North Cyprus Tourist Board - any news on Ismail in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > any news on Ismail in North Cyprus

any news on Ismail in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Follow North Cyprus News with Cyprus44 News

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Bayrack

Message Posted:
02/07/2011 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Just curious as to what is happening to this little boy and his family.

Marion

Message Posted:
02/07/2011 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

The very same question was on my mind, and in fact others have asked me. Sadly I know nothin g, but really would like to know somethiing?

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
03/07/2011 01:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

We where hoping the Cyprus Today would have updated, I have spoken to Anne at Cyprus today several times over the last few weeks.

Ismail is fairly well, and he as been having a break between his Chemo.

We sent more funds over last week for his treatment and travel.

He has had a high temperature of late, but his dad says he is eating better and is very positive.

He may have to have surgery, and we have been told it may only be possible in Europe.

However if his dad could find a job either here in TRNC or Turkey, and pay proper Social Security or the equivelant, then the goverment will help with the funding.

We have not posted recently due to the fact that there have been no real updates, except that he his OK and still fighting.

Also Jan and I neede some time for ourseleves, (we have a life) It has been a very tough time for us the last 18 months, especially being so close to the family,

I have also suppoted 2 other Cancer Charitys and will continue to do so.

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
03/07/2011 01:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Well done Lee! it must be a great strain and take it's toll on you both. You do unenviable & and marvellous job! Let us know if we can help in any way!

Maggie xxx

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
03/07/2011 09:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Well, what sort of work does dad do? It might help to advertise his skills on here and anywhere else you can think of in English and his native Turkish, giving as much detail as possible........

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
03/07/2011 10:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

His father is a baker, (that's where Ismail lost his arm) in the Bakery.

Personally I do not think it would be any good whatsoever advertising on a mainly Ex Pat forum for a turkish bakers position. (just my opinion)

But if you feel it is a good plan, please feel free to contact me, 0533 843 6539 and I will give Cemals details.

Like I said in the earlier post, we also have a life. and I am doing everything possible to help and support the family.

However I did suggest to Anne at Cyprus Today that it would be a good idea to possibly get it mentioned in The Turkish Papers.

0533 843 6539

spider

Message Posted:
03/07/2011 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Lee thatnsk for this update and the one the other day too. Our thoughts are always with you and giving support with Ismail.

A great idea about contacting the Turkish papers..Lets hope something comes his way very soon..

I do not think MsG will contact you from England though lets hope so if she can be of some help you need all the support you can. See you both soon.

Spider,X

Marion

Message Posted:
03/07/2011 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Thanks. I understand for the father to get a job here is difficult becdause he is technically an illegal worker. Why not try Mr Dano pastry? Or does he employ only Cypriots. It is partly because of government ruling that Turks cannot get a job here, but why can't he find one in Turkey??????? I know that is out of our domain, but as he is turkish, it would make sense.

One thing i don't understand is why should he have to go to Europe for an op. What about the excellent large hospitals in Turkey. And why are you paying for his treatment in Turkey if he is Turkish? Yes, Lee, you are doing a great job, but some folk think you have got sucked in a bit too far on this one, and no wonder you are worn out.

Where is the family now.

By the way, |I would have thought The Star would have carried the story. Why just c.t? But to have a real human interest story, a bit more factual background would be good.

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
04/07/2011 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Message 7 - Spider/Maria - How dare you post such risible tripe - I'm bored witless of your pathetic ramblings, and am well aware it's because you cannot get past the fact I've seen right through you and rarely, if ever, respond to the never ending pokes at me DESPERATE to find a way to be in contact - that will happen when hell freezes over.

You post in the "How can I improve my English" thread

"Thank goodness no one else was speaking on you behalf.......As it sometime happens" (sic)

yet continually do so where I am concerned - get over me Spider, and turn your attention back to roomy, who welcomes it.

Johnny Lee, there is no question you have done so much for this family, but everything Marion asks in Msg 8, I question also......plus if you don't speak Turkish and the family don't speak English, it must be as easy as nailing a jelly to the wall, to get anywhere - surely?

spider

Message Posted:
04/07/2011 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

LOL...Mrs G your no bigger or better than the rest of us on here...Get over your ''SELF ''

Lee left his number I took that it was for you ?

Spider,X

philbailey

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 03:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Please keep your petty fights

off this thread

hope all is well with the little boy

nurseawful

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 05:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

philbailey,

I wholeheartedly agree, Lee and Jan have worked their backsides of for this kid and don't need the hassle of coming on here and reading petty squabbles, and comments by members who just like to poke their noses into every thread that comes up!

Lee and Jan you have done / are doing a great job, a task which many of us would not have undertaken! Keep up the good work, see you soon.

Chris

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 09:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

We will carry on Chris , just having a bit of us time at the moment, our son and his wife are out for the first time since we have lived here.

Allso there has been nothing really to report on Ismail.

Also I have learned not to get wound up by pointless post's, very often from people who have not helped or donated and have nothing better do than sit at a keyboard. (I have avery busy active life )

As you will have noticed I always publish my phone number for anyone wishing to help.

Plenty of Sayer's , But not so many doer's.

Just looking forward to the day when hopefully they can return to TRNC and we can go and visit them and take them things kindly donated like we used to.

The smiles and joy on those youngsters faces are one hell of a tonic.

hattikins

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 09:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Keep up the good work Lee, you do so much for this little boy, it's a pity other people couldn't put as much effort in to helping as they do to trying to score points from each other.

Our thoughts and prayers are always with Ismail ad his family.

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 09:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Thank you hattikins and all other well wishers.

I finally received a large quantity of paperwork and bills etc via cargo from Turkey, my interepter and good friend Yasin, (whom as been a brick) sorted it out, but if you where to see the amount of treatments that Ismail has been through. As if he hadn't been throgh enough with loosing his arm and what he went throgh with that.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.