North Cyprus Tourist Board - aphrodite guzulyurt
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > aphrodite guzulyurt

aphrodite guzulyurt

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Aphrodite Beachfront Village North Cyprus property review

gazza

Message Posted:
05/11/2008 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 51 in Discussion

hi all.

been a while since i have posted on the web site,just wondered if anyone has any news on the evergreen site at guzelyurt called aphrodite,where we have brought a apartment,been on to there web site it seems to coming on slowly but surely, should be ready december but looks to be a bit behind schedule which is not really a problem as not in a great hurry as long as the project gets finished.we were there in june and the apartments looked great so it would be great to hear from anybody who has been there there after that, and seen what progress has been made.look forward to any replys.

all the best gazza

Izzie

Message Posted:
06/11/2008 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Gazza

We were over in September and stayed at the apartment.

Evergreen were able to supply a water and electricity service for our stay.

We had been over previously in July when we were able to furnish and hang curtains etc so the apartment was ready for us in September.

The Quality of the build is impressive,the fixtures and fittings are of a high grade.

The Site looks really good ,only the pool block and the last 3 apartment blocks to complete.

We are over again early December for a week and looking forward to it.

gazza

Message Posted:
06/11/2008 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 51 in Discussion

hi izzie.

nice to know you are impressed by the build quality, we were there in june and we were also impressed ,it looked good even though the white goods were not fitted .

have you paid the vat and final payment,together with the ews payment yet? what block have you brought in ? we hope to be over early next year.

all the best gazza

Izzie

Message Posted:
06/11/2008 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Gazza

We have concluded the sale and all monies paid except nominal amount which we will hold until site is complete.

We are the first block as you enter the site (20A midlle apartment)

gazza

Message Posted:
06/11/2008 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 51 in Discussion

hi again izzie.

we hope to pay our final payment in december,what ammount are you holding back and do you think the site wiil be complete by xmas.

Izzie

Message Posted:
06/11/2008 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Gazza

When you speak to Evergreen they are confident that the end of the year

is acheivable, however I feel early next year would be nearer the mark.

We will be over there in 4 weeks and will be able to gauge better once we see the progress.

Regards

Linus

Message Posted:
06/11/2008 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Izzie

I have also purchased on this site and am going over late December to take another look. Where did you purchase your furniture, light fittings, fans etc as I want to sort this out when I go over. Have you visited the electricity/water companies and paid the installation fee yet. I am told you can't set up a DD with the bank for the water only the electricity.

Be good to hear from you

Regards

Linus

Izzie

Message Posted:
07/11/2008 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Linus

We bought most furniture from Homefront to the west of Lapta

and the remainder from Ikea however my golf travel bag came in useful

for other bits we brought over.

Light fittings we bought here and took them over with us.

The fan we bought from Lemar supermarket

I have not yet arranged a bank account to take care of DD's etc

The Electric and Water accounts have not been done yet as we have been

using temp supplies from Evergreen/Eurocoast (No water/electric meters on site yet) Isabel and I are at Aphrodite from the 2nd until the 9th Dec

Regards

gazza

Message Posted:
07/11/2008 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 51 in Discussion

hi izzie/linus(paul)

do you think it is cheaper and easier to buy a furniture package rather than going around different shops etc, its just the time factor and knowing where to go' we are looking forward to coming over when the site is finished and hope to arrange the furniture at the same time,izzie are your white goods installed yet?

also have you had a look around the area yet.

all the best gazza

Izzie

Message Posted:
07/11/2008 13:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Gazza

The only problem we found looking at furniture packages was not a lot of choice,because we have bought the apartment for our and our families use

we wanted pieces that were not available in any of the packages we saw.

