North Cyprus Tourist Board - Good dentist for kids?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Good dentist for kids?

Good dentist for kids?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Ozangirl

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

My eldest son has been advised in the UK to have 5 teeth out as he has overcrowding, anyone know of a good dentist for kids here?

bigOz

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 09:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Yes! I can recommend a very good one who has 30 years experience, and pulls out teeth painlessly as if plucking an eyebrow. The only problem is, his clinic is in Lefkoşa, on the main road to the bus terminal, pass the traffic lights where the old church is, about 100-200 meters on the right, next to "fried chicken" restaurants. The sign post outside reads "Hüseyin Biçak" (he used to be the chief dentist at Lefkoşa general hospital until 10 years ago or so).

Extremely experienced and cheap when compared to others as well. Took people there many times

His number is 05428521705 If you need more info about directions send me an email at turkishlessons1to1@yahoo.com and I shall reply with relevant info.

Ozangirl

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Many thanks I will give it a go!

brother

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 11:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Blimey bigOz, I think perhaps we should keep the direct translation of his surname a secret

Groucho

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Before you go to get his teeth removed, try going to an orthodontist. We were told the same thing in UK and managed to get treatment both there and here which didn't involve any extractions for our daughter. It will probably cost IRO 5000 TL (you can pay in instalments) but much cheaper here than privately in UK, NHS just recommend teeth extractions....taking 5 out seems extreme.

A very good orthodontist here is Bulent Haydar in Lefkosa, his number is 0392 223 8759. To find his clinic, driving from Girne to Lefkosa on dual carriageway, turn right at 'Boulder' roundabout, left at next set of lights, take first right (just after new Gonyeli Belediyesi building), take first left then 2nd right and the clinic is on right.

Both our son and daughter have had been treated by him and their teeth are now perfect. Treatment takes about 12-18 months and follow up checks are included. I don't think he charges for taking a look.

Mrs G.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.