North Cyprus Tourist Board - TRNC : Loud Noise Polution
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > TRNC : Loud Noise Polution

TRNC : Loud Noise Polution

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

deputydawg

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 01:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 28 in Discussion

I wonder what views members have regarding levels of noise and what should be deemed acceptable or not tolerated. Most of us cope with the noise of barking dogs, imam broadcasts, music from places of entertainment, even boisterous neighbours, with an attitude of live and let live but where should the line be drawn, if at all. Do you believe that it is acceptable for neighbours to raise party noise night after night or occasionally ? Is it acceptable when such noise is restricted to small gatherings sharing drinks and moderately loud poolside music but not acceptable when it is large gatherings in a residential area and private villa blasting out music into the early hours of the morning as if it were a heavy metal rock band playing at escape beach for example ? I thought there was a midnight curfew for music for entertainment premises unless an extension granted ? If this is the case surely rules, if there are any, are more stringent for private premises in residential areas ?

Deniz1

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 08:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 28 in Discussion

I live between the Malpas Cornaro and Shayna beach and at the weekends its horrendous sometimes it goes on until 5am. There is a big stage being erected at the beach this morning so it looks like ear plugs weekend again.

Redwine

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 08:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 28 in Discussion

Excuse me you are in a muslim country and part of life is imam broadcasts. If you don't like this country's rules then go back to blighty.

barbaros

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 09:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 28 in Discussion

I don't think many of us object to people having parties and enjoying themselves. I object to the same as Deniz 1

At the weekends Thursday - Sunday the boom boom boom goes on until 5am sometimes. I understand that

entertainers have to finish at midnight but clubs can go on until 5.00am

Obviously the person who made that rule doesn't live close to any such venue.

Just my opinion

B

louthlass

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 28 in Discussion

For the last ten years we have had to close the windows and shutters around dusk to try and avoid the horrendous music booming out, and still when we are sitting inside we can both here it and feel the sofa shaking on occasions. We don't mind people enjoying themselves but there are limits, and why would people want to party until 5am. Don't they sleep? What has happened to the Cyprus we used to know, where the sound of mole crickets and tree frogs was a pleasure to the ears, together with the donkeys and the dogs!!

blade

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 28 in Discussion

We live in an all Cypriot area, we party as and when we want and until what ever time we want.

Enjoy, don't let it get you down. If you can't beat them join them!!

deputydawg

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 28 in Discussion

Redwine. If you "read" what I have written I have made no critiscism whatsoever of Imam Broadcasts. Where I choose to live is none of your business.

cavalryman

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 28 in Discussion

When you but maybe its best to check out the area ie dont by near an airport and then complain about a/c noise so don,t but near bars and hotels that have live music seeemples

cavalryman

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 28 in Discussion

did not have much luck with my buy did i

Redwine

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 28 in Discussion

In response to you critising me about imam noise you said you put up with it - just same.

Anyway sure when you buy a house you suss out what's around. If you buy near an airport you expect to hear aeroplanes, if you buy near a club you expect to hear the club. So to me it' s a question of put up or shut up.

by the way we chose peace and quiet and got. No music, no clubs, just the sound of owls, crickets, birds........

Deniz1

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 28 in Discussion

When i bought my house Malpas and Cornaro were not built or even thought of then and Shayna was a tiny cafe on the beach. As for the Imam i love to hear that.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 28 in Discussion

I agree Redwine.

Looked around carefully before buying and visited possible areas on Friday/Saturday nights and listened. The result is the peace and quiet of Karsiyaka.

If anyone has a party then we invite all the neighbours - so no problem.

nigetj

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 28 in Discussion

coming from abu dhabi i love to hear the mosque x

deputydawg

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 13:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 28 in Discussion

"Live and let live" is not "putting up with it" but respect for your neighbours to live their own lives but it can only work if it is reciprocal and not the right of one party not to care whether or not their lifestyle adversely impacts on others. There are legal principles which define the difference between volunteering to "move to the nuisance" and "the nuisance moving to you". Obviously if a choice is made to live in the centre of a holiday resort expect a lot of noise. However if you pay an extra premium to live in a more remote residential area it is perhaps galling to have one family from hell with no consideration for others whatsoever. Even more galling if they are using with impunity the electricity facilities for which you paid £6,500 to link to the area and they make a din of nightclub proportion. The purpose of my post was to try and gain members views on what is acceptable peaceful enjoyment of your environment/ surroundings and what is not.

mamachina

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 28 in Discussion

Personally, I would say neighbours should cut down the loud noises after midnight! We have a cypriot family next door who only come out "at night" (are they vampires?) and sit outside the door and talk loudly all night. This does not bother us as out bedroom is the other side, if they are still at it after 10.30 I would not continue with loud music outside after about 11pm on a weekday - but perhaps longer at weekends - if I was a party/loud music type person! WQhich is why, if we party, we usually have an afternoon into early evening one.

bigOz

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 28 in Discussion

When I bought my apartment back in 1981, there was no dual carriageway with a flyover with endless stream of fast moving noisy motorbikes, or exhaust blasting silly cars. Neither was there a huge mosque having 2 minarets with 12 huge loudspeakers that make me jump in my sleep 4.30 in the morning, every time an out of tune "imam" screams his head off! It is OK if you are a kilometer or two away but try living couple of hundred yards away from one and you'll soon want to commit "hara kiri" - or kill the imam?

