a free VPN service so, everyone had to use the same account - I've never heard such 'tosh'

When one user downloaded a copyrighted film and the provider got a copyright infringement notice, the provider came on here 'crying' and throwing accusations which must have made the users of the free VPN service feel terrible

I believe, after I highlighted this, that this policy is now different and everyone gets a seperate login which is how it should of been from the start !

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 11:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 39 in Discussion

eaPlse ceuxse hte tposy

simbas

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 39 in Discussion

keep on topic please

Simbas

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 39 in Discussion

Hi Simbas, I apologise if I have taken the thread off topic, but I do not think that I have - is this not a natural progression for this thread ?

Someone is looking for a recommendation on where to buy a TV and Barbecue and there have been two or, three answers.

One of the answers recommended that they look at Samsung TVs. It has been pointed out and supported with evidence, that there are problems with Samsung TVs.

Is it not quite right to highlight to the readers of CY44, the dangers of 'blindly' accepting member recommendations when you don't know them, their expertise or, their motives, and to quote a couple of examples from this forum where members have followed the advice of someone and 'things' have gone drastically wrong ?

It's easy to set yourself up as an independent 'expert' in a particular field and offer advice to members when you have nothing to lose, as Erolz pointed out.

My advice is to be very cautious of any advice that is posted on CY44 - including this ! ~

erolz

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 39 in Discussion

As I said before washerman "......you have and will intentfuly attack indivduals and businesses with implication, distortion and obfuscation if you think doing so is necessary to protect your own commercial interests." and this thread shows that yet again. You make a totaly false accusation about me, you drag in other people who have not even posted in this thread, you distort and even attack Samsung as a company.

For info from Which - you know the independant consumer orgnaisation in the UK.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/03/which-reveals-best-tv-brands-249151/

"Out of the 15 TV brands and over 100 televisions tested in the past year, Which? experts picked out LG, Panasonic, Sony and Samsung as the most consistent performers at its test lab."

Washerman you company and the services you sell and the support you give may well be exemplary. Your behaviour on this forum however is far from such in my view.

erolz

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 39 in Discussion

Washerman msg28 your seem to forget that your original attack was not about Samsung TV's but was an accusation that I had recommended a specific retailer because of bias and not because of my own honest personal experience. That claim is what took this thread off topic. It was untrue, it was unecessary and it was an intentful attempt on your part to bismirch my personal integrity here in front of others. That is all plain and clear to anyone who reads the thread. As for Samsug TV's in general, maybe you should share you 'knoweldge' with Which / Consumer Association in the UK for they consistently rate Samsung TV as among the tops TV brands.

simbas

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 39 in Discussion

I repeat , keep on topic or this thread will be closed

Simbas

0maintenance

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 39 in Discussion

Thank god i bought a sony and panasonic.

Pity they dont make washing machines!

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 39 in Discussion

erolz........First of all, I don't sell televisons so, I have no commercial interests to protect !

I do work with them though, everyday.

Secondly, I have provided details of my experience and backed it up with evidence, if you choose to ignore it, so be it. Carry on making your recommendations - when things go wrong for someone, like you said, you have nothing to lose !

BTW, it doesn't surprise me that you ignore the evidence.

Consistency in performance is not what this problem is about, it is about faulty firmware that renders input sockets useless. Like I said, most people won't know because they haven't tried to use the Audio In, SPDIF or, VGA sockets - have you even bothered to look at the link that I posted ?

The HDMI sockets work perfectly, but don't try and connect a laptop/pc

Erolz........what is "plain and clear to anyone who reads this thread" is your intransigence, even when confronted with proof/evidence that contradicts your recommendation

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 39 in Discussion

Erolz.........It is well known that Turkey is a dumping ground for manufacturing companies who suddenly find that they have a faulty batch of product and there are many documented examples of this.

Some of these goods find there way to Northern Cyprus.

Do you really think that Samsung would allow Which Magazine to test a TV that they know is faulty ?

Can you show me where I get off the banana boat please?

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 39 in Discussion

@ several posts: Unbelievable. The poster in msg 1 asked some simple questions! Why can some here NOT EVER stay on topic?

P.S. Washerman, obviously the whole world is your enemy, in your opinion. But here's a translated, old Dutch saying (from the year 1191, I think) for you: self-importance stinks.

erolz

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 14:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 39 in Discussion

Where is the proof that I recommended the retailer I did because of bias washerman ? That was your direct personal attack on my intergity that led to the thread going off topic and still no proof because it is simply untrue. What we have following that is your usual distraction , distortion and obfuscation. I have read your link Washermen and if you had read it you see that the problem as far as the posters concerned relate is down to different wiring in different VGA cables. Its all there in black and white. And yet more unfounded accusations that Samsung dump products they know to be faulty in Turkey and they decieve and fool Which / Consumer association by giving them review models of TV's that are different from those in general sale. Clearly there is no one or no company you will not attack with insinuation and implication if it suits you to do so. In this case Which, who are easily fooled by Samsung and Samsung itself.

simbas

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 39 in Discussion

This thread is now closed.

Reason: Thread went off topic. Nigtj , please feel free to start a new Topic , hopefully it won't go off topic

Simbas

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 39 in Discussion

DutchCrusader.......Hello Hans,

In message 4, I stated a fact - product, supplier, and price - and half a line of my experience in dealing with Arcelik - nothing more.

Erolz, having already written an essay in recommending the shop that he did then, presumably, after reading message 4, made an attempt at putting doubt in people's minds re: LCD screens from Arcelik (message 7)

Why would he would want to so strongly recommend that particular shop and then, speculate about Arcelik's product ? Why ?

The product that he recommended has got problems - fact !

Erolz.........I do not need to provide proof, where there is smoke there is usually fire !

So, you reckon that the Samsung problem is because of faulty leads - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inYukzSUprM

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/532930-samsung-vga-input-problem.html http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archive/index.php/t-786899.html http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inYukzSUprM

More bad opinion advice !

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 39 in Discussion

Faulty leads ? - more bad opinion / advice from Erolz

Here's what a real expert tells us. Includes a work-around to the problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inYukzSUprM

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.