North Cyprus Tourist Board - Visiting the North via Yesilirmak crossing - word of warning
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Visiting the North via Yesilirmak crossing - word of warning

Visiting the North via Yesilirmak crossing - word of warning

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus Border Crossings

» See All Threads on Cyprus Border Crossings

Cazleo

Message Posted:
07/07/2011 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Friends of mine were visiting the North from the South at the weekend, this is about the fourth time they have come to visit me and in the past have always used the Metehan crossing, since the Yesilirmak crossing is more convenient they decided to cross there on this occasion. However, they were denied entry into the north as apparently there was no record of them leaving the north from their visit last July. It didn't seem to matter that they were in the south trying to get into the north and they were informed that if they wanted to enter the north they would have to pay €4500 penalty for outstaying their 90 day visa.

On closer inspection it appeared that in three out of the four visits the three of them have made to the north over the past fhour years, not all of their details were entered onto the computers to say they had exited the north at the border. .. cont

Cazleo

Message Posted:
07/07/2011 14:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

cont...

Unfortunately they do not keep their pieces of paper with the border crossing stamps on so were unable to prove they had left and that it was just a case of "operator error". Since they have never been stopped at the Metehan border for the same thing in the past, it could be that they accept it happens there and the fact that they are entering from the south shows they have left the north...I don't know!

My point is, if you know of visitors that could be using the Yesilirmak crossing, it may be advisable to either keep their piece of paper or get their passports stamped.

blade

Message Posted:
07/07/2011 15:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

When we came here our son was 14 yrs old. when he turned 18 he had to apply for residency in his own name, which he did.

He tried to cross to the south and they had also lost him on the computer. They wanted silly amounts of money from him, even though he had residency stamp in his passport, and had done nothing wrong. We did sort it out eventually as we argued our side. After that he had had enough of it here, and move to Malta!

araneae

Message Posted:
07/07/2011 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

ecan you blamr him the micky mouse bearoprats her can not even run a brothel right.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
07/07/2011 17:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

I was a the police station once and they asked When did you arrive in TRNC ?I said 2003 at Ercan. I have not left since then.No you didnt he said yes i did i said he said on the computer you are not here i said who is standing here in front of you then? He laughed and said it doesnt matter anyway. Grrrrr.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.