I am a Cypriot by the way, and the minarets were built some 20 years later! There is nothing in the Kuran that says call to prayer should use loudspeakers. I also think it is a blasphemy to use a recorded "ezan" (call to prayer) from a digital player connected to loudspeakers - what they do in many mosques nowadays. A prayer must be instantaneous. It's like confessing into a recorder the night before, and sending it with your friend to the priest next day, for a confession!

vonny

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 14:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 28 in Discussion

Wow! im so glad i bought in karaoglanoglu,i hear nothing

blade

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 28 in Discussion

I think the TRNC planning laws are slightly to blame here. Not many places would they build a massive hotel complex in a residential area. But here it appears the norm.

As for noise, well sort of different but the same upset our enjoyment of our propery sometimes. One of our neighbours beats their child and the mother yell as well, while she is doing it.

For us this is totally unacceptable to beat a child let along yell the street down while she does it. We complained to the police and have TC visitors who have also doen the same. Nothing was done about it.

So we turned my husbands impression of the mother into the standing village joke. That soon stopped her.

Ways and means. If your neighbour keeps you up with music all night, then ask them to stop. If that doesn't work wait until they sleep and turn up your sounds. They soon will understand how you feel.

0maintenance

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 28 in Discussion

Deniz1

get ready for the shaggy concert this weekend

MedOne

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 28 in Discussion

I was asking about this last week so I am interested to more responses here.

Personally I can cope with loud music until midnight. Afterall, we are in a country that attracts tourists. When I have been on holiday I have sat in a bar or outside my verandah until midnight chatting and laughing with friends so I have to accept that others might do the same, even on my doorstep. But at least they're enjoying themselves and aren't hurting anyone.

However, when it comes to early hours of the morning I would not be happy about if it was disturbing my peace, and others. From what I can gather here the problem areas are Shayna Beach and Cornaro Beach. I am very worried about this as I was planning to move to that area in a few weeks time.

I don't want to choose to live in an area that will cause me problems, I'd rather stay away, so I am looking to you people to advise. Does the level and frequency of the loud noise outweigh the pleasure of living at that end of Çatalköy?

birdman

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 28 in Discussion

Anyone living within 3 kilometres of ICE Nightclub (Next to Escape Beach) will be aware of the volume their speakers pump out music and Singing until 0400 in the morning. Even with double glazed windows, the sound vibrates through them. (And I live next to the new Dual Carriageway roundabout, (Erinor Petrol Station) 2,000 metres away from the club.) The music is so loud it MUST be damaging to the ears of all who attend the functions there. I once attended to find out what it was like and had to leave after 15 minutes as the sound was vibrating my brain. It was torture to listen to. Each word and annunciation is clear from 2000 metres away ! It is

totally inconsiderate to the hundreds who live even closer than myself.

Music and singing yes, but drop the volume, it is NOT NECESSARY !!!

Gerry

jamboree

Message Posted:
06/08/2011 03:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 28 in Discussion

spot on birdman

any thing over 85db causes damage to hearing and leading to total hearing loss.

when you are passing these clubs and bars the db levels are much higher than 85db out side let alone inside.

so all who likes these places enjoy now be deaf later it soon catches up..

there is no control of the levels of sound systems in the clubs and bars here in nc. the officials do not even have db meters to test the sound levels.

Rocker

Message Posted:
06/08/2011 06:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 28 in Discussion

I live not far from Deniz and another noisy night with windows shut but still could here the boom boom boom eventually went to sleep or should I say saw the clock around 03.30.Its every Friday and Saturday. Noise pollution at weekends is bad especially as I am deaf in one ear and still here it. Last year I made many complaints but it got us nowhere.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
06/08/2011 08:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 28 in Discussion

think i will send them a bill for my electric as i hav e to close all the windows and keep the air con working.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
06/08/2011 08:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 28 in Discussion

Terry off topic i see number 2 is for sale any comments i cannot email you.

Rocker

Message Posted:
06/08/2011 08:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 28 in Discussion

That's Us. You know where we are or hillterry26@gmail.com

Rocker

philbailey

Message Posted:
09/08/2011 02:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 28 in Discussion

These venues need to make money in the summer

it is supply and demand

if there was no demand there would be no loud music

Deniz1

Message Posted:
09/08/2011 06:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 28 in Discussion

I have said this before but if you go to Cornaro at about 4am the music is blaring only a handful of people there and some asleep. Its the i can do it so i will attitude.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.