North Cyprus Tourist Board - Please help me get to Dubai for Christmas
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Please help me get to Dubai for Christmas

Please help me get to Dubai for Christmas

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Brains

Message Posted:
05/11/2008 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

please can anyone suggest a place that offers cheap flights and accomodation for 4 adults and a 2 year old in Dubai over the christmas and new year period?

I have searched the internet and have managed to find deals that equates to 800gbp each (4000gbp total) for 8 nights room only !! and this is far too expensive for us.

We are visiting a family member who has a 1bed flat, which isn't big enough for all of us, and he is unable to travel to us (the obvious cheaper alternative)

Anyone got any ideas....

thanks.

BigLou

Message Posted:
05/11/2008 11:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Dubai is very expensive now. have you tried renting an apartment?

There are lots of website for apartments only and so many empty apartments in Dubai.

Brains

Message Posted:
05/11/2008 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Yes I did look but they all seem to be taken, or still reach above that price. I guess it may be a no no. Thank you for your suggestion.

berty

Message Posted:
05/11/2008 16:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

if you want to keep the price down with regards to accomadation then why not stay in Abu Dahbi as its cheaper and not that far, depending on your requirements to stay with your friend. Alternatively try Sharja and commute. I have done it a few times

dalartokat

Message Posted:
05/11/2008 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Berty, when we went to Dubai and Abu Dhabi we were told to give Sharja a wide berth, thought they did not like tourists. That was actually told to us by someone who used to live in Northern Cyprus and now lives in Dubai.

Groucho

Message Posted:
05/11/2008 20:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Why would anyone want to spend Christmas in Dubai? I'm just interested in knowing what the draw is.... I've never been but know people who have but I could never quite grasp the attraction.... have I missed something?

berty

Message Posted:
05/11/2008 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

i quite often fly into Sharja from saudi and get a taxi to Dubai. Its very cheap for me and have never had any issues with anyone being unfriendly. However after living in Saudi for over twenty years perhaps my interpretation of friendly may be a little blurred. However if you are only looking at staying there and visiting your friends then why worry so much. I was also thinking about your flights have you tried either gulf air or Cyprus Air frpom Larnaca to Dubai or Abu Dhabi because thats the way i always fly to Cyprus from Saudi and if you fly on certain days the Larnaca to Bahrain is via the emerites. Check it out as Gulf and Cyprus Air Code share but Cyprus is a lot cheaper.

Good luck failing that go to Bahrain for Christmas and we will see you in there its as good as Dubai and a damn site cheaper

Brains

Message Posted:
24/11/2008 09:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Hello to all and thank you for your replies and suggestions.

The reason I wanted to go to Dubai was because I have family there and would have liked to spend christmas with them, besides the fact that the city is a wonder to be seen.....I mean have you seen the magnificent builds there?? (Groucho - that was directed at you)

Thanks berty, I'll look at the airlines you suggested.

Take care all,

Groucho

Message Posted:
24/11/2008 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Brains,

I'm not impressed by large buildings in the desert as each one is testament to misuse of wealth... in years to come they will be called "follies" just like those erected by the idle rich in the UK who frittered away the wealth of their families in the name of vanity... but it takes all sorts...(this is not directed at you but at them)

I'm sure they are impressive to look at... I'm more inclined to think that the money could have been put to better use given the abject poverty of many on that continent.

Oil sheiks don't ring my bell...

spangles

Message Posted:
24/11/2008 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Emirate flights are doing a two for the price of one deal on flights from Larnaca to Dubai. Flight must be booked before end of November and taken before end of December. See http://www.emirates.com for details.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.