North Cyprus Tourist Board - Banking Problems with CREDIT WEST
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Banking Problems with CREDIT WEST

Banking Problems with CREDIT WEST

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

Gaza58

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Has any one had problems with yje Cyprus Banking system.

I deposited a Bankers Draft some 8 weeks ago and still awaiting the funds to hit my account.

The bank in question state they cannot do a chase on the draft. so I am am after 8 weeks still having to pay for an Htel. let alone loosing now 9 weeks of interest, cannot move into my new apartment has i am awaiting the funds.

The bank in question is CREDIT WEST which I have been advised is an excelt banks and a part of ING if any one can through any light on why this should take so long it would be appreciated.

Regards

Gaza58

joseph

Message Posted:
27/06/2011 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Gaza, first port of call is your sending bank... check all details you gave them are in order etc.

I had a prob couple of years back when transferring similar amount from uk. Despite written and 'phone instructions from me (three times) requesting monies be sent in sterling they chose to send euros, obviously someone had an eye for commission. Three weeks before it was put right and another two to get the £700 commisiion returned. Excuse... different department... no doubt across the hall

Also would suggest you email CreditwestRep for help, he often posts on here and I can vouch he is a very helpful guy. Obviously make contact first before giving out any personal financial details.

His email is:pazarlama@creditwestbank.com

Hope thgis helps... Joseph

CreditwestRep

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Gaza58 I have just seen your post, after which I spoke with your branch who advise me there was a delay in getting your funds transferred to the TRNC from a Bank outside of the UK. The delay was down to the foreign bank not being able to transfer funds in a timely manner after receiving the cheque through our correspondence in Turkey, they state they explained clearly at all stages of the developments and why the delay occured, our role is to get the cheque to the foreign bank on your behalf asking them to effect payment to us so that we may in turn credit your account, in no way can we force them to do so and as the actioning bank we are left trying to explain the delay which is not under our control. On behalf of Creditwest and our personnel at your branch we apologise for the delay.

Tango1

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Is Credit West really part of ING? I wasn't aware of that. Msg.1 refers

Tango1

andrew4232

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 13:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

nope they use ING for swift money transfers, creditwest is part of altinbas group

CreditwestRep

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

We are part of the Altınbaş Group and we work with other banks all over the world.

misunderstood

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 15:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Since you are on the lin Credit West rep, how long does a Bankers Draft last? Why can't you chase it?

keithr

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

All local banks have to use a go between in Turkey due to the embargo's

Chelpet

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 21:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Cannot complain myself, asked young lady in Catalkoy branch (Nesrin) how to send a reasonably large sum of money out to TRNC, she very kindly sent an email within a couple of hours explaining how to do it, I then walked into my HSBC branch, then after suffering an interrogation on what I am going to do with MY money, then being robbed of £30 to send it it arrived in my Credit West Account within hours of being sent via Turkey, I am sure you will find the fault lies outside of Credit West as have always found them super efficent.

halffull

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

I've used Credit West for 5 years now and they have always been superb, as Chelpet said Nesrin is always so helpful and knowledgeable.

CreditwestRep

Message Posted:
06/07/2011 12:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Misunderstood in the banking world bankers drafts should be cashed before 6 months but you can claim after this period and if the paying company or person has no objection the payment can be made in your favour, but you run the risk of the person refusing payment which means you have to take them to court to get your money. If the funds are yours then theres no problem as you just advise your bank to make payment agaınst the draft as you will authorise it.

Hope that makes sense.

CreditwestRep

Message Posted:
06/07/2011 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

The second part of the question why cant we chase it? well its our job to get the cheque to the foreign bank and then ask them to pay us immediately for your account, if the bank refuses theres very little we can do other than continually send payment requests and advise you to inform the person you got the cheque from to their bank to get a move on or request the cheque be returned. So the whole procedure is in the hands of the paying bank.

CreditwestRep

Message Posted:
06/07/2011 12:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Thank you for your custom halffull and Chalpet.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.