North Cyprus Tourist Board - Recommendations / Quotations Required For Guttering & Plaster Repairs
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Recommendations / Quotations Required For Guttering & Plaster Repairs

Recommendations / Quotations Required For Guttering & Plaster Repairs

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

KarsiyakaKid

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

When we were here in April and experienced some relatively heavy downpours it became blatantly obvious that some extensive guttering works would minimize the amount of water on the walls and may reduce the amount of damp that generates in the winter months. I did toy with the idea of sourcing the materials and doing the works myself but by the time I have purchased ladders etc. it may be just as cost effective to sub let the works to a reputable builder / roofer / plumber (All these trades put gutter up in the UK but I also need some plaster repairs done at the same time) We are here for the next 4 weeks and I am hoping that with your help we can find a good tradesmen who can tender the works and if successful complete the works in the given time-span.In conclusion we look forward to any member recommendations or indeed tradesmen who would like to tender.

martin

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 09:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

give me a call martin 05338330941 i am confident that i can amend this work with in the 4 week you are here

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 09:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Try Kevin at Donegal Developments. He a member of the Federation of Master Builders and is a "time served" plasterer, as well as a small works builder.

0533 840 1280

KarsiyakaKid

Message Posted:
06/08/2011 08:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Back to the top

CdsCyprus

Message Posted:
07/08/2011 13:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Dear KarsiyakaKid,

Please feel free to contact us to arrange a survey, we would be happy to give you a free, no obligation quotation.

Customer Service 0548 8444999

info@cdscyprus.com

http://www.cdscyprus.com

CDS - Commercial & Domestic Services Ltd

pc4854

Message Posted:
08/08/2011 07:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Wouldn't bother with the expense of guttering and down pipes, if I were you. As you said, you experienced downpours while you were here, if that was last winter, then that was only drizzle. When it rains here, it RAINS. Look around at other properties in the area, most do not have guttering because when it rains there is so much water, guttering finds it hard to cope with, indeed unless you keep it clean and leaf free, you have no chance. As to the dampness in the walls, assuming that this is at the bottom of the walls and not the top, then this is moisture sucked up by the concrete and there is little you can do about it. If it is anywhere else, then you need a builder to locate and correct the problem. Best wishes from another Karsiyaka resident.

MrsSnakes

Message Posted:
08/08/2011 07:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Yes when it rains it rains here!! But.....I think it depends on the style and build of your house. Our develepment has guttering and early in the year Barry extented our guttering along the terraces and for us it allievated a huge problem. We searched around for guttering and most Yappi markets stock bits but seemed in poor condition. The best place we found was the bathroom shop in New Harbour Road. They delivered FOC.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.