North Cyprus Tourist Board - Importing car to TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Importing car to TRNC

Importing car to TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

jagman

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

anybody thinking of importing a car here must make themselves aware of the LATEST laws at the time because they are liable to change at any time. make sure you know what you are doing,

PS THERE IS ONE VERY IMPORTANT FACT THAT I HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT WITH ALL THESE OTHER PROBLEMS OVER THE PAST COPLE OF YEARS AND IT IS THIS

IT WAS NEVER MY INTENTION TO IMPORT THIS CAR PERMANENTLY, I COULD'NT IT WAS TOO OLD.

MY INTENTION WAS TO USE IT AS LONG AS I LEGALLY COULD AND THEN SHIP IT BACK TO UK !!!!!!!!!!!

THE FACT THAT A CAR AMNESTY WAS INTRODUCED BY THE NEW GOVERNMENT FOR WHICH I QUALIFIED CHANGED THE WHOLE THING

Fitzy46

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

we want to find out where to go to kyrenia port to pick up our car being imported to meet our transporter coming from Dover land and Ferry .Also we know the charge of import tax but can we pay duty with our Barclays Visa debit as we did'nt want to carry cash and do we need stamps? We need to have every thing ready to save wasted time.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 12:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Cannot help you with Kyrenia port as our car came into Famagusta but you have to pay cash in Turkish Lira, even though the import duty will be quoted in Sterling. We did not need stamps but that was 4 years ago so may have changed.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.