North Cyprus Tourist Board - Help needed with PC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Help needed with PC

Help needed with PC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Texas

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Very simply. Got a virus. Software got rid of most of it, but niggly problems remained. I back up regularly, so I decided to wipe the hard drive.

I used the Manual and the CD's supplied with the PC, a Dell, 3 years old. I used the correct CD to wipe clean the hard drive, then used the correct CD to re-install the OS and Windows Vista.

The prblem is that the CD says everything is loaded, but in fact it appears to stop near the end. Nothing happens. I left it for a few hours, but still the same. I've re-loaded everything a few times, with exactly the same result.

What must I now try?

Thanks

Jetski

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Did you re-format the hard disk? Maybe the partition is full?

erolz

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Texas. Where are you based ? If you want to bring the machine and disks to me in Girne I will sort it out for you, no charge. Diaganosing and advising remotely is limited in what can be done. Email me if you want such assistance. ( erolz@cream.org )

Texas

Message Posted:
26/06/2011 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Hi Jetski. I have partitioned the disc and tried without partitioning. I do not know about re-formatting, as my instructions for re-installing "Dell Media Direct" ( This erases all data and created drive partitions) tell me to insert a CD, then F12, then follow the instructions which matched exactly. It doesn't mention re-formatting. It used the phrase "Preparing the hard drive"

Maybe I need to re-format at a different stage?

Erolz. Thanks for your very kind offer. I'm in Alsancak, but coming to Girne is no problem. If I'm unable to sort this ASAP, I will be in touch on Tuesday.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.