North Cyprus Tourist Board - Mains water to Complexes or tankered water
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Mains water to Complexes or tankered water

Mains water to Complexes or tankered water

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Pipie

Message Posted:
10/07/2011 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

What water service does your complex have ? could you help my stating complex and area !! cheers.

Tankered water ?

or

Mains water ?

the butler

Message Posted:
10/07/2011 16:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Hi Pipie,

We live on the Medview site at Esentepe and we have tankered water. We have been offered mains water but the cost is quite high to have it brought down from the village. Although there are several owners who live here full time, the majority are holiday homes and are used only a few weeks a year. These owners would not be prepared to pay the cost of getting mains water. The quote we were given was over a £1000 per household and then you have to pay a monthly standard charge whether you use it or not.

The butlers wife

Pipie

Message Posted:
10/07/2011 19:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Thanks the butler.

Amazes me the high charges the local councils want for going on the mains but amazes me more how complexes were given planning permission to build for in the beginning, then leaves out the pipes for mains water. Not only the cost appears high for tankered water,the constant supply of water to individual tanks do not do the roads any good with the constant traffic of lorries.

On a more serious note if owners rely on a large communal water tank where they purchase water communally I do wonder about the health risk.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.