North Cyprus Tourist Board - From the daily TRNC news online
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > From the daily TRNC news online

From the daily TRNC news online

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Follow North Cyprus News with Cyprus44 News

petemate

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

ERDOĞAN:"NO CONCESSION”

19.07.2011 - Pointing out that conditions at the period of Annan Plan related to the Cyprus problem have changed Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said “we shall discuss these conditions.” Erdogan continued as: “Giving concessions is out of question. No one should expect this”Related to the statement made by the Greek Cypriot leader Demetris Christofias to Millliyet newspaper “we shall solve the problem with Erdogan if we eat fish at the Bosporus” Erdogan said: “we shall also invite Yorgo and Eroglu. They shall be my guest here. Christofias also shall come and we shall eat fish all together.” “During my period of duty as the Turkish Prime Minister which is 4 years, I shall not consider giving Güzelyurt as a concession like it was said in the Annan Plan. Güzelyurt belongs to the North Cyprus as a whole. No change can be made also in Karpaz. They can come to worship is they want to. They still talk about having more than the Annan Plan. (continue

petemate

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

We are sorry but it is over. We are saying very clearly and openly that a bi-zonal structure with two politically equal states should be accepted. The time has been short. North Cyprus kept its promise however at the referendum North Cyprus said 65% yes but South Cyprus (Greeks) said 75% no. We shall not have any relations with South Cyprus Greek Administration during their EU term presidency. Our relations shall freeze with the EU. There shall be no EU-Turkey relations for 6 months.”“No one should expect good intentions from us against these bad intentions. Let them wait long time for the opening of Maras. We are threatened with a deadlock after all these. I hope the fourth meeting shall open the way forward. However this is due to the Greek Side. North have always been constructive and supported the process. South has always been in an attitude to support the deadlock.”

brother

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

It appears that the key to a "solution" is a best worse case of a bizonal format. I am at a loss as to the accepted reasons for why the talks have been dragging on for so long. Can it be that the same set of demands have been discussed with the same set of answers for all of this (wasted) time?

If TR's position is that the GCs stance is causing deadlock then is the GCs position simple that they want their ideal and nothing less?

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

I think a statement from both sides will be issued in the coming weeks.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.