North Cyprus Tourist Board - who can take care of my dog while i go away for a month?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > who can take care of my dog while i go away for a month?

who can take care of my dog while i go away for a month?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

maiso

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 17:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 41 in Discussion

8-month old German shepherd female named jizzle. trained and harmless. very friendly. reasonable prices please! thank you

maiso

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 41 in Discussion

this is my number 05338338983

maiso

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 41 in Discussion

if any available please call me at 05338338983 or email me at honey_100_69@hotmail.com!

please urgently needed! thank you

Hector

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 41 in Discussion

firestarter runs a kennels.

Tango1

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 41 in Discussion

The local Buzz Book is a fount of all knowledge and lists kennels. Its usually £6 a day I think and most want money up front (if they don't know you) as they have been lumbered with animals when owners don't come back for them.

Pipie

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 01:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 41 in Discussion

Firestarter has a very good reputaion she is well recomended !!

DoctorW

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 08:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 41 in Discussion

It maybe that maybe members would be unwilling to look after an animal of someone they dont know.

We have all seen horror stories here of members that have taken a dog in for a short time and ended up lumbered forever when the owner has dissapeared .

As a student you will obviously be short of cash so may not be able to afford kennels, have you asked all your fellow students, some who may live here permanently and be able to help?

delikomsu

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 41 in Discussion

mais, I am very suspicious of your post and would like other members to be aware that you have already booked your dog Jizzle into our kennels for one month from 15th August and confirmed this by phone only two days ago. Why then are you asking again? I will be contacting you today to discuss this. Please everyone be cautious here.

martinD41

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 09:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 41 in Discussion

Presumably the dog is also up to date with it's Vaccinations ..or doesn't that count here either?

maiso

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 41 in Discussion

the problem is all my friends are taking the summer off for a month otherwise it would of been perfect! .yes i did book the dog but would like to know more about the kennels. its perfectly normal . its the fist time i leave her here and it kind of worries me a bit too much and would like to be up to date about how they work and what they do. so i would like to have the firestarter number and the local buzz book if possible. thanks guys highly appreciated.

oh and sorry for the inconvenience Mrs. Penny.

maiso

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 12:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 41 in Discussion

and yes jizzle has full vaccinations. all included in her doctors report booklet

thank you.

blade

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 41 in Discussion

Firestarter has no space.

Thanks Penny for highlighting this.

Before booking kennel space it is always a good idea to go along and view the kennels. Then if your happy make a reservation. When you book kennel space and fail to turn up, you deny the genuine owner who is in need of a space, along with wasting the kennel owners time and costing them money.

If you not using your space which you booked then call up the kennels as soon as you know and be fair to them.

petsitter61

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 13:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 41 in Discussion

the first call i recived from this person was about traning not kennels and the dog hotels phone number was given out for this at the time i advised the caller they were on holiday in sweden and to call them in three weeks

i recived another call two week later looking for kennels i asumed the traning was on hold so pennys number was given out which the owner lost and i gave again on friday i contacted penny to advise and forwarded the owners text

i would not recomend a kennels who would not look after anyones dog

i myself have visited both the places i recommend and meet the owners

my self i go visit new customers and meet there dogs and find out were they live and if im happy i invite them to see were there dog will be staying in my house

there are too many people who think if they put there dog in kennels and dont come back that they will be looked after putting the strain on the pet sitter. after 6 years of doing this i have not been dummped with anyones dog

petsitter61

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 41 in Discussion

cont

i have had people who after i explaine the type of care and i say now i need to visit you say they will get back to me and dont do they have something to hide

i am taking there dog in my house with my dogs and possibly someone elses and need to asses if they will all get on i dont have anyware to lock a dog up

i the customers dog is not house trained or will not mix i have to refuse the sit and suggest other numbers to the customer

linda

maiso

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 41 in Discussion

well you all must know its my first time. i fully agree with it all .. i haven't done this before so i really don't know how it works.. but i am a student here so its a guarantee that i will be coming back. i cant even imagine who would just abandon their dogs. i worked in Toronto dog shelter for 7 months in Canada. i would really appreciate some advice or maybe come and see how the program is Linda. i have two dogs in the house one which is my flat mates .. so my dog is very friendly with other dogs and is well trained. please let me know how it works for you and call me back maybe we can arrange a meeting as well .. thank you

(05338338983)

PS. full respect for what you guys do with the dogs

and i didn't cancel anyone's kennel i was still with her booking but just hooping to see and learn more about kennels and the people there. once again sorry for the misunderstanding.

delikomsu

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 41 in Discussion

message 15 and hopefully to close this. When I contacted this person today she lied to me directly on the phone, as well as giving me a wrong number. I would certainly not recommend anyone to deal with her. K9 kennels have officially cancelled her booking. Just feel sorry for the dog!

