North Cyprus Tourist Board - garbage removal in catalkoy
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > garbage removal in catalkoy

garbage removal in catalkoy

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

timefore

Message Posted:
12/08/2011 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

has anyone one the catalkoy area had their garbage removed? - we in kavak sok seem to have missed 2 collections, and the rubbish is piling up!

TRNCTed

Message Posted:
12/08/2011 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Timefore, after nearly 8 days of no collections the rubbish was finally picked up yesterday but by the time I returned from work it was full again. The problem at this time of year is that in our block of 4 apartments, all 4 are currently occupied and we only have 1 of the smaller wheelie bins per block. Obviously it is usually no problem as there is only us permanently in the block and 1 of the others often occupied, but when all 4 are here and the bins aren't emptied it becomes a huge problem. I think once the bins were over flowing the others must have kept their rubbish in doors like we did and they just got there 1st once they were emptied.

I can't remember what days they are due to be collected but believe it is Sunday and Wednesday in Catalkoy?

If it is all of catalkoy it may be the usual problem of 'our vehicle is not working' or it may be due to a go slow during Ramadan as no food or drink can slow things down.

I hope you rubbish will be gone soon

TRNC Ted

BoTanica

Message Posted:
12/08/2011 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

I am also in Çatalköy and I didn't get the usual Sunday night/monday morning one, nor the wednesday night/thursday morning one. Bit worrying now as starting to smell and my bin is full. But also relieved its not personal!!

TRNCTed

Message Posted:
12/08/2011 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

I maybe wrong then in the fact that they were collected yesterday if no one else has had theirs picked up in catalkoy. Maybe someone took it upon themselves to remove the overflowing bags and put them in a bin which had room as bags were all over the floor and stacked high above the level of the bin but the excess was gone when I got home. Also as with many others we have many cats on site which obviously love the rubbish.

I'll see tonight when I get home.

StevieF

Message Posted:
12/08/2011 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

I have just contacted Catalkoy Belediyer, and they informed me that they were experiencing problems with the engine on the rufuse truck, and that they would hopefully be doing a full collection of rubbish thisafternoon ( Friday ) so leave it out.

TRNCTed

Message Posted:
12/08/2011 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks for that Stevie. Much appreciated, hopefully the smell would have gone by the time I get home then and we can get rid of the many rubbish bags we have sat on the back terrace too.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.