North Cyprus Tourist Board - Backgammon competition Karsiyaka Park
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Backgammon competition Karsiyaka Park

Backgammon competition Karsiyaka Park

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

tonygrim

Message Posted:
24/07/2011 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Efes are sponsering a backgammon competition at Karsiyaka park today 25th July 10TL entrance fee which includes 2 free beers. starting taking entrants at 6 oclock Games starting at 7 oclock. So come along and test your ability should be fun.

There is a cash prize but Efes have not told us what it is so that will be a surpise ,

Marion

Message Posted:
24/07/2011 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Oh blow! I love a game of backgamon, but I already have appointments. Maybe I can get down later. don't want the Efes, but love playing. Hope a lot support, but this Cypriot last minute info means that I lose out too much on great events.

Have fun!

bigOz

Message Posted:
24/07/2011 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

tonygrim;

What kind of backgammon rules are we talking about here? I know the locals play the straight backgammon English play, but there is no "five high" business involved! Also the locals do play two other versions such as "hapis" (prison) and "gülbahar" (can't be bothered with literal translation now, it would be meaningless!')

What and where is Karşıyaka park? Is it an actual open air park in town centre, or is there more to it?

Marion

Message Posted:
24/07/2011 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Can't talk about the rules, but Karsiyaka Park is the cafe onthe corner of the square (right hand side of the road) which has a large open air centre for weddings, concerts etc. does karaoke nights for the locals as well as provide jolly good food at reasonable prices. the cafe itself is called '\karsiyaka |Park'. Karsiyaka is a few kms out of Girne going through Karoglanoglu, Alsancak and Lapta. the square has been there for a long time, but if you blink you could miss it - but it has a cofffee shop, a small supermarket, a butchers and the Park cafe. Hope that helps.

bigOz

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 00:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Thank you Marion - I might even join in

tonygrim

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Sorry Marion for late posting but I was only told last evening as you say typical there has been a sign up for a couple of days but it is in Turkish. Anyway do try to make it, it should be fun

Gail

tonygrim

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Hi the rules are 2 5 3 5 if thats makes any sense aplogies for it being a late reply I have only just managed to find out. Gail

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.