North Cyprus Tourist Board - TRNC. Mountain biking Polis area - anyone available?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > TRNC. Mountain biking Polis area - anyone available?

TRNC. Mountain biking Polis area - anyone available?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

ecjl88

Message Posted:
08/08/2011 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hello

My boyfriend and I are coming to Cyprus on 7 September for 12 days. He's bringing his bike - would like to go out mountain biking every other day. The organised trips are SOOOO expensive so he's thinking of going alone.

Are there any groups or people who meet up? He's pretty good but not expert level - just wants to have fun!

(whilst I am reading and swimming and road biking every other day!).

Please let me know ASAP so that we can decide where to stay - probably in the Polis area.

Thanks!

E

philbailey

Message Posted:
09/08/2011 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

When was Polis in trnc ?

philbailey

Message Posted:
09/08/2011 00:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

http://www.cyprus-travel-secrets.com/polis-cyprus.html

ecjl88

Message Posted:
10/08/2011 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Okay, so I didn't know this was for TRNC when I registered. I was looking for a discussion forum in Cyprus and this is one of the only ones I could find - it seemed well-subscribed so I was encouraged. Hope that this is not a problem.

Thanks for the link, but I'm trying to find out if there are any groups of people who have a forum or something similar to discuss going biking together - a Google search is proving difficult so I thought I'd ask the people who live there...

Any really good bike shops on the island, for example, who have a website and might know?

As I say - the companies who run the tours sound great, but it would cost us something like £600 for 5 day's cycling and we simply don't have that kind of money.

Thanks again,

E

Deniz1

Message Posted:
10/08/2011 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Sorry us being on the other side we cant help you.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
10/08/2011 16:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

I am sorry - we know nothing re cycling on "other side" but at only £615 we can supply a tour including a loan bike see http://www.iah-holidays.co.uk/North_Cyprus_Tours_Mountain_Bike_Tours.php - hope you have luck do try to visit North Cyprus if only to see as many think it far more scenic and a tad more friendly.

Beware till at least the later part of September be prepared for it to be very hot.

Hippo

Message Posted:
10/08/2011 17:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Hello I am not a mountain biker but there are lots of trails,paths and quiet roads that would be more than siutable for what you want.

If you are going to the Polis area then the Akamas peninsular is available fairly close.

Troodos has many trails particulary around the summitt of Olympus, there are marked trails signposted.

There are a few outdoor groups operating do a search on Anglo Cyprus that may throw somthing up for you.

North cyprus is fine for what you want but dont forget as the previous poster said its very hot untill the end of September and also its fairl steep intilly sea level to 2000 feet before you hiot the horizointal trails.

The Dutch Crusader does a good map and also there is a trail leaflet available.

agama

Message Posted:
19/08/2011 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Hi, I recently opened an outdoor shop in Girne (Kyrenia), and I have the maps for the latest trail network built in North Cyprus. The network is about 600 kilometers with all sorts of trails for all levels. These trails are marked with white and green paint. I can send you google earth files of these trails. There are some examples in wikiloc.com - search for AGAMA.

There is a group getting together every Sunday for fun bike rides (with emergency road assistance)- Search them on facebook as "bisiklet evi", or "cyprus cycling". The organizers name is Tacam Gokboru, who also owns a bike shop.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.