North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turtles hatching in October 2011
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turtles hatching in October 2011

Turtles hatching in October 2011

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

McDfamily

Message Posted:
06/08/2011 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

We are holidaying for the 1st time in North Cyprus and wondered if the turtles would still be hatching in October. Also if there is a website/person we can contact for more information regarding this. Many thanks

me-style

Message Posted:
06/08/2011 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

I wonder if you are serious, turtles do not follow who and when someone is coming. Turtles are hatching now july and august

McDfamily

Message Posted:
06/08/2011 23:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Thank you! We were originally going to visit in July but because of the high temperatures decided on October. Just read an article regarding turtle hatching which said that hatching occurs July - October which got us excited thinking we have a chance of seeing them after all. Looking for information so we know where to go to get more up to date info when we are there. If we see them fantastic and if not so be it. This is something that the children would love to see in real life and not on the TV.

Marion

Message Posted:
07/08/2011 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Take a look at http://www.seaturtle.org and http://www.cyprusturtles.org or when you are here give Tricia Dann a ring on 0533 846 9563 or for alagadi then 0533 879 8533. You never know! At the moment the hatchings are fast and furious but there are a lot more to go. But get the info from the experts, so look at the web pages.September, but in october maybe you would be here to see The Weakest Link - or even be victims. But the date is not fixed, and saldy there will be no live turtles at any of them! But whenever you come, i hope you have a fantastic holiday.

ianwfs

Message Posted:
07/08/2011 11:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

I would say that you could just about be lucky early October, but not later in the month. The eggs hatch within a couple of days at a fixed time from laying, so a call to the phone numbers above would give you a good idea of the October chances.

McDfamily

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Hello

Arriving in North Cyprus on Saturday for a 2 week holiday with my family (14, 12 & 9 yrs) and would love any restaurant recommendations. We are staying in Alsancak. Also would like to visit Nicosia, any advice on what to do there. Any suggestions for "what to do" would be great.

Many thanks

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.