North Cyprus Tourist Board - North to South hire car
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North to South hire car

North to South hire car

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Moradin

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Am coming to north cyprus for the first time in a week or so, Kyrenia, specifically.

am flying into to larnaca, and getting a taxi (north taxi firm coming south) taking me to the villa.

have a hire car while im there. My question is, can i just drive over the border with no problems, to say, visit ayai napa for the day.

or do i need to pay a taxi?

nurseawful

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Check with your care rental firm as some of them will allow you to take the car south.

Chris

dusty48

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 23:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Ask you car hire firm before you come out if the answer is no then go to Oscar car hire they will do it no problem

suel5

Message Posted:
15/08/2011 00:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Why not hire a car in south which you can drive north and cross the border with no problem.

I would not advise using Oscar, we had to hire from them a couple of months ago so we could cross the border as I had to go home quickly, the car was the worse I have ever seen. At the border, the gear stick came off which left us stranded, I then had to get a taxi to LCA. When the guys came they just glued it back in

Jonesy299

Message Posted:
15/08/2011 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Highly unlikely you will be able to find a reputable north based company that will allow you to travel south.

If this is your first time to Kyrenia then trust me you will find plenty to do and tons of places to see here in the North - I can almost guarantee you will not miss nipping over the border to Ayia Napa.

Have a good holiday

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
15/08/2011 07:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

you could keep your taxi from lca to the villa .Hire your car in the north and if you still wish to visit "eye a nipple" drive your car to the crossing point near to famagusta ,park up and get a taxi from there into the town and return etc the same way .....dont forget your passport though

kav

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.