North Cyprus Tourist Board - Fires In The SUMMER In CYPRUS
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Fires In The SUMMER In CYPRUS

Fires In The SUMMER In CYPRUS

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

slimmer

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 08:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Please remember we all have ash trays in our cars so please put it out in that,we live second house down the mountain in Kayalar our friends stay it we Very bad as our mountain has gone.My husband broke short our holiday here in London so he could see the fire damage to the house and garden but we up there did not lose our houses a bit of garden but a villager lost her chicken and the window to her home, So Please REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR FAG OUT IN ASH TRAY THANKYOU.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 08:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Slimmer,

The fire was not started by a cigarette but by a faulty electricity transformer.! But good advise all the same.

Chris

frontalman

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

The fire in Karsiyaka last year started the same way. Isn't it about time EU money was used to renew the grid here with underground armoured cabling. When we had our house built I paid for a trench to be dug to run underground cabling from the last existing pole on the road to our property, only to be told that our builder's electrician had forgotten to inform Kibtek, and that I therefore had to have electricity poles. The contractors who put these poles up make a fortune and I wouldn't be surprised if backhanders fly in all directions. Hopefully things have changed since 2006. How many more young pool cleaners have to lose their lives? I know of two in the last few years in Karsiyaka area alone where the metal pole has touched overhead cables with fatal consequences.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.