Our White Goods were installed in September

We have had a good look round now and found that going further round the coast toward Soli and Lefke there are some lovely spots and good restaurants

Regards

gazza

Message Posted:
07/11/2008 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 51 in Discussion

hi izzie.

cheers hope to meet up one day.

gazza,becky, dave, angie,

linus

Message Posted:
07/11/2008 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 51 in Discussion

HI izzie/Gazza

Thanks for the feedback. I have got details on a few furniture companies and Homefront does seem quite popular. Did you try Yaztan in Nicosia? They are adverised on the blog page. I was wondering whether you could get the fan and light fitting combined as I have seen them in the UK. Do you know if Evergreen are making any progress with getting the beach sorted? Also are you planning to get any shutters fitted when the property is not being used to keep secure and block out the sun. There are companies I believe that fit aluminium ones? I am looking forward to exploring the area but doubt if we will have much time at Xmas as there is so much to do and sort out. I might go back across for a week in March to oversee the furniture delivery and hopefully have a bit more time then

Regards

Linus

saucyboy69

Message Posted:
07/11/2008 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 51 in Discussion

For furniture try Tarim Furniture in Alsancak when we ordered ordered for our two bedroom apartment in Lapta we saved over £700 non the basic package compared to the price quoted at Homefront, we then just ordered the other bits as we went along.... Layla is the contact there very helpful they have a website wich i think is http://www.tarimfurnitue.com

They delivered on time and even stored the furniture for six month's as the apartment was late ... no charge and we had only paid the deposit..

I have since had a chair from Homefront that was delivered with the wrong material but they did change it...

In Cyprus you pays your money and takes a GAMBLE !!

Pete,

gazza

Message Posted:
07/11/2008 23:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 51 in Discussion

hi all.

there must be more than 3 of us that have brought at aphrodite, so come on all you aphrodites let us know where you are, its going to be a great spot when all is completed ! and when and if they build the second phase there will be more of us to share a lovely spot in north cyprus where a lot of people will be able to enjoy a little corner of this lovely island.

gazza

gazza

Message Posted:
07/11/2008 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 51 in Discussion

sorry me again.

just a quicky saucyboy69 have you brought at aphrodite.

cheers gazza

Linus

Message Posted:
08/11/2008 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 51 in Discussion

Here here if you are an owner at Aphrodite let us know

Linus

Message Posted:
09/11/2008 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 51 in Discussion

Any body heard anymore about Evergreen cleaning up the beach at Aphrodite

saucyboy69

Message Posted:
09/11/2008 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 51 in Discussion

Hi guys sorry no my apartment is in Lapta we looked at the Aphrodite complex in Oct 2006 before we made our decision and we were told by the sales guy we needed vision for the area,,, we had vision but believe it will be ten years before the area around Aphrodite is what we wanted so bought our pre 1974 turkish title apartment in Lapta where there is much more close at hand..

Good luck with your apartments and enjoy them we love ours and i'm out again in just over a weeks time for a few days..

Pete

Irish

Message Posted:
12/11/2008 17:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 51 in Discussion

Hi all ,

we have just bought in Aphrodite,and was there in Oct ,

things are looking good ,they are working on the pool and restaurant area,they are also working on phase two ,we have been told that the complex will be ready for end of DEC ? and the beach is starting to be worked on as well,we hope to go out again soon ,hope to hear from any one soon

Izzie

Message Posted:
12/11/2008 17:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 51 in Discussion

Welcome ,

Where about on the complex have you bought

We are the 1st block as you enter the site, mid apartment,

and are over in 3 weeks for a week and will update on our return

We were last over in September and it all looks really good

Regards

Linus

Message Posted:
12/11/2008 20:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Irish

Welcome to the forum. I to have bought a completed apt on Aphrodite phase 1. I was over in Feb and mine was just about being completed. I am returning late December to carry out snagging/looking for furniture etc. Looking at the pictures the site is looking great. It is good to hear they are working on the beach as I understand they were waiting for permission from the goverment and I began to wonder whether they would ever clean it up. I think they are planning to put a wavebreaker in place and make it a sandy beach. Sounds good.

Hope to meet up sometime. Which block have you bought in?

