North Cyprus Tourist Board - Cyprus Times
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Cyprus Times

Cyprus Times

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

JamesB

Message Posted:
01/10/2007 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Thinking of buying off plan next summer. Someone told me they had read about some villas being built in Karaman without permission to build. Is this usual. Did anyone read the article?

Jamesb

Susie

Message Posted:
01/10/2007 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

I think i recall seeing something about this when i was out early there in September.

When we were considering buying, i had the Cyprus Today sent to our address in UK for six months, which was very useful. I'll have a look for an old copy and send you details of how to do this

Perhaps the HBPG (home Buyers Prssure Group) know about the sites at Karaman

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
01/10/2007 16:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Hi JamesB

I understand that there have been problems with builders building without permission. I have no idea though about the site at Karaman.

My understanding is that the builder should be able to supply a building permit certificate which is called a 'Bina Ruhsati'.

If I was you I would take up Susies advice and contact the 'home buyers pressure group' for precise information

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
01/10/2007 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

You would be well advised not to buy off plan, many purchasers have had and are still having major problems having bought off plan

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
01/10/2007 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

JamesB

Try this thread. It might relate to what you are referring to

http://groups.msn.com/TRNCvillaowners/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=36468&LastModified=4675641760461467320

JamesB

Message Posted:
01/10/2007 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Thanks,

will watch out

J

ukturk

Message Posted:
02/10/2007 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

hi there all

jamesb there are quite a few so called constrution firms building in areas without permission what their intention is too build these properties and get the permission later because they might know someone in the ruhsat departmant that might give them this (in cyprus it is not what you know but who u know) and this is how they think but i would never ever buy a property off plan without the relavant documents 1) the kocan (title deeds) to the land in the builders name or the person who owns the land, 2) like what ilovecyprus has said the bina ruhsat (permission to build houses ) the arsa ruhsat (permission to build on that land) both with stamps approved by the local planning department 3) building drawings for the properties again with all building approved stamps which means that these properties and drawings have been passed without these three main things DONT TOUCH WİTH A BARGE POLE!!!!!! for extra security ask the builder to see their previous projects and too speak to people who have bought off them.

personally i would not buy off plan myself ok you can buy it cheaper off plan and you can choose tiles and colours but i would only buy nearley completed or resale properties i have never liked the idea that a builder can only finnish a property once they have recived money off you too complete a house in stages!!!

so take this info on board and be carefull to deal with reputable builders and agents take note all agents have more of an intrest to the seller because they are the ones who are paying them and get more bonuses if send more buisness their way

GOOD LUCK

p.s if you want i have contacts to one of the biggest contruction companies in cyprus if you want just post me ok

Bradus

Message Posted:
02/10/2007 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

James,

There is such a choice and it is a buyers market why buy off plan? If you read the complaints being dealt with at the moment nearly all relate to buying off plan. If you do decide can I suggest that you take advice from Jarra who has related his experience to other buyers on many of the TRNC forums and his experience is also on http://www.homebuyerspressuregroup.com/ under recommendations. He has a lovely villa and was well supported through all the stages by his architect, builder and solicitor.Only go on such recommendations and really do your home work.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
03/10/2007 00:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Had no problems buying off plan. Builder was Savyon Village, agent Donaghy & Beyler, lawyer Naomi Mehmet - all excellent. Took possession in August and going out in 2 weeks time with our children to stay in our apartment for 2 1/2 weeks.

dodger

Message Posted:
03/10/2007 00:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

worried now as we are buying of plan due to complete 2009 everything seems o.k. though (touch wood)

Bradus

Message Posted:
03/10/2007 00:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Dodger I too bought off plan despite my reservations and touch wood have so far not had any problems.However I reiterate that there have been many problems and when you weigh everything up its safer for the following reasons:

Its built and you can see what you are buying.

The snagging has already been done.

The owner can clarify that he had ptp and has the title deeds

You can see what is going up around you.

You can talk to the neighbours

I have no regrets about buying off plan but I am aware of the many purchasers that regularly post on other forums have had horrendous experiences and are constantly recommending people not to buy off plan or use the "time and time again" reputable builders like greatstones construction. Do your homework has to be the message to all considering purchasing off plan.

simbas

Message Posted:
03/10/2007 08:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

i too bought off plan with troy lake with no problems took pocession over 3yrs ago. good luck

regards simbas

pilgrim

Message Posted:
03/10/2007 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Likewise bought of plan with New Villas International, 3years ago , finished in 13months no problems.

regards

p

ukturk

Message Posted:
03/10/2007 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

dodger

you dont have to worry as long as you have done your homework and dealt with a reputable builder and agent you got no worries i have bought off plan twice but the reason is because im always in cyprus and can keep an eye on it all. i only advise people too buy off plan like i said if they have done their homework and know what they are getting into but for most people i advise just to buy complete or resale house for extra peace of mind and also you get your kocan much quicker if you buy completed or resale properties because if you buy off plan on a complex and even thou your property might the first to be completed the kocan wont be released till the last house/flat on the site has been finnished so if it is a big complex you might have to wait from 6 months to anything up to 3 years and also in the mean time the kocan will still be in the land owners or builders name and thats where these dodgy builders come in because they sell you a house you pay for it thinking it is yours and they still own it and they can sell it three or four times over so you have paid for a house that 3 or 4 people think they own but in reality the builder still owns and they have done a runner and by the time it comes to court which could take up 2-3 years you have lost more money for lawyer and court fees.

im not trying to scare people just to make them aware and this is a worst case situation but on the other hand im hearing a lot more of these stories!!

but there is no smoke without fire most people who do get ripped off sorry to say are quite naive cos they belive all the bull the builder and agent say they think they are getting a deal cos they are getting it 20-30k chaeper and they dont do their research

PLEASE you would not give a stranger in the u.k your money cos they are giving you a unmissable deal would you? so why do it in cyprus then!!!

so thats why these forums are great so people like bradus - ilovecyprus and myself can give as much info as they know to anybody who wants to listen

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.