North Cyprus Tourist Board - Garden Contents Available
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Garden Contents Available

Garden Contents Available

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Gardening threads posted so far

Warbabies

Message Posted:
06/07/2011 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Sadly, we have decided to give up our rented second garden in Alsancak which some of you will have seen develop into something really beautiful over the last six years. However, we now wish to dispose of everything.

There is a wrought iron fence,- 2 sections and a gate,-8 yards long overall and 4ft 6" high,- 42 neutral coloured paving slabs 18" x 18", and a part roll of wire netting.

This is not the right time for transplanting, but may be worth a try. There are numerous shrubs and bushes, some cactii and succulents, also perennial and ground cover plants.

Please bring your own tools and sacks, but we can supply a mattock if necessary, and shears to make shrubs easier to transport.

Donations to Help Those with Cancer/Tulips, would be appreciated.

Phone 8212449 (landline) for further information.

Marion

Message Posted:
06/07/2011 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

What a shame, but I understand why. Would love to come and take some bits and pieces fo rmy end bit. would also love the gate, but reckon it should go with the fence which could be too big for me.

Will give you a ring when I can - but don't like disturbing you too much (you know that!), but it would give me an excuse to come and see you. Trouble is we don't have many tools,.

yes, I know i should phone, but this is one way of getting this back up to the top for you!!!!

Warbabies

Message Posted:
07/07/2011 06:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Agree with you that the gate should go with the fence, but do come and have a look,- since it's you I could always help out with any digging. Cheers.

Warbabies

Message Posted:
07/07/2011 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

To the folks who tried to find us this afternoon,- you were so nearly here when your last phone call died. If you continued from Teo's for a few hundred yards, leave a big,old ruin on your left, than a little further, the Lapta Clinic/Hospital on your right, and within a few yards turn right onto a wide road, Mandolin Sk., cross a bridge, keep to the road on the right, past the grapevines and a few houses, you'll come to the 3 storey block of flats, now pale apricot colour, turn sharp right opposite flats, continue for a few yards then turn sharp left, and we're the 2nd house on the left with garage and water trough. I shall be here all morning. Good luck.

Jetski

Message Posted:
07/07/2011 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Just a quick pointer..... you need to be heading EAST on the TOP Lapta-Alsancak road..... NOT the middle one which includes Lapta High Street.

If coming from the Golden Lady follow the road through the village until immediately before the big Lapta secondary school where you turn left. After the two speed bumps turn LEFT into Mandolin Sokak. After that, as above.

As always, most humble apologies to DC for any typo's, missuse of English or grammatical errors.

Marion

Message Posted:
10/07/2011 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

So is there anything left in the gaqrden for those of us who haven't made it so far? I heard a rumour that a lot of people have been defeated by the heat and the thought of digging a garden to get freebies is just de trop. Is this true? Cos if it is, that means there is lots more left for us! Whoopee. I am o n my way.

Warbabies

Message Posted:
10/07/2011 17:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

The wrought iron fence and gate, paving slabs,plants,-- everything, is still exactly where it was, awaiting those prepared to exert themselves a little.

Marion

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Exert is the word, but the quality of the slabs etc should make it worthwhile. I will certainly have a go at taking some of your ground cover, but as agreed, when the weather is cooler in the evening. But a real bargain for folk. Some fab plans, and the gate and fence is a bargain freebie.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.