Regards

Linus

gazza

Message Posted:
12/11/2008 23:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 51 in Discussion

hi irish.

glad to have you on board now there are 4 of us,(but hey dont tell to many people about our little spot down on the west coast they will all want to be there).we also think it looks good with the build quality looking a good standard hopefully the snagging will not cause to many probs for us all,it would also be great to hear from any more who have brought on this site.if phase 2 has started is that a good sign that they are selling well,we hope so.

gazza

Linus

Message Posted:
13/11/2008 01:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Gazza

I think its a good sign if they are proceeding with phase 2 in the current climate. After all they are smaller and cheaper apartments

Linus

Izzie

Message Posted:
13/11/2008 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Linus

When we were last there ,end of September, the wave breakers were already built and the beach area cleared of the majority of pebbles leaving dark sand,

however the waves were still bringing the stones back onto the cleared

area and will need cleared again.

I suppose this will be ongoing work until the wave breakers settle.

Regards

Linus

Message Posted:
13/11/2008 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 51 in Discussion

Izzie

Oh well at least they have made a start on cleaning up the beach. Have a good time when you go back in December. Hope to meet up sometime. It is mainly school holiday time we we will be across at the moment as my wife is a teacher. Always end up paying more for the flights then unfortunately

Regards

Linus

Irish

Message Posted:
14/11/2008 04:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Linus, gazza,and Izzie

nice to hear from you,we have bought phase 1 no19 garden appt,and as for phase 2 they are nearly all sold ,as we ware going to buy one in phase 2 but they were smaller,we also did are snag list not much wrong with are one so far,no water or electricity in yet though they hope to have that soon,they are whiting on the transformers to be bought in ,Issie hope you have a nice time on your holidays cant weight to hear the news

Irish

Linus

Message Posted:
15/11/2008 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Irish

I was wondering why they had started phase 2 in the current economic climate but if they have almost sold them all that is good news. I know they were offering long term finance packages so perhaps that s the answer and they are of course cheaper. Their intention is to open a water sports park and offer an apartment rental service once phase 2 is complete

Linus

Linus

Message Posted:
16/11/2008 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Irish/Izzie

Have any of you guys been to the electricity company to pay for the metre and set up a DD. I have been advised by Evergreen I need to do this when i go over in December

Linus

Irish

Message Posted:
17/11/2008 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 51 in Discussion

Hi all

has evergreen bean in contact with you?they have not contacted us jet ,we only bought are apartment last month from them and they have not bean in contact with us about the metres yet,we believe that they have long term plans for that area and the blue print project seams to very good if things go to plan it will be up and coming area.

tonyhickey

Message Posted:
17/11/2008 00:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 51 in Discussion

Hi All Have you had excellent service from Evergreen, we are buying on Crystal Bay Marina on the east side of kyrenia and was told our apartment would be finished in Dec 2008 but it looks like it will be April 2009. Tony and Susan.

Linus

Message Posted:
17/11/2008 20:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Tony

I have found them to be fine. Everything they have said they would do they have. The quality of the build is very good. I bought my completed property in March and was advised site due for completion end of December. Think that might be a little tight but they are not far off.

Linus

gazza

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 51 in Discussion

hi eveybody.

just thought i would bring the aphrodite site in guzulyurt back in the picture, so that a lot of you do not forget we are also on the island, this great site is on a lovely bay with the troodos mountains as an added view. also as the second phase has apparently started and nearly all been sold ,this up and coming area must have something going for it.oh we also we have our own golf course down the road,and some lovely little bays to sit and enjoy the sea and sunshine,and a few effes. bye for now.

gazza,.

Linus

Message Posted:
30/11/2008 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 51 in Discussion

Well said Gazza

There is more to NC than Kyrenia as beautiful as it is. Guzelyurt is a lovely area. Clearly there must be plenty of people who have bought on Aphrodite who are not members of this forum.

Would be great to hear from any new buyers

Regards

Linus

Linus

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 00:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 51 in Discussion

As anybody had final comfirmation from EG that the site will be completely finished at the end of this month

Linus

newscoop

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 51 in Discussion

What does Gazza mean when he says "we have our own golf course down the road?" The only course there is CMC which is a members owned course using browns instead of greens.

gazza

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 51 in Discussion

hi newscoop.

the way i play golf it does not matter what colour the greens or browns are,maybe they will want a few new members,be nice to get a bit of practise in with the sun out, and the sea right on the edge of the course.i might even get a bit better.

cheers gazza

newscoop

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 51 in Discussion

Fabulous today, 70 degrees, water like a millpond, two people on the course, and a wonderful view from the 4th and 5th holes over to Aphrodite. Not bad for December.

gazza

Message Posted:
05/12/2008 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 51 in Discussion

hi newscoop.

bloody cold here in england,hope you had a good round",have you brought at aphrodite,or do you already live there.

cheers garry

newscoop

Message Posted:
05/12/2008 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 51 in Discussion

No Gazza I live in Lapta but have been a member at CMC for nine years.

