North Cyprus Tourist Board - Lap top problem short of disk space
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Lap top problem short of disk space

Lap top problem short of disk space

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Cazzy

Message Posted:
08/08/2011 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Hopeing someone may help. I have an IBM Thinkpad T21, a pop up is saying very low on disk space, i have removed programs i don't use much but still the pop up returns.

TIA Cazzy.

sunshineheave

Message Posted:
08/08/2011 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

After removing all unwanted programs delete their files from c-windows and program files,empty the recycle bin, perform disk clean up right click on c drive and in tools choose disk clean up option,In my documents folder check pictures videos or if you have any download folder move them into drive D if you have or move them to any external storage media.

Hope this will help if still problem

write us on itsolutions90@live.com

Thanks

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
08/08/2011 13:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

I assume you are no expert so here are some simple tips - I apologise if you are.

Are you sure you have removed programs rather than just deleted the icons from the desktop? To remove programs you must go to 'Control Panel' and then 'Add or Remove Programs'. Also, when you delete something it doesn't make any space on the disk - it simply stores the items in the 'recycle bin'. You must open the 'recycle bin' and empty it before the space is made available.

But programs don't take up a lot of space - it is usually data that fills up the disk. If you don't really understand what you are doing this can be quite difficult. Also, because only you know what is important to you, it is not a job you can delegate. You need to find someone who understands computers to sit with you and guide you through the places to look for unrequired data - it can be in many places.

If you want to come out to Karsiyaka I will be happy to help but you can probably find someone nearer to Girne.

Good luck!

erolz

Message Posted:
08/08/2011 13:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

I too, like Jovial John, would be happy to sit with you and help you located and remove unwanted files taking up space. I am in GIrne You can email me on erolz@cream.org if interested.

yenibob

Message Posted:
08/08/2011 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

An external hard drive would seem to be an answer. I believe the T21 has a tiny Hard Drive built in. Even a large memory stick would be a help.

Navek

Message Posted:
08/08/2011 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Cazzy,

A quick way to clear out unwanted files,

1. Click on START, bottom left of your screen. click on Computer, check Local Disc C, Take note of free Space, then...

2. Click on START again.

3, Click on Disk Cleanup, it will scour your system for various items not needed.

(Thumbnails seem to take up a lot of space. )

At top of Disk Cleanup Window, It will say..

You can use Disk Cleanup to free up to ?????? MB or GB of Disk Space on (C)

4. Click OK

5. Delete Files (only files it has already selected)

6. Click on START, bottom left of your screen. click on Computer, check Local Disc C,

Take note of free Space now available.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Navek

Cazzy

Message Posted:
08/08/2011 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks everyone for the information. Problem solved.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.