North Cyprus Tourist Board - Fostering a cat
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Fostering a cat

Fostering a cat

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Jaybee

Message Posted:
11/11/2008 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I have been feeding our friends cat for 8 months while they are in the uk but theyve decided not to come back and have asked me to rehome him. Firstly any offers? Alternatively, we will take the cat home and hopefully rehome him at some stage. Having never owned a cat, can anyone tell me what the process is of moving an outdoor cat to a new home, to still become an outdoor cat ie litter trays, how long do you leave them inside etc? Thanks.

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
11/11/2008 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

I'm sure you'll get a variety of answers, but when I brought mine back from quarantine, I kept them indoors for 2 weeks, then let them out shortly before dinner time. As I have 5, I trained them a long time ago to come when I ring a bell, that way they all come to eat at the same time! Let them out for 1/2 hour, then rang the bell and they came in for dinner. I kept them in for the night, then let them out the next day, and they didn't go far. When I moved house , I did the same thing, kept them in for nearly 2 weeks, then let them out and they just sat in the garden, came back in and went in and out for about an hour, then all came back in and went to sleep. No problem.

I have always had litter trays indoors, because in England I always kept them in at night, so they are used to using them. I also have a litter area in the garden that they use, that way they all go in one spot.

Jaybee

Message Posted:
13/11/2008 13:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Thanks for that advice. Fingers crossed all will go well as he will adapt to his new home and environment.

lobylud

Message Posted:
13/11/2008 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

We've got three cats, two females who rarely go out and will only use the litter tray (don't ask what happens if the tray is removed) and a male cat.

The male cat was born outside and is perfectly house trained. He doesn't use the litter tray and uses the cat flap to come and go as he pleases.

The cat flap is locked at night and he is let out in the morning.

You may have the same problem with the outside cat so you may need to fit a cat flap if possible.

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
13/11/2008 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Forgot to mention the cat flap, you can buy them in Green Garden Centre/pet shop. Very easy to fit.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.