If you`re interested in membership I can sort it for you, otherwise 30ytl per round. The sunrises on the course are magnificent, worth getting up for.

Linus

Message Posted:
08/12/2008 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Everybody

Just to let you know have had confirmation from Evergreen the Aphrodite site is due to be finished by the end of the month. I am going across to take a look on the 27 December for a week so will be spending New year in NC. Have not seen the site since February. Is anybody else on the development across at the same time? Would be nice to say hello

Regards

Linus

Linus

Message Posted:
10/12/2008 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 51 in Discussion

Nobody visiting the Aphrodite site over Xmas and New Year

gazza

Message Posted:
16/12/2008 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 51 in Discussion

hi all.

izzie have you been to your apartment yet ,and have you any news on when the site will be completed.we are going to pay our ews and vat very soon,and maybe some of the final payment only if the site is complete, so any info will be very helpfull,linus hope goes well when you visit late dec "".

cheers gazza

Linus

Message Posted:
16/12/2008 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 51 in Discussion

Gazza

Can't wait to go out now to see the progress that's been made. A busy week I think as we are hunting for furniture etc. I hope to meet some people on the site. I know there is a couple that now live on the site according to Evergreen so i will find out what i can and let you know any news

Regards

Linus

Have a nice Xmas

gazza

Message Posted:
16/12/2008 23:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 51 in Discussion

hello linus.

we have spoke a few times.i think we all know the site will not be finished by dec all we want is the site to be completed.the time scale is not a problem. we are not after money because the site is not complete,or seeking money back from evergreen because of late completion dates . there are a enough probs at the moment for all of us ,we can not wait for the time to come over to what we think will be a great place to holiday or live in the future.

all the best gazza

gazza

Message Posted:
16/12/2008 23:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 51 in Discussion

hi me again.

no reply from izzie yet ,hope alls alright,prehaps she is staying there and not telling us ?

gazza

Message Posted:
18/12/2008 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 51 in Discussion

hi linus.

good luck with your furniture hunting,but cannot see the site being finished by the the end of december, but the pictures that evergreen e-mailed me it seems to be coming on nicely so early next year it may be complete.so hopefully you wil be able to let me know the full situation when you come back.

cheers gazza

gazza

Message Posted:
19/12/2008 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 51 in Discussion

hi izzie.

are you back yet,and did you have a good time,how is the site looking.got a few pictures from nurten at evergreen looking good,hope to hear from you soon

gazza

Linus

Message Posted:
20/12/2008 20:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 51 in Discussion

See theres updated pictures on the EG site now. I reckon probably February/March completion

Gypsy

Message Posted:
08/01/2009 09:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Folks,

I've just found this forum and think it would be great to chat with others who have bought at Aphrodite. I bought off the plan in early 2006 but I've only been back a few times since then. I was there in August and the apartment was great, but it didn't look like the site would be finished by Dec. I'm not really in a hurry anyway. However I haven't been able to get hold of Nurten for a while, does anyone know when she will be back from holidays? I sent through my final payment in late Dec to my lawyers' trust account for them to forward, but I haven't got a reply from them or Evergreen yet??? I have aprt 13A. cheers

Linus

Message Posted:
08/01/2009 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 51 in Discussion

Hi Gypsy

Welcome to the forum. I am in block 14. We are trying to to get as many e-mail addressess together as possible for owners at Aphrodite to share our experiences.

I will send you an e-mail I recived yesterday to you if you dont mind

Regards

linus

saabx36

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 22:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 51 in Discussion

hi Linus, i am also in block 14.have any owners have the permit to purchase come through?

Cheers

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.