maiso

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 41 in Discussion

i just wanted to see if there's a better price i am a student in the end. its not like i paid you or anything you have no rights to feel offended . have some class lady.

pathetic. simply pathetic. be a professional .

frontalman

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 41 in Discussion

I'm afraid a booking is a commitment whether money has changed or not. If you had explained that you were keeping your options open but would place the dog if you couldn't find a better alternative, that's different. It seems that some young people today have a bit of a problem with responsibility.

frontalman

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 23:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 41 in Discussion

Sorry that's 'changed hands or not'

frontalman

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 23:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 41 in Discussion

Sorry, that should be 'changed hands'

frontalman

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 23:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 41 in Discussion

Sorry, that should be 'changed hands'

frontalman

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 41 in Discussion

To be sure, to be sure, to be sure

Marion

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 00:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 41 in Discussion

What is happening with the flat mate's dog? Why c an't you do the same, or have someone come to live in and look after both, or have the flat mate look after both.

takingon dogs is like having children and you should really make sure you have proper arrangements for them BEFORE you go away. If as a student you cannot really afford kennels, you DO have a problem. but why did you take the dog anyway?

Hope you solve the problem, but it seems that there are not many options. Nothing is cheap here theswe days. When we go away a friend takes our dog, and I would not put her in kennels. if I cannot have that, then I don't go away. I assume you want to go home to your family. You have a toughone here!

maiso

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 16:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 41 in Discussion

i can afford it i just wanted to see my options as i said i am new here.. but yeah now im thinking of flying her back home with me .. but my friend told me that turkish airlines isnt very good with dogs.. im abit confused now i just really want the best tretament for her.. i grew up with dogs so im really used to them .. so if theres anything you guys can suggest let me know . and if you know anything about larnacas pet transport or ercan just keep me posted thanx you guys

Marion

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 16:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 41 in Discussion

If you are taking her on holiday then you are faced with quarantine requirements on returning from Turkey. Or where is home? It costs money to take a dog and yours is really only a puppy. I would suggest you ask somewhere like KAR or look at their web site. they have all the info you require. also, are YOU able to go south? I think you need to seek advice from the proper quarters, such as Ercan Airport, KAR and the government on laws. good luck.

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 41 in Discussion

If you have grown up with dogs, then should know that most countries have a 6 month quaratine law, so why woudl you think about taking the dog with with you if it was only for a holiday?

Also, if your flat mate has a dog, why can't he/she take care of yours while you are away for a holiday?

I am sorry, but originally i was quite sympathetic to your needs, but now i am quite suspicious...are you actually planning to leave, and are hoping to find some gullible person to take on your dog...?

Perhaps it might bean idea to show any potential dog carer/sitter your flight plan and your student contract...just a thought. I do not want to condemn anyone...but perhaps there is a language difference and you are not stating your case correctly.

If you are a genuine dog owner and lover i hope very much that it all works out...however if you are simply trying to pawn off a dog onto someone, then i hope i never meet you.

All said and done...i really hope you find a solution....

DD

Marion

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 01:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 41 in Discussion

You raised some of the same questions as myself DD, and maybe there is a language problem here, but it is cutting it a bit short of talking of going away for a month as uni will be starting back all too soon. I will be interested to learn what happens, for as \I said, it is expensive to take a dog on a plane, and it would be cheaper to pay a kennels to look after it!

guess I am getting very confused and icnreasingly interested in what will happen here. so long as the dog does not feel dumped.

moxie

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 03:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 41 in Discussion

oopps another poor doggie me thinks ???

Tango1

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 41 in Discussion

Like others on the Forum, I'm afraid this thread is begining to smell very "fishy" to me. Not at all genuine in fact.

Is it me.......but why is Msg.1,2 & 3 now about someone trying to sell a German Shepherd when it was a student trying to find a home for just one month. Have I missed something, somewhere?

T

BoTanica

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 12:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 41 in Discussion

Tango1 : its a continuation of the thread title "who can take care of my dog while I go away for a month".

Maiso : With regards mess. 17 - Kennels get pretty booked up - especially in the summer months and Penny could easily have declined another booking by holding you reservation!!

