North Cyprus Tourist Board - Ford Cangar (nice people to deal with)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Ford Cangar (nice people to deal with)

Ford Cangar (nice people to deal with)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

stockiefan

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Visited their showroom last week and decided on a nice new car. The rep Argun could not have been more helpful. We actually met the owner who was a real hoot. No pressure to buy, really friendly, a pleasure to deal with. Would certainly buy from them again.

Agobard

Message Posted:
20/07/2011 08:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Well, I agree that they are very friendly - although only have experience of the BMW part of Cangar - but am not over the moon about their servicing. Had a major service and 3 weeks later, the pollen filter needed replacing. Asked why it had not been done and was told that it was not art of the service and would have been more expensive! A month later the front brake pads needed replacing having only done a few hundred miles. I find this a bit alarming as it is something which should have definitely been checked at the service. Patently obvious that the pads were not going to last until the next 15K mile service.

flamefabs

Message Posted:
20/07/2011 08:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Nice people ?

they got their landrover franchise canceled (by land rover) for cheating / exaggerating warranty claims.

waddo

Message Posted:
20/07/2011 08:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

The Freelander I bought from them blew the head gasket 6 months later (it was a second hand car by the way) and knowing that this model had problems with head gaskets I made a point of asking the salesman if they had problems with them - never had a problem he told me, these engines are the best you can buy. After having the repair work done at a cost of over 1K STG I talked to the maintenance guys in their workshop - they showed me a pile of old head gaskets and told me they always blow out and it is well known.

So, did the salesman lie, or was it that he did not know? Benifit of the doubt if you wish as he had only worked there for 8 years and may not have got around to the workshop yet!!!

Cangar motors accounts staff are the best I have dealt with anywhere but all salesmen are only after the commission at any price - a little bit of honesty goes a long way in customer relations!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.