North Cyprus Tourist Board - First Time Renewing Residency: Help!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > First Time Renewing Residency: Help!

First Time Renewing Residency: Help!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

Track

Message Posted:
12/08/2011 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hey guys. My wife and I have been living in Famagusta since Dec. She is a student at EMU and gets her residency through the school. I was granted 6 month residency at the end of March. When I went to Nicosia to get my stamp, they told me to come back on Sept. 23 to renew. They said all I would need is a bank statement showing at least $10,000 USD to get a 1 year permit, and that I wouldn't need anything else.

I've been seeing lots of questions about residency lately, and I'm wondering if there is, in fact, more that I have to do than get a bank statement. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

gooligan

Message Posted:
12/08/2011 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

I'd go to Famagusta police station and check with them.

Track

Message Posted:
13/08/2011 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Thanks for the help I guess. I came on here hoping I WOULDN'T have to do that and wondering if anyone knew what the procedure NORMALLY is.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
13/08/2011 14:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

You normally need a Muhtars letter Rental contract stamped by the tax office or your home deeds. Blood test results unopened passport photocopy bank statements marriage certificate. Also the white slip from immigration stamped or your ins and outs from the police station. Think thats everything.

Agobard

Message Posted:
13/08/2011 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Mukhtar's form, bank book, stamped rental contract or kocan, passport, marriage certificate. You will need photocopies of all of these items except the mukhtar's form. Your passport photocopy should be of the picture page plus the previous residency stamp. If you are under 60, you will need to go for a blood test. Go to the police station and ask for a form for the blood test, go and get it done, pay the laboratory fee then return to the police station with your receipt. When you collect your test results, do not open the envelope. Take it with you to Lefkosa when you go to get your passport stamped, along with the fee and 7.5TL in stamps. If you were given a small pink or blue book when you got your initial residency, hand this in to the police station as well - it will be returned by Lefkosa.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.