PS to penny - maybe a deposit to secure in future!!?

maiso

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 14:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 41 in Discussion

i am a Canadian citizen so yes I fly from the other side. and NO I'm not going to dump her! many people would love to buy my dog logic sense people. do you not understand the situation here its not a language problem! i booked with penny but wanted to check more about the kennels and the prices and she for some reason got insulted and cancelled my booking although i called her to confirm my booking a few days before.. but she didn't like that i put a forum up so she cancelled my booking .. and now you people are accusing me of dumping my dog at some kennel? and just to make things clear i am willing to pay before hand. I'm a 20 year old student give me a break i don't know what kind of people you deal or dealt with but where i come from people usually give good advice and help out instead of accusing someone you havet even met or spoken to . i would really appreciate it if you'd quit assuming I'm going to dump my dog. have some respect people.appreciate the advice marion thanx man

Marion

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 14:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 41 in Discussion

You really are leaving it late. sad about the confusion with |Penny but people who run a business need to ensure that they get their bookings andd do not lose money. also of course not many people can help with an 8 months old dog - a bit frisky. We all have difficult when we go away, unless we use kennels. If you can afford it why not try some of the other kennels, I am sure that is better than giving the dog the upheaval of travelling to Canada and back! It is a long journey and quite stressful.

All I am concerned with as are many others here is that the dog does not become a victim. so many times that happens here and that is why people are suspicious. It has all been done before.

But you don't say WHEN you are going and time must be running out. also bear in mind that people know that some have false identities on here and use them to hide behind. so you are Canadian, but of what national origin. And you don't say you are a student. Please forgive them all if they have offend

Marion

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 41 in Discussion

There are some really nice people on this board who have seensome pretty bad things happen to dogs (and cats) and in terms of good advice, listen to those who tell you to go to a kennels. You do not really have any other option. If you have the money, then your dog will be cared for and won't feel he has been dumped by his 'mother' (and note I said 'feel'!)

Try the kennels at the top of the page - although they may be fully booked. Or again, what about the suggestion of others tha tyu leave it with your flat mate. Surely she can cope with two for a short while.

mistymoppet

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 41 in Discussion

maiso how can you take your dog back to Canada just for a month? Surely you would have to put her in quarantine for 6 months? I lived in Montreal and know that customs wont even allow you to bring kinda eggs into the country, let alone a pet without quarantine. Also I don't understand why if you can afford to take her back with you, you are so worried about the cost of kennels.

All that said and done if she isn't genuine surely at this stage she just wouldn't bother to reply to the posts and would just dump her dog in the street and leave.

blade

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 41 in Discussion

During Christmas, New Year, June,July and August most kennel space is booked well in advance.

If you want space you need to book early and not leave it until the last minute.

Too many times people call up kennel owners for space and bookings, for them only to see a few days later the same person trying to rehome the dog because they are leaving. You have to understand their point of view.

Most people in the TRNC came here with one or zero dogs. Then over time have aquired more and more, its a massive problem. Not many people can afford to take on any more unwanted dogs.

I don't mean to be unkind but maybe before buying a dog you should have thought of the costs involved in keeping one.

Janzy

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 41 in Discussion

Re Message 31 - K9 Kennels Kaplica

Penny and Phil are two of the most wonderful, caring genuine dog loving people that I have ever met. They are currently taking excellent care of my long term sponsored dog. They have been stung before. People have left their dogs with them whilst they go on holiday and they don't return. Consequently they are left with a dog that they have to finance themselves (and they have little money) or in extreme circumstances they have to let the dog go, which is heartbreaking for them. This is why Penny is dubious. It is nothing personal, she is just a wonderful caring person who just wants the best for any dog that may come into her care.

maiso

Message Posted:
07/08/2011 00:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 41 in Discussion

hey thanx guys .. im not flying to canada im flying to amman its 50 minutes away from larnaca so its all good .

my flat mate will be staying with her thanx for the advice guys. im pretty sure everyone is wonderful here.

Marion

Message Posted:
07/08/2011 02:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 41 in Discussion

Hmmm. thought you said you were going home to Canada, but now you are going to Amman. Is that home too? I am sure you have confused a lot of us especially as you are now leaving the dog with the flat mate which is what was suggested by someone way back. glad it is all resolved and hope you have a good holiday - but why amman????

joandjelly

Message Posted:
07/08/2011 12:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 41 in Discussion

For heavens sake give the girl a break! At no point did she say she was flying home to Canada, merely that she was going home. Just because she is a Canadian citizen doesn't mean Canada is home.

Marion

Message Posted:
07/08/2011 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 41 in Discussion

cos she inferred it . Why otherwise mention having a Canadian passport and going home. If 'home' is Amman then there is no relevance, or maybe as some people feel this is a bit of a wind up - or at the very least a heck of a lot of confusion.

as she took time to pick our brains, maybe we are allowed to take a bit of time ensuring that she is getting it right for her and her dog.

as ,long as Fido is happy!

maiso

Message Posted:
07/08/2011 17:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 41 in Discussion

i mentioned it because you asked if i can cross to the other side. read above. my god an i delete this post? im never posting anything again haha.

thanx joandjelly never said i was flying to canada. all the kennels are booked thats why im leaving her with my flat mate okay

peace out!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.